The game so far...

What is your opinion of the game so far?

• It's a great game as it is!

• It's a good foundation, but my main issue is it needs more content.

• It's a good foundation, but my main issues is it needs more balancing.

• It's ok, but I think there have been some design flaws.

• It's ok, but there have been major design flaws.

• I don't think this game is good, and am skeptical about it's future.

• I don't think this game is good, and don't think it ever will be.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Xratter

Recruit
So far, I've played the game for two days. I've gotten my game up to day 80. Really enjoying how the game is shaping up so far, and think it will be better than Warband (400 hours in Warband) by the end of it. The quick hotfixes and turn around on early access has been very promising from the devs, and I wanted to say thank you for your work.

Things I really like: introduction of smithing, upgraded graphics (I know the quality level is a meme at this point, but I like it), noble recruits, purchasing of caravans, mini games (some of them are surprisingly fun), simulated battles, building projects, clans, kingdom policies.

In an effort to make the game better, here are a few of the issues I've seen so far:

1) Missions are not worthwhile. Most missions are tedious and the only reward is a relation gain or drop of +/- 5. Some missions provide a monetary reward (not huge, but it's something). With missions randomly popping up, the +/- 5 does not seem to be too impactful since you might not see another mission with the same person/town for 40 days. I don't mind the missions if the rewards were worthwhile.

2) Workshops... the balance is not good. You guys have made two hotfixes on it, and that it's appreciated that you're trying to work it out. At first they were OP, then they were 'meh' with the 200 cap, but now afterwards, I have not seen a total gain of higher than 70g/day. Right now they seem more like "work" to figure out what's the most profitable, than a fun gameplay element. For something that's meant to be passive income, I enjoyed having a preview of what their profit might be like in Warband.

3) Skills/attributes/perks... I like the perk system you've set up. I understand the mentality of making sure we can't be good at everything. I'm fine with that design choice. Currently though, even the things I have specialized in are still under 100 skill level after 2 days of gameplay. I've traded possibly 150,000+ in goods and I'm sitting at level 70 for my trade skill with 4 focus points and 5 attribute points. While I wouldn't expect to be at 250 skill level, this grind is just a bit too much. I would think skill gains need to be increased by 10-20% on most skills, or new ways of gaining experience for the skills.

4) Steamrolling... Vlandia has half the map by day 80. I know you guys are working on it, but I had to mention it.

5) Smithing stamina... For a game that encourages a person to wander and run all over the map, smithing stamina as it currently is balanced, is counter productive with no way of increasing it. Should the smithing skill not increase your stamina capacity and/or regen?

6) Companions... Do these guys level? I haven't seen a single one level after 20 days with them and about two dozen battles (half simulated, half played).

I think that's enough for now. Are there any major balancing issues that anyone else has noticed?

Thank you devs for all your work.

O its an alpha release with speed of the game increased by 5, countless gamebreaking bugs, not working quests and missing content. making the game getting finished too fast and leaving a feeling of "seen that, done that" after a week after playing it.

My main issue is performance. 30-40 second loading times for town scenes is a bit silly. Playing on GeForce Now systems is still 10-15 seconds worth of loading.

I can just about deal with the stuttering in battles on my system, but again even on a GFN system the game slows to sub-30 FPS on 200v200 battles.

I don't see any reason they can't get town scenes loaded off HDDs in under 10 seconds. Fix that and I'm golden, I'll just wait for the slow crawl of updates. For now I'm having to force myself to play to get my money's worth. (edit, typos)

I have 1,912 hours in Warband (lol) Of course this includes the mods I have played and viking conquest which I have played a lot of. I think Bannerlord will eventually be a better game! Needs more content and balancing.

O its an alpha release with speed of the game increased by 5, countless gamebreaking bugs, not working quests and missing content. making the game getting finished too fast and leaving a feeling of "seen that, done that" after a week after playing it.

I would say it's well beyond an alpha. This is definitely in beta realm. What gamebreaking bugs are you referring to? I've had minor bugs and seen missing content, but nothing that prevented me from continuing to move forward in the game.

I will agree that there is more content that's needing to be added, since it borrows heavily from warband, but you think that it only has a weeks worth of playtime? I think that's being a bit pessimistic. I think it's at least on par with warband right now, and with the altered approaches to combat, economy, tournaments, kingdom building, sieges, and everything else, I see it as having a lot more potential.

I like game, but it's need work, sure add immortal or turn age off, so not to die by age, bug fixed, some need balance, and lot of missing armors and crossbow, ect, quest need more stable, like find 10 lord in main quest, what happen if lord gone and can't get quest done, like because one taken over and destory other kingdom or empire quicker so go on.

.... For now I'm having to force myself to play to get my money's worth. (edit, typos)

You know that games are entertainment and supposed to be fun, right? if you do not like it, don't play it. Maybe come back later or something.

In essence Early access game. Core game loop is there, most features are there, game engine is there, but their balance and implementations feels rushed and unfinished.

Better quests would be nice, however the current ones are already en par with Warband... those quests were crap though, too. M&B was never good with that.

Imo most important part is to get the influence relation system working and balance kinks worked out. After that maybe slow down the war progress for any faction so they have more of a slog and towns don't get captured shortly after you finished the tutorial. I swear half of the western empire was gone pretty early in game.

Overall all the things are there, it is just not as deep or bigger in features. It mainly evolved on the old ones and they obviously struggled through the engine, I guess particularly the dynamic world.

I was thinking the game would have at least Warband features and gameplay ! The base is good but game unfinished ! We will have to wait few more years to see Bannerlord become what it should be ! Please TW hire 200 more devs !!!

It seems the game will be somewhat playable if they manage to fix the snowballing issue. The game feels like Warband to me, but as I said, snowballing issue cripples the M&B experience.

It's seems I am the only one that cares about the combat in the 3D world as I don't see people mentioning it, I think it's good but it has a long way to go. The combat system is as shallow as it was in Warband and in a game that launches in current year that is not acceptable, the loading screens are an annoyance that they should find a way to remove or at least reduce and the world should be more diagetic, I should be able to interact a little bit with the scenery and for Gods sake add a stamina and walk, run sprint mechanics.

It's seems I am the only one that cares about the combat in the 3D world as I don't see people mentioning it, I think it's good but it has a long way to go. The combat system is as shallow as it was in Warband and in a game that launches in current year that is not acceptable, the loading screens are an annoyance that they should find a way to remove or at least reduce and the world should be more diagetic, I should be able to interact a little bit with the scenery and for Gods sake add a stamina and walk, run sprint mechanics.

You can walk in game. Stamina is being debated on forum at the moment. Personally, if it's going to be optional, I'll be happy to see the stamina and wound system from Viking Conquest.

one fraction becoming too strong and conquering the whole map and ending the game.

Ok, yes the steamrolling. I'm not sure whether that is a bug or just a design flaw, but either way it's semantics picking between the two. It's definitely the biggest issue they need to fix.

You know that games are entertainment and supposed to be fun, right? if you do not like it, don't play it. Maybe come back later or something.

I don't think that's fair for you to say. I made it very clear that, aside from the excessive loading times, I would happily play the game as it is:

"I don't see any reason they can't get town scenes loaded off HDDs in under 10 seconds. Fix that and I'm golden, I'll just wait for the slow crawl of updates."

I don't think that's fair for you to say. I made it very clear that, aside from the excessive loading times, I would happily play the game as it is:

"I don't see any reason they can't get town scenes loaded off HDDs in under 10 seconds. Fix that and I'm golden, I'll just wait for the slow crawl of updates."

I do not quite see where fairness comes in because I neither wanted to blame you for anything or call you out. I wanted to suggest to you to chill. Games are the most frivolous thing in the world and one should not get worked up over something like that. E.g. there is currently a world wide pandemic outside and if that is too close to home there are millions of people who do not have the leisure of time or money to play games. I mainly suggest not to force yourself to do something for "fun" when it is no fun for you.

Back
Top Bottom