SP - General Special Tournaments - Knight Joust and more

Users who are viewing this thread

To add variety and get some cool new features, some kind of special tournaments could be added. I've been thinking that it would be very cool to have jousting, two armored knights with a couch lance in a one attack - kill or be killed (or maybe dismounted and finish the duel on foot).

I feel this kind of tournament appropriate for some kingdoms like Vlandia and the Empire.

It would be great to have specific event types (in addition to standard tournaments) linked to the type of culture.

I'm missing also some kind of shooting range contest, it could be popular in Vlandia and Khuzait with long bows and recurve bows (maybe mounted), maybe Sturgia could have a throwing axe contest, Batania a bare handed brawl, you know, add some spice with not so much work.

Tournaments are great but now you have the same offering everywhere. This Special tournaments could be less frequent but with better rewards (two items, loads of beer, money, extra renown)

Maybe it is a good idea to add a renown requirement or some kind of sponsorship based in the relations you have acheived with the local landlords or important characters. For example to be able to enter a knight joust you need to be friend of an important character in the kingdom/town/village you select your sponsoring character and the outcome of the tournament could have an effect in the relations with that character, if you are eliminated in an early round your relation could suffer but if you win it could bump it.

Back
Top Bottom