SP - General Cut his ****ing head off!

Users who are viewing this thread

So I haven't purchased this just yet, but reading reviews it seems people are drawing a lot of comparisons to Warband. Mount and Blade has been a lot of fun and I love the war cries after winning a battle, as well as many other aspects of the series. That said, I think there needs to be a couple of MAJOR deviations from the series and for me it comes from a desire to outsmart and also crush my enemies. Maybe this is too challenging or too late to include, or maybe too graphic, but I want the freedom to cut the heads off my enemies, clean off their shoulders, while their body ragdolls immediately after. Not like every person in battle, but damnit, if my character is being dragged around for days after losing a battle, you better believe that as soon as Im free, Im gonna hunt those assholes down and makes some heads roll. Or perhaps some Lord has been punishing a region for far too long and he fails to best me in battle... HEAD CHOPPED!

Im not sure if this is a post battle feature (execution) or mid battle special attack (preferable), but this game is begging for real carnage, which Bannerlord looks to have, judging by the amount of blood. Well done. Want to make gamers heads really roll? Lets us cut some ****ing heads off.

Something else that would make the game all the more dynamic/realistic is the ability to strategically flank/sneak/hide/penetrate past forward enemy troops to find and kill the leader of an opposing force. I realize many of those leaders are vital NPCs with roles to play out, but this is what I would consider in many battles were it possible. This would not be a clear and easy method for winning. In fact if the attempt fails it should be absolutely punishing for your character and troops, but if faction leaders had weaknesses that could be exploited a wise leader could find themselves face to face with said lord and have the chance to... Cut his ****ing head off!

GIVE US THE POWER!

LOL! DUDE! It hurts me physically! There is an "Execute Lord" option if you capture an enemy Lord. If you choose to execute them, it shows a short little cinematic of your character chopping their head off with a giant axe but the cinematic ends RIGHT as the head is about to go flying. WHY!?!

GIVE US DISMEMBERMENT!!

I think in the original m&b (the one before warband) someone had made a mod with chopping off arms and legs and heads. Viking conquest also had some random head pops off all of a sudden functionality.
So I think it is possible and I agree execution should show the head removal, but imo they have other more important features to implement/fix right now.

When modding kit is released maybe you can help build a decapitation mod?

I agree that there are more important things to fix/implement right now but duuuuuuuude i'd love to see a gore mode hahahah just choping and dismembering NPC's everywhere I go ?

I agree, there should be a setting that you can enable with "beheading". It would make the game much more dynamic and interesting and the good part is that for those who will not support this idea they can always disable this setting.

Why stop as just lopping off heads, lets get seriously graphic and have the ability to chop off limbs and disembowel NPC's in combat with your two handed weapons. Just cleave some peon in half like you are The Mountain and watch as the rest of the infantry gets second thoughts.

This is probably a better thing for mods to do. Adding something like that will likely change the ESRB which might limit their customer base.
Ex. Total war warhammer is rated Teen, even with the Blood for the blood god dlc (Noted at the bottom of Steam page "Please note that depending on your country of residence, Blood for the Blood God may raise the age rating of the main game" ). If not a mod, then maybe they make a Gore dlc in the future with the suggestions above, with a bit of dismemberment and things.

Just something the devs can consider when the smoke clears and there is room for another cool feature, because why not? It was in MnB Warband VC dlc.

Thanks for all your comments. I wasn't sure how decapitation would be received and I totally understand the technical ramifications of such a change. Good to see a community that can talk about cutting heads off in a such a grounded manner. I'll make sure future suggestions are more clear, concise and to the point. This game could be really epic and fixing the obvious should def be first.

I was watching a live-stream battle and as the enemy was fleeing they all ran away... into a cliff wall, smushed as a group going nowhere??? at which point the player happily speared them all in their backs. Things like that should def be cleared up before adding any fancy touches for sure. Looking forward to it!

Ex. Total war warhammer is rated Teen, even with the Blood for the blood god dlc (Noted at the bottom of Steam page "Please note that depending on your country of residence, Blood for the Blood God may raise the age rating of the main game" ). If not a mod, then maybe they make a Gore dlc in the future with the suggestions above, with a bit of dismemberment and things.

Just something the devs can consider when the smoke clears and there is room for another cool feature, because why not? It was in MnB Warband VC dlc.
I would definitely love more gore, so if a DLC is a way to get around ratings I'd be all for that. For better or for worse, though, TW doesn't seem like the company to charge a couple extra bucks for a DLC feature like that :lol:

Definitely agree with you all. +1 Although executions and generally player brutality and behavior should provoke a response from the Lords. Executions are great, but at the moment they feel like a simple method to simply rid of someone when in reality executions are actually a great tool for sowing fear and deterring others. Lords seem to completely disregard the fact you've killed most of their family/clan/friends, and it is only expressed through mechanic relation loss, no text or behavioral changes. It should be addressed.
Edit: I have opened a thread on it, you guys are more than welcome to check it out, bring forth your opinions and make more suggestions!
After all, we're all brothers in the war for Caldaria!

So I haven't purchased this just yet, but reading reviews it seems people are drawing a lot of comparisons to Warband. Mount and Blade has been a lot of fun and I love the war cries after winning a battle, as well as many other aspects of the series. That said, I think there needs to be a couple of MAJOR deviations from the series and for me it comes from a desire to outsmart and also crush my enemies. Maybe this is too challenging or too late to include, or maybe too graphic, but I want the freedom to cut the heads off my enemies, clean off their shoulders, while their body ragdolls immediately after. Not like every person in battle, but damnit, if my character is being dragged around for days after losing a battle, you better believe that as soon as Im free, Im gonna hunt those assholes down and makes some heads roll. Or perhaps some Lord has been punishing a region for far too long and he fails to best me in battle... HEAD CHOPPED!
When modding kit is released maybe you can help build a decapitation mod?
Yes please. Cut some ****in heads and limbs off.
*Just track it for now. It causes game crashes when striking the head in Tournaments.
About:
This mod adds the gore aspect of dismemberment and decapitation to Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord. Whenever a player or NPC does fatal cut damage to an enemy's head by swinging left or right, there will be a chance the head will be decapitated.

Download Link:

Video:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom