Map of Calradia 1084 (January 2021)

Users who are viewing this thread

Your great map inspired me to create my own medieval-style version of it. I hope you don't mind, it would not have been possible to make it without all the precious information you gathered. I plan to update it later with more labels.

Calradia2.png
Really beautiful. I hope ingame political map will be based on such mapping style... if, there will be a political map in Bannerlord. I hope there will, or i will look for a mod desperately ?

The name of the village of Geunal Nal (village of Car Banseth city) is actually "Pennit Nal", can be seen in this video at 23:35

Also Mazhadan Castle is actually Magadan Castle

Love it, but I feel like some of the spaces are a bit barren, and could benefit from an extra castle or two. For example, Swadia and Vlandia a similar number of capturable centers (castles and towns), but Vlandia is territorialy almost twice the size of Swadia

Can someone compare it to Warband's Map? I find it really hard to relate this map to the old one, I just see names that were later changed like Sargot to Sargoth and Ocs Hal to Uxhal

Can someone compare it to Warband's Map? I find it really hard to relate this map to the old one, I just see names that were later changed like Sargot to Sargoth and Ocs Hal to Uxhal
Since landscape was changed alot aswell we can consider Warbands geography to no longer be "canon". Same goes for lore since the lore was not only half-baked anyways but also non consistent with what we've seen from Bannerlord so far.

Questions that I've been trying to find answers to:
-What is Baravenos (the former capital of the Empire in the west)? Is this what we know as Pravend? After multiple generations and linguistics changed its name?
-Where is Suno?
-Why is Sargot all the way south?

Questions that I've been trying to find answers to:
-What is Baravenos (the former capital of the Empire in the west)? Is this what we know as Pravend? After multiple generations and linguistics changed its name?
-Where is Suno?
-Why is Sargot all the way south?
this is some of the reasons i am not the biggest fan of the new map some of the decisions they made make zero sense I honestly cant even tell which city was the former capital of the empire i feel like it should be huge but it just looks like every other settlement and sargot being in the south is illogical and the amount of geographical changes like the amount of mountains in what was swadian land is just downright silly in fact the amount of mountains in general looks silly there are waaaaay too many mountains

this is some of the reasons i am not the biggest fan of the new map some of the decisions they made make zero sense I honestly cant even tell which city was the former capital of the empire i feel like it should be huge but it just looks like every other settlement and sargot being in the south is illogical and the amount of geographical changes like the amount of mountains in what was swadian land is just downright silly in fact the amount of mountains in general looks silly there are waaaaay too many mountains

Thank you for your speedy reply. I've been trying to figure out where Suno is, which lead me to find out Baravenos was the ancient Capital, currently the IMperial Palace is Lycaron. Sort of tracing the steps backwards.

In regards to geography, I don't mind the changes, is not really much of an expansion more of a retcon given more resources available to them. However the changes in topography are just...weird. Where are the flat lands beyond Suno where Dhirim thrives?

Still trying to figure out where Baravenos is...or if it is Praven after all.

In regards to geography, I don't mind the changes, is not really much of an expansion more of a retcon given more resources available to them. However the changes in topography are just...weird. Where are the flat lands beyond Suno where Dhirim thrives?
thats fair i understand a lot of people still really like the new map and it is a pretty map just a lot of the retconning feels silly because there are already so many mountainous regions such as the future area of the Rhodoks

Still trying to figure out where Baravenos is...or if it is Praven after all.
No idea to be honest on this one but it wouldnt make sense for it to be praven because why would the empire give up their old capital to a bunch of mercs would just seem too odd to me

thats fair i understand a lot of people still really like the new map and it is a pretty map just a lot of the retconning feels silly because there are already so many mountainous regions such as the future area of the Rhodoks

No idea to be honest on this one but it wouldnt make sense for it to be praven because why would the empire give up their old capital to a bunch of mercs would just seem too odd to me

According to the lore it was a gradual process.By the time the Imperial Capital fell, they weren't mercs, they were citizens of the Empire that were given land due to the fact is was less expensive than giving silver for Merc contracts. After a while the Vladians built houses and towns to prosper in and when the opportunity arose they took the Western Half of the Empire, including the IMperial capital. So the Former Imperial Capital is in the West...but which one is it, I do not know.

Found another psot that made sense.Perhaps the IMperial capital is actually in the South West. In M&B Warband, the Rhodoks are culturally, the ones who are most similar to the Empire besides the city of Suno. Velvet, manufacturing, wine etc.

Your remark reminds me that, for example, Tokyo has not always been the capital of Japan.

Back
Top Bottom