So many ways to lose relationship with lords, yet so few ways to gain

Users who are viewing this thread

lockefeer

Sergeant at Arms
I save a lord's army, I don't get any relationship, I defend another lord's fielf, no relationship gain. I convince an enemy to defect to our kingdom, our vassals hate me more. Marry a lady, relationship resets to 0. Currently I couldn't even find a way to increase relationships with your spouse. There are thousand unnecessary ways to lose relationships but so few options to gain some. Devs should tweak this in my opinion. Its really simple even. Warband was better in this aspect.

agreed, you should even get better relations over time, since many lords betray king and change faction, but I am a loyal lord and stay by his side for years, and he doesnt even give a damn.

agreed, you should even get better relations over time, since many lords betray king and change faction, but I am a loyal lord and stay by his side for years, and he doesnt even give a damn.
It’s so weird. I have -46 relationship with my king’s clan and I have no idea why. Didn’t do shady ****, didn’t murder any noble, voted for him mostly.. doesn’t make sense.

It’s so weird. I have -46 relationship with my king’s clan and I have no idea why. Didn’t do shady ****, didn’t murder any noble, voted for him mostly.. doesn’t make sense.
İ agree.they have to add infarmative screen in game so we can look why relationships bad like and whats going on the game. also with this screen we can see under siages cities and important things.

Every battle you fight alongside other lords you should gain at least 1 relation. At the current rate of gold gain, gifting 20k gold or the equivalent should equal 1 relation gain. Spending 50 influence should result in 3-5 relation gain. You should gain some relation with lords who hate/are enemies of a lord you killed. Currently most players will end up with a few friends and like 20 enemies. Should be closer to 50/50.

I say lord and not clan because I feel not every member of the same clan should have the same relation with you.

Last edited:
Agreed. Things that are particularly aggravating:

1. Losing relation for abstaining on votes. Seriously? That feels like a trap when you're forced to do it. Basically, the other leaders all hate you for your lack of influence and think you're a jerk because of it.

2. Being unable to influence your spouse. I went to -1 upon marrying her, and consequently have no ability to raise it whatsoever -- she refuses to even play board games. Ouch.

FsoKh7r

Save a lord from total annihilation, still 0 relationship. This should give 5-10 at least!

+ 1 for this entire thread

as of now tho, there doesn't seem much to do with high relation anyway... as very few interactions and diplomatic features have been implemented yet imo

Agreed, in warband sieges were an exceptional way of gaining reputation, especially when you talked to everyone on the feast after a successful siege, it had a certain roleplay feeling to it. But here the only reliable way are not imprisoning lords and doing their quests as far as I know.

Same happened to me. I think some of the relationship changes happen in the background.

For examplee you get notified of the negative/positive changes when you bring a change of policy to the court, but if someone else and you just support/oppose it. you get no notifications but I'm pretty sure they're still happening.

Same with supporting lords for fiefs. You don't get the notificiation that such and such a clan is glad you supported their guy, but I'm pretty sure they happen.

Not entirely unhappy with that. When you have a big policy brought to the table in a large empire you can get 30+ of those stupid dings.

There should be a message log that collates all of the changes from a single action in a single list that yu can just read if you care.

Agreed, in warband sieges were an exceptional way of gaining reputation, especially when you talked to everyone on the feast after a successful siege, it had a certain roleplay feeling to it. But here the only reliable way are not imprisoning lords and doing their quests as far as I know.
And they offer so few quests. I don't recall getting one after I was made a vassal. There should be quests for armies etc "Hey come fight with us, bring some sheep/swords/horses/trained men with you.

Didn't there used to be rescue quests too? x lord is captive, go free him etc.

These are not big tasks. The framework is already there, the quests just need to be scripted in

I save a lord's army, I don't get any relationship, I defend another lord's fielf, no relationship gain. I convince an enemy to defect to our kingdom, our vassals hate me more. Marry a lady, relationship resets to 0. Currently I couldn't even find a way to increase relationships with your spouse. There are thousand unnecessary ways to lose relationships but so few options to gain some. Devs should tweak this in my opinion. Its really simple even. Warband was better in this aspect.

Warband was better in almost every aspect.
Still...patience. We waited 8 years. There is hope than in a year or two (if we're lucky) this might actually be worth playing.

It's almost as if development was started and stopped. It shows signs of genius and then falls flat I think we got EA cause they needed cash which is fine if they use it well I've seen worse the combat works and is fun just the campaign is eh.

FsoKh7r

Save a lord from total annihilation, still 0 relationship. This should give 5-10 at least!
I kinda hate Melidir. Married his daughter, founded a kingdom with my sword. Invited him in since I had high relations with him (like 15) for marrying his daughter (which I had 0... lol). Vladians declares war to me: he switched side to them. Hi sieged my home. Took my wife (his daughter) and my children (his grandchildren). Then I build a larger army. Fight him. Take him captive. Killed him. My wife hates me. My children (0,1 and 2 years) hate me. My clan hates me. Seriously? XD

This comment only wants to be funny. Game is gonna change a lot since a lot of content is not yet implemented but you can see the shadow of it. We gonna need to be patient, again.

I kinda hate Melidir. Married his daughter, founded a kingdom with my sword. Invited him in since I had high relations with him (like 15) for marrying his daughter (which I had 0... lol). Vladians declares war to me: he switched side to them. Hi sieged my home. Took my wife (his daughter) and my children (his grandchildren). Then I build a larger army. Fight him. Take him captive. Killed him. My wife hates me. My children (0,1 and 2 years) hate me. My clan hates me. Seriously? XD
Yeah, they should improve the game in that aspect. You shouldn't get -100 relationship with almost everyone for killing someone who deserved it.
Btw, I was Vlandian when I helped Melidir, he was attacked by Southern Empire, which we were at war with too.

Back
Top Bottom