Archers Not Firing

Users who are viewing this thread

I could video the thing. Game is broken. My archers don't fire unless I give some order at the start of battle lmao.

They have "Fire at Will" since 8 years. They always start firing without any command. But maybe this solve the issue for you. For me its not working so my army doesnt have any archers atm.

The solution was mentioned already; dont fight at night. Even some darkness before dawn or at like 9pm and ur guys will begin shooting at around 50 meters. If u fight at daytime the range is like 150 for archers and 170 ish for crossbowmen from what I have found. I think its a good feature, since if ur attacking castles etc and they have alot of archers u should attack at night.

Better solution. Remove this pointless unfun system. Even fi you can't see clearly you can still fire a damn volley.

Better solution. Remove this pointless unfun system. Even fi you can't see clearly you can still fire a damn volley.

I quite like the addition and am happy it's in the game! I hope they clean it up so that only environments where it makes sense is where it happens- night and perhaps any weather effects.

What u even on about, aren't you the guy who refunded it like instantly? I prefer to listen to peoples feedback who actually played the game for more than 2 hours.

If anything it should reduce accuracy not range. Not being able to shoot further than your nose is just stupid but missing some shots in the dark would seem reasonable. At most maybe a 20% range decrease.

I quite like the addition and am happy it's in the game! I hope they clean it up so that only environments where it makes sense is where it happens- night and perhaps any weather effects.
Are you just saying this to be a contrarian? Its not good design for an entire part of your army to be useless due to the time of day.

It is the night that is the problem I have had 2 lines of archers approach each other at night and the range is 1/2 if not 1/3 of what it is in the daytime, which makes no sense to me. 3/4 of the range would be the maximum penalty for night not this insanity.

If anything it should reduce accuracy not range. Not being able to shoot further than your nose is just stupid but missing some shots in the dark would seem reasonable. At most maybe a 20% range decrease.
That would be the perfect solution imo. More realistic in that you can't really target units well in the dark but decreasing range just doesnt make any sense.

Also speaking of archers not firing, i have almost lost a clear victory after a rough battle where most of my infantry and all of my cavalry have been defeated, because the archers I had left (about 20 battanian fian champions) never fired a shot because enemy cavalry (about 10 low level) would swoop in one by one and cause my archers to go melee and not even hit them as they passed. If i could just tell them to not go melee they would make short work of them in seconds.

There is a 50/50 chance when I load into a battle that archers won't fire despite being told to. Why is that?

Keep in mind, this game has been in development for 10 years.
Archers do seem a bit bugged, but be aware that they're slower to start firing if fighting at night do to lack of visibility

I believe I know what causes it! 80% of the time it's because the archers aren't in a flat field and theres snow, trees, rain ect. (although sometimes they do fire in that environment). 20% it is a bit buggy and only fire when charging.

Actually, a "blind" volley function would be really cool. If you're using archers at night, the commander could manually place a volley target field similar to targeting movement orders. The accuracy would need to be far less than aimed shots, but it would be better than nothing.

Then.... FLAMING ARROWS! Could act as tracer rounds, improving volley accuracy.

I would even like the ability to fire no matter what, like if my infantry is fighting the enemy I still want my archers to fire at the ****ers, they deserve it. I pay them, feed them and give them victories and they never thank me.

There is a 50/50 chance when I load into a battle that archers won't fire despite being told to. Why is that?

Keep in mind, this game has been in development for 10 years.

at night their range gets really small. if you have an army with a lot of archers you only want to fight at daytime.

also you can turn it off/on with F4

If the devs really want to decrease the ability of archers to fire at night, they should decrease the accuracy of the shots, not the range. It just confuses people as to why their archers aren't firing.

Actually, a "blind" volley function would be really cool. If you're using archers at night, the commander could manually place a volley target field similar to targeting movement orders. The accuracy would need to be far less than aimed shots, but it would be better than nothing.

Then.... FLAMING ARROWS! Could act as tracer rounds, improving volley accuracy.
YES! There is so much potencial with the battlefield orders that would make a skilled player shine like allowing a shield wall to be performed with any formation allowing any size of the circle formation, make infantry stand ground, make infantry with spears brace and so on. I am sure more improvements will come but now it just feels like you are just moving units around.

I don't think the issue is solely night or weather. My archers don't fire almost every time even during the day or on flat terrain. Sometimes giving order to stop fire/fire at will a few times helps. But the issue is that when I position my troops and babysit archers like that, enemy is already in melee range anyway and archers are kinda useless, even if they decide to fire at that point.

Interestingly though, AI seems to not have that issue. Their archers are firing all the time from max range, even simple looters who throw stones.

Also I would also be in favor of weather/visibility reducing accuracy and not range.

After reporting archer not firing problem at the start of the week I realise that the main problem is that when battle start the Archers are to close to the infantry. First thing to do is to move them to a different position where they ''clear'' vision. If Talesworlds just make the archers start a bit away from the infantry like it will solve 80% of the situation where they dont shoot from start.

Second thing the time of the day and weather affect if they shoot ot not. (Logical)

Third the line of vision of the archer also affect if they shoot or not.(Logical)

Back
Top Bottom