Bannerlord SP First Reactions: Megathread

Users who are viewing this thread

Ahah.. unacceptable ><. Ahaha, you think they ow you the kind of graphics big AAA studios delivers every year with the same copy-pasted empty games ? Naahh. Graphics are fine my dude, in fact the game looks beautiful. Go play the last AAA game if you play for last generation computer bleeding graphics. Enjoy your 8hours games charged for 80$ that you'll play once in your life cause you're a casual.

And it's far more advanced than a beta dude.. you don't know what you're talking about. STFU, you're just salty cause you're mad and broken as **** and a miserable piece of ****.

Game is running, there is seasons in the game (IF YOU DID NOT NOTICE THE ****ING SNOW).
"The level of incompetence is beyond imagine " So we'll give you money , a hundred people (with the same amount of knowledge and skills they have) to manage and multiple teams to build, and let's see what you can manage to do in 8 years dude. I can't wait to piss on your work because i found bugs in your Early Access Open Beta release for the first BIG game of your studio (yes, cause they made the other ones with a handful of people).

"it's barely playable" Dude, i got 37H of game right now, both Single and multiplayer, and it's ****ing playable. Sure they were some crashes, but now i can play without any, and i'm on a ****ing laptop ( i7-7700 2.80GHz ; 16G RAM ; GTX 1070). So now please. Let's be realistic. If i can manage to play on a computer like this, it's not the fault of the game if you can't on your communist potato.

Sure the game has some big issues, like the Snowball thing etc. But there is some things that will come later, like the amount of weapons and armours (i think someone stated that there is an issue that some of the gear is locked behind multiplayer or some **** like that).

You are such a fanboy. Since when a game which has every piece of content bugged or broken is not a beta? What are you talking about?
"Game is running" What a retarded argue! And how are the seasons working? One battle in snow, one in summer and on the map is all green. Except in nord where you can get maps with summer. Don't you see, the game is not even logic?
Are you close your eyes and pretend it's awesome like a fanboy that you are!? The game is awesome STFU! the game is awesome!!

Hilarious! Yes I've god also 46h in game according steam. More than you it seems! And I encountered so many bugs that I can't even count.
Defense Sieges are unplayable and I have to skip them. I like the battles, but even those are stupid because the AI is super retarded. The enemy are staying in circle sometimes and do nothing for example. The companions are also retarded. I put them to kill 10 looters and they can barely hit them with the best gear possible and skills. It's painful to watch them.

It doesn't matter what PC you have. I have same specs as you in PC format, you brat! On Siege defense I have to switch on very low. Also on Snow battles.
Optimization 0. But that's ok for a Beta! The problem was I had low fps on very low specs, which is not a problem of PC here!
On one of the siege the game crashed all the time after the low fps. Maybe it's map related.

It improved only on superficial stuff.

The GAME is a huge leap backwards. I mean it literally doesn't function.

The economy doesn't work correctly.
One empire generally conquers the map within 2-5 years.
Blocking is a mess. indicator attack direction.
Terrible, horrible, grindy skill system that just freakin SUCKS compared to other M&B titles.
Companions can't be leveled or customized at all outside of the crappy gear options.
Boring pointless story quest to even try and form a kingdom.
Melee from horseback just feels like swinging at ghosts.
No auto couching lances. Just why?
Sieges are just a 5fps go afk til it's over simulator.
Archer troops just straight out refuse to use their bows/xbows on anything further than spitting distance.
Nonsense health system that makes it next to impossible to do realistic damage to unarmored foes. Nothing like looters with 2 arrows sticking in their head running straight at you.
Ect.
Ect.
Ect.

it aint done yet

Yeah, the game definitely needs some fixes and improvements, specially on the diplomacy systems. Also, being a king/having your own kingdom is quite useless as, even though I'm the king, my faction/kingdom still declares war automaticly against the other factions, it's not up to me to declare war NOR declare peace, the option is literally greyed out and I can't do s* about it. Also, the only way to bring clans/vassals into your kingdom is by persuading them into accepting you as their liege. My kingdom only has my clan in it, I can't appoint my companions as vassals, I can't grant them fiefs, and without vassals and fiefs being controlled by the AI, my kingdom is literally swallowed by looters and sea raiders, because you're the only one patrolling. So yeah, diplomacy, the kingdom, marriage and dynasty is a bit broken right now. Let's just hope Taleworlds do something about it or someone turns it into a mod or something.

Also, does anyone else married a baby machine? 'Cause I've been improving my towns and castles, and my wife is already on my 5th child. What's the probability/fertility chance of getting your wife pregnant? And can it be reduced or simply make it into a dialog like in Warband was? "Here wife, let's have some babies" and then boom, 9 months later, a baby. Be your choice if you want to produce an heir or not, 'cause my children is already roaming around the map, and they're 8 years old and 5. My oldest son actually got imprisoned by the Khuzaits IN THE ASERAI KINGDOM, that bugged my mind a lot. So I took over the castle that he was being held on, took him into my party after seizing it, took him back over to my kingdom, which is literally the Sturgia kingdom, left him with his mother, went to the Khuzait kingdom and engaged a lord of that faction and bargained a peace treaty, I've been doing this a lot lately, since I can't control the declaration of war/peace in my own kingdom, even being the ****ing king.

Blahblaaahhblaaahhhh you're such a fanboy

I'm not that much of a fanboy no. The game works, there is some incoherence for sure, some things that needs tweaking and balancing and some huge bug fixing to do.

Still it's the point of a "Beta", of an Early Access, i'm surprised you're surprised there is a **** ton of bugs (for some people, because i only crashed in multiplayer before day 1 patch.. so sorry for you).

If you can't handle the fact than this Early Access if for bug reports too, i can't help you. Just next time you see a game on Beta or EARLY ACCESS, just don't buy it and stop the *****ing, go play some Call of Duty or Battlefield or Fifa ****, it sounds like your type of games anyway. Get the **** out of here you pleb.
Your raging isn't helping anything, especially when half of the **** you say is wrong (Just the HALF, the other half is real and we all experience it, especially the Siege wich has something to do whith opponent AI or Gate//Ram thing).. Low specs doesn't change a thing about it, it's Memory leak of some sort.

Stop *****ing, be chill. Report bugs, it's be fine, yo mama's nearby.

After playing Warband for so much time, looking at Bannerlord you can see that except graphical and music detail, everything is not complete. Everything. Game performance sucks and I have a pretty high end PC, can't enjoy large battles, the quests get repetitive, NPCs don't care if you are the lord of anything, they will speak to you as if you are starting out, Balance issues, party speed being so weird it's frustrating to chase down some mere bandits across a third of the map, and the list goes on and on and on.

You people say "wait one month". I'd say wait the entire Early Access. I think I'll wait for that long if it means I will play Bannerlord excitedly and then exit the game happy instead of depressed like I am doing now, because it's... underwhelming. It's not even much of an improved warband. It feels like a graphic lift up + a few features and the rest is.... not there.
8 years !! This is incredible !
Ahah.. unacceptable ><. Ahaha, you think they ow you the kind of graphics big AAA studios delivers every year with the same copy-pasted empty games ? Naahh. Graphics are fine my dude, in fact the game looks beautiful. Go play the last AAA game if you play for last generation computer bleeding graphics. Enjoy your 8hours games charged for 80$ that you'll play once in your life cause you're a casual.

And it's far more advanced than a beta dude.. you don't know what you're talking about. STFU, you're just salty cause you're mad and broken as **** and a miserable piece of ****.

Game is running, there is seasons in the game (IF YOU DID NOT NOTICE THE ****ING SNOW).
"The level of incompetence is beyond imagine " So we'll give you money , a hundred people (with the same amount of knowledge and skills they have) to manage and multiple teams to build, and let's see what you can manage to do in 8 years dude. I can't wait to piss on your work because i found bugs in your Early Access Open Beta release for the first BIG game of your studio (yes, cause they made the other ones with a handful of people).

"it's barely playable" Dude, i got 37H of game right now, both Single and multiplayer, and it's ****ing playable. Sure they were some crashes, but now i can play without any, and i'm on a ****ing laptop ( i7-7700 2.80GHz ; 16G RAM ; GTX 1070). So now please. Let's be realistic. If i can manage to play on a computer like this, it's not the fault of the game if you can't on your communist potato.

Sure the game has some big issues, like the Snowball thing etc. But there is some things that will come later, like the amount of weapons and armours (i think someone stated that there is an issue that some of the gear is locked behind multiplayer or some **** like that).

''So we'll give you money , a hundred people (with the same amount of knowledge and skills they have) to manage and multiple teams to build, and let's see what you can manage to do in 8 years dude.''

DUDE, this is exactly the problem, this studio just has no talented employees or the managing staff doesn't know how to use them.
DUDE, as a paying customer AND dedicated fans, we were simply expecting alot,, lot more.
DUDE I am sorry if you are a TW employee, I'm sure you worked hard and hearing some of the negative responses can be heartbreaking but...DUDE, there is no way one can justify the 8 years and the price tag on the game. Sorry. How long are we expect to wait for the game to be final ? Another 8 years ? By the look of it, it's not even that far fetched right now. I just hope TW proves me wrong.

Also, does anyone else married a baby machine? 'Cause I've been improving my towns and castles, and my wife is already on my 5th child. What's the probability/fertility chance of getting your wife pregnant? And can it be reduced or simply make it into a dialog like in Warband was? "Here wife, let's have some babies" and then boom, 9 months later, a baby. Be your choice if you want to produce an heir or not, 'cause my children is already roaming around the map, and they're 8 years old and 5. My oldest son actually got imprisoned by the Khuzaits IN THE ASERAI KINGDOM, that bugged my mind a lot. So I took over the castle that he was being held on, took him into my party after seizing it, took him back over to my kingdom, which is literally the Sturgia kingdom, left him with his mother, went to the Khuzait kingdom and engaged a lord of that faction and bargained a peace treaty, I've been doing this a lot lately, since I can't control the declaration of war/peace in my own kingdom, even being the ****ing king.

This actually sounds like it's working perfectly.

Remember, it's not a bug, it's a feature.

How did you even get that much accomplished before snowballing happened!? I finally got 5 caravans and 3 workshops and by the time I lifted my head up I noticed that the entire world was dominated by.... the red dudes.

8 years !! This is incredible !

''So we'll give you money , a hundred people (with the same amount of knowledge and skills they have) to manage and multiple teams to build, and let's see what you can manage to do in 8 years dude.''

DUDE, this is exactly the problem, this studio just has no talented employees or the managing staff doesn't know how to use them.
DUDE, as a paying customer AND dedicated fans, we were simply expecting alot,, lot more.
DUDE I am sorry if you are a TW employee

DUDE, this is somewhat a problem, but let them time, they are artist and artisans, they need to learn to do some things about making a game, and even that, it's hard to make complex ones wich involves tons of data and ****. i know that for a fact, i worked on some killed in the egg projects for yeears sometimes just to see them kileld cause they did not work or had some bugs, and with a veteran team as that. So yes, game is buggy, but it's an early Access.

DUDE, you paid for an early access game, so you did know what to expect. Dedicated or not, we have a good game. We wanted a Warband 2.0 we got it with some additional features and a good makeover, remade mechanics and graphics. everything we wanted, with some downgrades here and there that are problematic for me (like the multiplayer classes ****..).

DUDE, i'm not a TW employee but i work in the same industry, and i find the game pretty stable now, pretty enjoyable (until snowballing comes in) and they do not have to be ASHAMED one bit about the work they did. Like not a bit. They did a good work so far. They just need to improve on that, with our help.

Be reflective, be realistic, and stop whining and crying about "uhh 8 years for this" when you don't know what it takes to make something like this, especially when you know with how many devs TW began with. Be indugent and smart for once in this ****ing gaming community..

AAA standards are not everybody standards and capabilities.

DUDE, this is somewhat a problem, but let them time, they are artist and artisans, they need to learn to do some things about making a game, and even that, it's hard to make complex ones wich involves tons of data and ****. i know that for a fact, i worked on some killed in the egg projects for yeears sometimes just to see them kileld cause they did not work or had some bugs, and with a veteran team as that. So yes, game is buggy, but it's an early Access.

DUDE, you paid for an early access game, so you did know what to expect. Dedicated or not, we have a good game. We wanted a Warband 2.0 we got it with some additional features and a good makeover, remade mechanics and graphics. everything we wanted, with some downgrades here and there that are problematic for me (like the multiplayer classes ****..).

DUDE, i'm not a TW employee but i work in the same industry, and i find the game pretty stable now, pretty enjoyable (until snowballing comes in) and they do not have to be ASHAMED one bit about the work they did. Like not a bit. They did a good work so far. They just need to improve on that, with our help.

Be reflective, be realistic, and stop whining and crying about "uhh 8 years for this" when you don't know what it takes to make something like this, especially when you know with how many devs TW began with. Be indugent and smart for once in this ****ing gaming community..

AAA standards are not everybody standards and capabilities.
whenaretheyaddingfeasts?

This actually sounds like it's working perfectly.

Remember, it's not a bug, it's a feature.

How did you even get that much accomplished before snowballing happened!? I finally got 5 caravans and 3 workshops and by the time I lifted my head up I noticed that the entire world was dominated by.... the red dudes.

I helped Sturgia literally swallow the 3 empires before they conquered us, I fought them. But then, after we actually made peace with what remained of the Northern and Southern Empire, the Sturgians waged war against Battania, so we took them over aswell. And then, they waged war on the Vlandians, that's when I drawed the line and left the kingdom to create my own, since my father-in-law was the actual king of Vlandia, so I didn't wanna battle them. So, as soon as I left Sturgia, they waged war on my clan, of course, and then I took their homes, Revyl, Varcheg, Balgard, Varnovapol, Sibir and Tyal. I gave Omor back to them as a peace offer, since the Sturgian king was actually really fond of me and that's where I am right now.

I absolutely love this ! I haven't encountered a single crash, performance is OK (low fps when lots of stuff on the screen but that's probably just my gear that's quite old). I find this a bit grindy compared to Warband but it does not break the game for me. I love the clan thing and that you can send companions to do quests and form caravans.

Melee from horseback just feels like swinging at ghosts.

I can definitely relate to this. In Warband I can reliably hit enemies with a short mace from horseback, here I have found myself trying to hit an enemy that was stuck on a rock after morale failure, and literally swinging several times while standing right next to them. It is a bit better with longer weapons, but I have the feeling that there is something funky going on with the collision detection.

That said, how about y'all chill a little. The game is not perfect, but they are releasing daily patches to try and fix things. What else do you expect them to do? Besides it's not like the original Mount and Blade was exactly a polished game. It had the core ideas and a skeleton of gameplay, but it was no Warband. Let's give them some time to fix things and for crying out loud quit the toxic behavior, it doesn't do anyone any good.

To be clear, I am not saying that criticism shouldn't be given. Just don't be an ass about it.

Im sorry and i dont want to be a negative nancy... but they are not a "limited team". They have at least 90 employees if you check their linked in, and wikipedia shows they had 102 employees at 2016. This is no longer a small team.

I agree the development team is not limited that's why most of us expect great things from them I, however, meant that the team testing the game hence why there is a lack of strategy and a lot of bugs

I understand building a new engine takes a massive effort. But if you look at the gamescom footage from a few years back and look at whats actually improved in key features since then, it is meager. It feels hollow, and tbh it feels like they expect the modders to fill their world.

Also, a LOT of the issues we ran into would have been exposed and long before solved if actual testers would have tested this. It doesnt feel like there has been an alpha test at all, in terms of balancing, pathing of AI, encounters, missing tips/tricks and hints (there is NO hint that you have to press N to see your encyclopedia, nor is there an UI button for it) and other issues.

Again, i am not saying the devs been fishing their nose these past few years, just that for the amount of people they have employed it feels really really bare bones.
once again I agree there is a lack of depth in most features but I think taleworld will introduce them gradually throughout the early access period as promised by them. so it's back to waiting I guess :xf-smile:

Like, i noticed, that everyone who have problems has 8gig ram. I think that, there memory problems with game or minimal requirements have to be larger than 8gig ram.
There are definite memory problems with the game. I have to save and reboot the game every couple of hours because the loading screens can take so long. Sometimes it can take 6-8 second just to open my inventory.

About the idiotic comments about "THIS IS NOT AN AAA GAME"

YES!! But the final price is, riiight? I mean it was already €50 before the launch and got it with €45! Final will be €60 riiight???
I don't even have those expectations! But I expected more, because the level of development is so low right now, I'm thinking these ppl stayed in the office 8 years on facebook and didn't work on the game.

They did so much hype about the sieges, being the main feature of Bannerlord! What do they launch!? Nothing! They don't even work! There is no path finding nor any scripting or AI for the NPCs where to go etc.

I had a siege defense with 3 other parties and I was with the command of the archers! I hit the "charge" order and what do they do???
Instead going up the walls on the shooting positions and shoot the enemy, they walk into the wall!
There is no AI! The NPC walk forward not knowing they are in a castle in the first place!
I mean, there is no AI actually. It's not that it's bugged or broken!! It's not there!!!

The mounted NPC's were going riding on the horse up the walls trying to charge the enemy! They didn't even make a script for them to unmount!!!!?!!!!!!!!!!!?!?!?!?!?!
SCRIP. UNMOUNT WHEN IN CASTLE.

After 8 freakin' years they just modeled the castels and that's it! There is no mechanic to discuss beforehand!
When do I expect them to fix something that is not even implemented in the first place? The basic mechanic of the game that makes the game functioning!!!!!
This is beyond ridiculous!

If I do this **** in any office ever I'm getting fired the next day! They are lucky with the fans and the community that hold them up, we payed their wages, fat lazy bastards who sat in the office 8 years and did almost nothing!

In 8 years one guy could do it alone!! There are ppl out there who actually created alone better stuff than this. Look on youtube!

And one mention! This is not quite a new game! They used everything from the Warband, new animations and models/textures and boom a new game! The new features (bannelord features presented in the trailers) are not there!
I mean this is a Warband overhaul that it has to become Bannerlord sometimes in the future.

Last edited:
Like, i noticed, that everyone who have problems has 8gig ram. I think that, there memory problems with game or minimal requirements have to be larger than 8gig ram.

I have 16Gb fast ones and I had the same problem. The game becomes sluggish after a while. Also moved it on SSD, because on HDD, jesus!!! I can't even talk about it.
I have other games on HDD like The Witcher 4, DOOM Ethernal, and they load faster and are smoother!! ?
And on snow weather I have low fps on RTX 2060. AND that happens also when there are small battles, not the 300vs300 ones.
These graphics from 10 years ago! ? Surely they have some experts in there they will fix this in few days with a patch! ? €50. This.

This is the game for me - and it does not need to be ready now. But I'm looking forward to when it is, and I'll be cheering for you all the way there

With love.

This is the game for me - and it does not need to be ready now. But I'm looking forward to when it is, and I'll be cheering for you all the way there

With love.

Nah, don't get me wrong! I play the hell out of it. 46hours by now. Probably after 40 hours you see a lot of bad stuff that's why I'm more harsh with the criticism.
I like the battles etc. But I hope it can be fixed, at least the things that need to be fixed.

But the sieges have to be reworked and the AI scripted from scratch. They have to think what happens step by step and make it. That will be a lot of work!!!

Other stuff like game balance and bug fixes are not so hard!
What i hope Now is that they get our money, and hire more ppl or whatever they can do to make it happen. It's a matter of management here and we can't give input here on forum about that.
But what we can do is report bugs and make lists about issues and requests. There is a flood of them right now.

I have 45 hours on this game since release, and quite a bit of time before that in the beta. The multiplayer is mostly mediocre, love the captain battles a lot tough. The singleplayer is a whole other beast. I spend about 5 hours every save to just build up enough income to be able to earn money through caravans and workshops, and when i finally reach a stage where i am comfortable with my income i just find that i have nothing to spend it on. I mean, once you have an armor set and weapons worth a million denars you know you have reached end game in that aspect. So, more money drains please. As for skills, i wish they were all more like stewardship, if you want to level it, then it takes a lot of time to do. However, it doesn't feel entirely slow either. Increasing the trading skill is dull, mostly because you need to increase the trading skill to increase the trading skill. Until you reach the caravans that gathers rumors for you, you are unlikely to make any real efforts to leveling the skill in a legit way. You can cheese it when you have so much money you don't know what to do with it, i will make a post about it.

As for sieges, god the ai is bad for the attacker at least. The defender seem almost capable when compared with the attacker ai. I had an entire army of fully upgraded units of various sorts. Half ranged and half melee. Went up against a force 20% smaller with all militia archers and spearmen, i got my ass handed to me, they murdered my elite shock troops like a line of high tier archers against looters. If i'd had proper control over the army, that whole debacle wouldn't have happened, but my troops slowly trickled over the walls in barely enough numbers to present any threat to the militia there, then the gate was knocked down as my army was almost all depleted after fighting on the walls for god knows how long, also, my units in the center, instead of waiting for the gate to get knocked down, instead they reinforced the almost destroyed remnants of the flanking forces, like wtf is the point of a ram if there is noone there to use it. Hell, if i had my choice, i'd just use the ram and nothing else, that would make for better results than that whole debacle. Of course you can just auto resolve and win with a huge margin.

As for regular battles, they are great with melee and cav, absolutely love them, but the archers, god... They are so overpowered IF they actually do anything, most of the time i have to use them as regular infantry because they don't understand that when the enemies arrive they are supposed to shoot them. Lost my largest battle that way. Half my army was ranged and the other half was melee, 200 men against 1000 (it feels like, but probably closer to 600). I murdered 2/3 waves of enemies, but unfortunately during that whole battle, my archers were unfortunately only able to use melee, so despite being outnumbered, all i could do was order a charge so the enemy archers didn't murder my line, and i had more and better archers than any of them, especially when they regrouped their lines, basically turning their back towards my army. I could've probably murdered a hundred or more men in their little retreat before the last wave which barely overwhelmed my men.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom