how do i complete the train troops quest?

Users who are viewing this thread

i reached the time limmet on the train troops quest but there doesn't seem to be a way to give the troops back the the vilager. i didn't manage to train all of them, and some died, but when he gave the quest he said that didn't matter that much. how do i turn the troops back in? or is this a bug?
here is a video of the last day of the quest.

This quest was a pain in the ass. I had to manualy place given troops into separate category, lower damage done to my troops in option and fight A LOT af looters with only given troops, constantly reloading if one of them died.
In the end there was a popup on my screen asking if I want to return troops to the village, I agreed and the quest was finished. Never going to do this quest again.

i reached the time limmet on the train troops quest but there doesn't seem to be a way to give the troops back the the vilager. i didn't manage to train all of them, and some died, but when he gave the quest he said that didn't matter that much. how do i turn the troops back in? or is this a bug?

I never managed to complete this quest either. I wish there was a Training Perk or something like that.

I had to manualy place given troops into separate category
Wait, what? How did you do that?

I think the quest is bugged because this is the easiest 1000 denars I can make. If one of your borrowed troops upgrades, even one, just disband the rest and it'll prompt you to send the trained guy back. You get the denars for even one guy.

Look into the "Leadership" perks buckaroo
Thanks, I'll look into it. I'm still very not used to the Perk system. I guess I'm expecting too much "Warband" stuff instead of exploring the new Bannerlord things.

Little icon in party menu to the right of troop model preview.
Placed them into category 5 that no other troops are using and in battle with bandits 5-F6, after that they rush the opponent and my other troops are standing still.
WoW thank you so much, I've been searching for this feature for ages and never found it!

I completed the quest with 6/10 still alive. I think how ever many you have left alive, they all have to level up. Once they do, you'll get a pop-up saying it's successful. I had 7/10 and the one that hadn't leveled up yet got killed so that finished it. Just attack small groups of bandits and send in only the borrowed troops.

Never done it, failed some times, kinda a hard quest and lazy one because if one dies it fails.

I think the quest is bugged because this is the easiest 1000 denars I can make. If one of your borrowed troops upgrades, even one, just disband the rest and it'll prompt you to send the trained guy back. You get the denars for even one guy.
Easiest 1650 denars you can make to me I think is “save the kidnap daughter for villages” kill or do whatever persuasion, just make sure she goes back

I found that I managed to level 8/10 by just Autoresolving battles.

Your units seem to get more XP when you use Autoresolve, than they would if you fight it on foot. Probably because the Calculation averages out everyone doing something, instead of you just killing everything/Archers/Elites.

I had a party of roughly 20 T3 units + Trainees for the quest. Autoresolve leveled them much faster than the couple rounds where I went in manually.

I found that I managed to level 8/10 by just Autoresolving battles.

Your units seem to get more XP when you use Autoresolve, than they would if you fight it on foot. Probably because the Calculation averages out everyone doing something, instead of you just killing everything/Archers/Elites.

I had a party of roughly 20 T3 units + Trainees for the quest. Autoresolve leveled them much faster than the couple rounds where I went in manually.
This!! An effective method, the "Send Troops" is a good way to level them up, just join the fight when you're fighting a lord or taking a castle/town. Best of lucks!

THANK YOU, this was p***ing me the heck off but this works!!!

In order to solve this quest, you only need at least 6 trained troops. once you hit 6, kick the others out the party. As soon as you that, you should get a prompt that asks you if you want to send the trained troops back, just say yes. The easiest way to train those troops is autoresolve, or if you like fighting your battles, assign these troops to a specific number (Party page key P, the roman number next to the troop, default 1) and send them on alone to fight looters while you loiter in the back, if there are a bit too many send some else to assist.

Should you fail this quest, don't toss the trained troop away, because you can keep them for another quest of the same kind in another village.

Training troops in this game is awful. They level up so slowly even if you feed them looters to level up on. The perk that is suppose to help doesn't do squat.

In warband there was "party XP" awarded at the end of every battle. Bannerlord doesn't have this and it make leveling troops even slower.

In order to solve this quest, you only need at least 6 trained troops. once you hit 6, kick the others out the party. As soon as you that, you should get a prompt that asks you if you want to send the trained troops back, just say yes. The easiest way to train those troops is autoresolve, or if you like fighting your battles, assign these troops to a specific number (Party page key P, the roman number next to the troop, default 1) and send them on alone to fight looters while you loiter in the back, if there are a bit too many send some else to assist.

Should you fail this quest, don't toss the trained troop away, because you can keep them for another quest of the same kind in another village.

Wrong. MAybe it should be 6 to train, but you just need one. Kick the remaining 9 non leveled troops out.

This quest is damn easy and fun, and gives great rewards in leadership, tactics, charm, relations and money.
What I do, is simply put the Borrowed Troops in their own group, Skirmishers for me, find suitable prey, and engage.

Then, depending on the enemy and your own set-up, I want either some units to distract or try to tank the engaging enemy, or simply lead a slow charge with the Borrowed Troops, where I engage just before them, focusing on absorbing hits with my shield, shield bashing enemy units, and hit them when needed.

I almost never lose any of the Borrowed Troops, and I turn in between 8-10 trained troops back to the village usually. Don't upgrade them one by one, save them until they are all ready or close to. Once everyone, or everyone remaining, is upgraded, you will be able to send them back to the village with a simple click from the pop up message you will receive, and then the quest is done. You can do this from across the world.

If you have 8 troops ready to upgrade and one wounded, you can just take away one Borrowed Troop from your company, then upgrade the rest and finish the quest. I have never had any issues at all besides the first time because I did not know how it worked really.

This quest is damn good and fun and you can easily combine it doing other quests at the same time.
All my settings are on realistic. I have my starter robe and a turban, so I'm not tanky or anything. Just a poor merchant riding around having fun.

Back
Top Bottom