SP - General SUGGESTION LIST

Users who are viewing this thread

1- Steps should be taken to stop snowballing. Wars should be more of a seasonal thing (wars during harvesting season would be avoided), with castles having better defenses/garrisons. Other possible solutions could include attrition, WAR EXHAUSTION desertion after too long campaigns, and similar mechanics to prevent a deathball. The possiblity of hit and run attacks that hurt cohesion, so smaller forces can actually bleed a big force.
Armies (AI included) could actually have food stocks, and succesfull hit and run attacks could destroy some of them.

2 - You should be able to court anyone. The pickings are slim, with most women being ugly as sin or old. Why couldn't I woo that merchant girl or tavern wench? Or that simple farmer girl? And I should be able to marry BEFORE getting my kingdom. After all, if I'm a buisness owner with property, I already have the basics. The wife can wait for me in town.

3 - Units deployed should be prioritized by order in your party list. Not random. Seriously, WTF????

4 - Too many items MP locked. Age and build sliders should be brought back.

5 - You should be able, at least in the dev/cheat mode, to edit the apperance of anyone.

6 - Tournamnets should grant XP, bring back training skill. I don't care if it's nerfed compared to Warband, but chasing down looters to level up troops is NOT engaging. Maybe have it as a camp/rest option that takes time? Or have a cap on it? Or have the abiltiy to train troops in arena and training camps. Costs time and moeny(?) and your troops can get injured.

7 - Why are lords so easily captured? Why do they escape so easily? Retreat should happen more often and the more escape, the greater the chances for a lord to avoid capture.

8 - Lords shouldn't be auto-replaced ad infinitum. There should be a minimum (like 40 lords), but up to that point, it would be random if the lord was replaced (assuming no heirs). So you could thin the ranks a little.

9 - It would be nice if we could send a trade-savy companion to scout the markets for some market info. Talking to every person in a tavern again and again is tedious.

10 - Don't load town when talking to people in them trough the town menu. Utterly unnecessary to have a dozen loading screens. Just have a 2D background and load only the person.

11 - Tying into 1, lords should have more things to do other than wage war. Where are the feasts? Why can't I, as a tournamnet winner, go visit the lord? Shouldn't there only be a tournamnet when the lord is there?

12 - I wouldn't mind women mercenaries (as a troop). Rare, as it should be.

13 - More random events. Things that could happen in bars or in streets. A good reason to explore the towns and villages. Brawls, thieves, public hangings, desease outbreaks, assasinations, fires, accidents, etc..

14 - Javelins/arrows should snap/fall off shields/despawn after a while.

15 - Weren't we supposed to be be able to interact with gang leaders and tavern keepers more?

16 - Encyclopedia lacks important info. Especially on lords and kingdoms. What grievances do they have, what war goals, etc..

17 - Have age affect pregnancy chances. A 50 year old hag should be infertile, while a 20yo peasant girl should be very fertile.

18 - branching/more diverse quests. That means quests may start the same way, but diverse. Example: Find missing daughter quest. Instead the always running away with her lover to a nearby village, maybe she could actually be kidnapped. Maybe they could have been captured by bandits/looters while running. Maybe they fled to a nearby town. Diversify. Make it so that one quests can take you in several different directions.

19 - Add ability to make TRULY custom wanderes/companions. This includes fixed appearances. (DONE!)

20 - Small armed patrols to help with bandits.

21) More clan positions. Like bodyguard. Right now, the first companion you recruit is the one that follows you around. In my case it's the healer, so a bad choice. OR ability for more than 1 person to hold a position. Why can't I have 2 scouts?

22 - Training skill. Only active when camping/in town. You could set up camps and start a train action. Time would pass and your units would get some XP. Since training was OP in Warband, I suggest putting a cap, so you can only train up to level 3 (or diminishing returns the higher the unit level). Troops need ACTUAL combat experience, practice training can only get you so far.

23 - Child rearing. Since children are a thing, how about assigning a clan mentor that would slowly increase your childs skills? Basically mother stats +mentor stats (+ player input) would influence the childs stats.

24 - the number of troops that you can bring on hideout attacks could be influenced by the rougery/tactics skill

25 - add a "desired children" option in the character/clan window. OR change the mechanics so it's more controllable in some way? A "try for child" option when in camp/town/keep when your spouse is present?

26 - animals should consume food. Food in general should be MUCH more important for armies/sieges.

27 - villages should have mills, slaughterhouses and simillar enterprises for producing grain, meat and so on.

28 - towns/castle should have food stockpiles for sieges. Food can be bought at a markup in emergencies when you want to fill up.

29 - tournaments should have unified equipment back. Everyone gets the same armor. They are already easy enough, as is.

30 - you should be able to control the stockpiles of your town/castle and expand them. Divert some money to buy/import more, build new granaries, etc. That way you can prepare for a sige and bad times.

31- connected to the above, you should be able to sneak into enemy towns (or send spies) and sabotage some of their supplies, making them more vulnerable to long sieges.

32 - The entire courtship thing is broken. Either you get a perfect score or you're locked out forever. That is utter bullcrap. Ease up the requirements, give us more chances to impress.

33 - For the love of all that's holy, allow us to talk to a specific lord in an army. Only being able to talk to a party leader is terrible design, and makes getting o lords that are constantly in armies nigh impossible.

34 - Allow us to talk to prisoners. Bring back prisoner rescue quests (also allow us to break them out without a specific quest)

35 - ability to grant lesser noble titles and fiefs to our companions and arrange marriages for them

36 - Individual relations separate from clan. Clans are nice, but the entire clan defecting makes the entire war balance whack. It is also stupid that everyone in the clan just follows along, like they have no agency. Defection should be decided individually for each clan member, depending on their individual relation AND the clan relation.

37 - more sensible war AI. Actual reasoning for war. Actual war goals. If the goal is to re-claim city X, then peace is offered after that is taken. Faction should prefer re-taking their soil over capturing new and should prefer bordering settlements rather than trying to siege a castle on the other end of the world.

38 - Ability to REJECT A fief.

39 - SMITHING. Remove stamina. Make it so that every smithing action advances time by 1 hour. Make parts far easier to unlock.

40 - AI should be able to KNEEL with a shield for better protection from arrows.

41 - either unit upkeep or unit upgrades should be a lot more expensive. The gear cost should be a factor. Perhaps upgrading is equal to 20% of the gear cost or something similar?

42 - Semi-random global events. Something like Rimworlds storyteller basically. It would trigger specific events, like border incidents (would reduce relations between 2 factions, give casus belli), desease, nomad/bandit warlords coming (big bandit army, lots of prestige for defeating it), freak weather, and similar.
Something to add a bit more life and unpredictability.

There's more, but my mind is drawing a blank now.

LeyJo.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Adding:

1:cool: branching/more diverse quests. That means quests may start the same way, but diverse. Example: Find missing daughter quest. Instead the always running away with her lover to a neaby village, maybe she could actually be kidnapped. Maybe they could have been captured by bandits/looters while running. Maybe they fled to a nearby town. Diversify.

19) Add ability to make TRULY custom wanderes/companions. This includes fixed appearances.

20) Small armed patrols to help with bandits.

Why is every one posting these hard a** mechanics to be added in the game......currently all they do(all they can) is making the game even run at the very start.

Why is every one posting these hard a** mechanics to be added in the game......currently all they do(all they can) is making the game even run at the very start.
Because not everyone at taleworlds works on bugfixes. Or do u think the art team fixes crashes ?

Damn, forgot one:

21) More clan positions. Like bodyguard.
Right now, the first companion you recruit is the one that follows you around. In my case it's the healer, so a bad choice.

Updated OP

20 - Small armed patrols to help with bandits.

Yes, thank you for mentioning that. They had Manhunters in Warband, and that greatly helped reduce the bandit population, which right now is quite high. Lords get taken prisoner by bandits on a regular basis, which should rarely happen. Also, you should be able to sell captured bandits to manhunters, *possibly* for a better price than ransom brokers, who only give you 5 apiece for looters. And, of course, if you wanted to play as a bandit, you could manhunt the manhunters.

Not sure if the devs are paying attention to lists like this, sadly. They may not be paying attention in general, of course. I guess they did pay some heed to snowballing.

I figure lords can be replaced immediately, but their stats should decline as a result, making them less effective fighters and administrators as they scrape the bottom of the barrel.

Not sure if the devs are paying attention to lists like this, sadly. They may not be paying attention in general, of course. I guess they did pay some heed to snowballing.

I figure lords can be replaced immediately, but their stats should decline as a result, making them less effective fighters and administrators as they scrape the bottom of the barrel.

I don't think they could currently be working any harder, with the one patch per day (including saturday) since launch, but i'm sure once the heat has settled and the critical issues are fixed they will pay attention to this kind of thing :smile:

I personally would like some unique quests. Not repeatable stuff, but event-tied, unique and heavily written stuff. A unique treasure hunt. A gold rush. A beast to hunt. Some pirate lord invading a coastline. A global plague. A slave uprising (creating a new faction). That kind of stuff.

I'm torn between my sympathy for Devs going through crunch, and my annoyance that they're going through these difficulties due to poor testing and not listening to beta testers.

It is a fair point that they might be at capacity, as far as work-load.

To be fair, at the time when they were publishing dev journals there were many people saying "just publish the game, even if not finished, we want to play it".
That's what they did. And considering the consistency of their work since launch, i have no doubt that this will be a "Good EA"(the kind of EA that resultats in a good game, and not a half-baked game left to rot.

22 - feasts were a great way to get quests, meet and improve relations with lords and ladies (many in one place, don't have to hunt them down or bribe guards), but one thing that could be improved would be the conversations. A simple list of topics you can discuss, with different topics being liked or disliked depending on the personality of the lord or lady. Rumors and talking to people to find out more about lords and ladies would be of more use (topics auto-marked if you already found out more about the NPC personality?).

And things could actually happen at feasts. Alliances could be made, people could be poisonned or killed in a duel, marriages could be arranged.

The main priority should be fixing snowballing issue. I just can get enough fun from 100 hrs campaign.

Completely agree with your post.
Also all the idea on the OP would add a lot of depth in some part of the game. Mainly to make various event, wich is pretty basic at the moment.
Thank you @TrashMan.

Back
Top Bottom