SP - General Suggestion for steamrolling problem (War targets)

Users who are viewing this thread

Factions would have "desired towns/cities" at the beginning of the war, and number could be 2-3 at max. Player will be free to attack as many castles/cities as they please.

AI factions will also try to re-claim their lost lands during that battle, priority would be like;

1) Siege fiefs that has lost since the new war
2) If all previously owned fiefs are intact, go and siege those "war targets" which cannot be more than 2 or 3.
3) If all previously owned fiefs are intact and all war targets are taken, and if you could defend them for "insert number" months, factions will go peace.

No steamrolling, no "all or nothing".

I do not like it.
the goal of war is always territorial expansion as a whole.
they should want to grab the entire map, but this should not be simple.

perhaps when one faction begins to dominate and poses a threat, other factions declare war on it and perhaps even temporarily conclude peace among themselves.

combining calradia should be a daunting task

how, for me, in this way it would be possible to make the capture of the entire card really more complicated (both for the player and for AI) than that and would cause more excitement for the players, capture all the cards as an epic achievement

I agree, but overexpansion should have some negative results too, like rebellions in captured cities.

But rebellion isn't in the game yet. I guess, until rebellion will be added, this would just work to prevent snowballing by AI.
other groups must declare war on the aggressor, this will have negative consequences for the dominant faction.
Rebellion can also help with this, I agree.

Factions would have "desired towns/cities" at the beginning of the war, and number could be 2-3 at max. Player will be free to attack as many castles/cities as they please.

AI factions will also try to re-claim their lost lands during that battle, priority would be like;

1) Siege fiefs that has lost since the new war
2) If all previously owned fiefs are intact, go and siege those "war targets" which cannot be more than 2 or 3.
3) If all previously owned fiefs are intact and all war targets are taken, and if you could defend them for "insert number" months, factions will go peace.

No steamrolling, no "all or nothing".
are you trying to Stellaris us?

Problems within the map domination are:

1. AI is too aggressive
2. Garrisons are not enough
3. Everyone can assemble an army quite easily

And most importantly

4. AI lords can't make a comeback once they lost their army, they roam around with hundreds of recruits.
5. Clans tend to leave kingdoms way too early and the side that has the upper hand gets everyone under their banner after a point.

Possible solutions to these:

2. Garrions could have some more men
3. Assembling an army should require much more influence or should be exclusive for marshalls and kings.
4. AI lords could use some help with upgrading their troops, paying troop wages, a battle bonus when fighting against bandits and can find more recruits when they are forming their party.
5. Situation that forces clans to betray their kingdom should be intense and should occur rarely.

Back
Top Bottom