Becoming the King/Emperor of a faction

Users who are viewing this thread

Hello all,

So, I joined the nothern empire and plan to become the Emperor of it. And, NO! I don't want create my own kingdom, at least not now, to see how this feautures works. Does anyone knows how to become the new Emperor? Lucon is already 68 and hope he will die soon, I'm married to his daughter and got him grandkids, his son is still single. So, how can i replce him as Emperor after he dies or before he dies?

Let me see.

Archers wont shoot further than 25-30 meters
Sieges dont work
AI wont replenish soldiers after 10 hours ingame due to no money
AI don't replenish food
Your army wages don't get paid even though u have enough money to pay the whole army for the next year
workshop dont work as intended
economy doesnt work as intended
during sieges armies just start hitting random walls and doors,, some enemies can teleport themselves through walls
voting isn't working as intended
giving fiefs don't work
instant defections of AI lords
Kings declare wars with everybody even while losing current wars very hard
Simple quest don't work or are impossible to finish
Leveling doesn't work
Companion levels and quest dont work
peace making dont work

I can go on for ages...

You really think becoming an emperor of a current faction will work?

I don't know... all problems stated above, it's really happening? cause during my campaign i didn't face a lot of issues.... of course, i face it instability on game from time to time, but anything else seens to be fine... At least my previous save ( that got corrupted) before this new patch, which i started a new game

I’ve heard of people doing this so I don’t think it’s impossible, it’s just that I’m not sure how one would go about it. It seems to entail executing the current leader but to do that you’d need to be at war with the faction which would logically mean you couldn’t ever inherit. Honestly not sure and I’d love an answer from anyone who figured it out.

I’ve heard of people doing this so I don’t think it’s impossible, it’s just that I’m not sure how one would go about it. It seems to entail executing the current leader but to do that you’d need to be at war with the faction which would logically mean you couldn’t ever inherit. Honestly not sure and I’d love an answer from anyone who figured it out.

I've never heard of taking over a current faction as the king. wasn't possible in warband as well. The only thing you could do is help a claimant to the kingdom or starting your own faction. Never inheriting. I highly doubt it is even possible in this game. If it is possible then you need to make a son with the lsat surviving daughter of the emperor. Let that kid grow to an adult then kill the emperor and kill yourself. Play as the kid

Would just take 3000-4000 ingame days. assuming the kid is an adult at 15 years

I've never heard of taking over a current faction as the king. wasn't possible in warband as well. The only thing you could do is help a claimant to the kingdom or starting your own faction. Never inheriting. I highly doubt it is even possible in this game. If it is possible then you need to make a son with the lsat surviving daughter of the emperor. Let that kid grow to an adult then kill the emperor and kill yourself. Play as the kid

Would just take 3000-4000 ingame days. assuming the kid is an adult at 15 years
Inheritance is definitely in the game now in some form, rulers can be killed and they are replaced, it’s just that it’s not yet widely known how that replacement is actually done, whether via the family tree or some sort of election.

Inheritance is definitely in the game now in some form, rulers can be killed and they are replaced, it’s just that it’s not yet widely known how that replacement is actually done, whether via the family tree or some sort of election.

The normal inheritance is being done through your clan/dynasty. Since you are not a part of your emperors dynasty it is near impossible to inherit. Next to that all kings got some sort of son or companion that can lead the faction after they die.

Hello all,

So, I joined the nothern empire and plan to become the Emperor of it. And, NO! I don't want create my own kingdom, at least not now, to see how this feautures works. Does anyone knows how to become the new Emperor? Lucon is already 68 and hope he will die soon, I'm married to his daughter and got him grandkids, his son is still single. So, how can i replce him as Emperor after he dies or before he dies?

That's a good question. I don't know if inheritance in the game works like that or is intended to work like that. Currently, it looks like inheritance goes through the ruling clan bloodline (as others have mentioned).

However, there ought to be some value to marrying the heir, shouldn't there? Currently, marrying someone pulls them out of their clan and into yours. But there's literally a story thing about (for instance), Ira being the heir -- so you'd think marrying her would be one path to the throne.

It's just unclear if that's currently implemented or planned to be implemented.

That's a good question. I don't know if inheritance in the game works like that or is intended to work like that. Currently, it looks like inheritance goes through the ruling clan bloodline (as others have mentioned).

However, there ought to be some value to marrying the heir, shouldn't there? Currently, marrying someone pulls them out of their clan and into yours. But there's literally a story thing about (for instance), Ira being the heir -- so you'd think marrying her would be one path to the throne.

It's just unclear if that's currently implemented or planned to be implemented.

That's one thing i found weird, if you go to Ira page in heroes, doesn't show Arenicos or Rhaega in her family tree.... Will she really inherit?

And yes, inheritance seens to be a thing, at least in law.. the Nothern Empire just passed a law allowing feudalism law.. But, i'm more interest i taking over one of the rightful parts of the empire and reclaim it and make it whole again. Like in warband i felt i was just another pretender. Altough this time looks like the player was born in Calradia helps to immersion

Let me see.

Sieges dont work
AI don't replenish food
Your army wages don't get paid even though u have enough money to pay the whole army for the next year
during sieges armies just start hitting random walls and doors,, some enemies can teleport themselves through walls
giving fiefs don't work
Leveling doesn't work
peace making dont work

I can go on for ages...

Only 1 crush at a castle siege happen to me otherwise I have never headed an issue with a single thing you wrote here everything is working very fine and I have +30 hours already

I was under the impression that there would be some sort of special inheritance of the Southern Empire once you marry Ira. I think they'll add some sort of branching storyline about uniting the empire where coming to power in one of the fragments is a prerequisite. I hope that you can unite it through more diplomatic/political ways than just waging war.

That's one thing i found weird, if you go to Ira page in heroes, doesn't show Arenicos or Rhaega in her family tree.... Will she really inherit?

Arenicos isn't in the game yet. Looking at lords.xml, it looks like they have plans to add him as a dead character but don't have dead character functionality (currently, dead characters are scripted to die on day 1).

Ira doesn't have Rhagaea set as her mother -- probably an oversight. It's an easy fix in heroes.xml -- just need to add mother="Hero.lord_1_14" to Ira's entry.

And yes, inheritance seens to be a thing, at least in law.. the Nothern Empire just passed a law allowing feudalism law.. But, i'm more interest i taking over one of the rightful parts of the empire and reclaim it and make it whole again. Like in warband i felt i was just another pretender. Altough this time looks like the player was born in Calradia helps to immersion

I know what you mean -- but currently it seems like inheritance stays within the ruling clan. So there's no way for the player to inherit one of the rightful empires. And similarly, there's no way for their heir spouse to do so too, because that spouse moves to your clan upon marriage.

I was under the impression that there would be some sort of special inheritance of the Southern Empire once you marry Ira. I think they'll add some sort of branching storyline about uniting the empire where coming to power in one of the fragments is a prerequisite. I hope that you can unite it through more diplomatic/political ways than just waging war.

Ira's encyclopedia entry definitely implies that, making reference to Rhagaea wanting Ira to have a responsible "imperial consort" -- it's possible it just isn't implemented yet. But I agree that I hope that diplomatic/political methods are possible, both in terms of taking over one of the empires or even in terms of helping them by being a loyalist and trying to bring other clans over to your rightful side.

I ser...i read her entry, no wonder he didnt want her as his heiress. She's a soldier not a politician.

But, my thread was about how become Emperor of one of the factions

Hahaha

Let me see.

Sieges dont work
AI don't replenish food
giving fiefs don't work
Leveling doesn't work
peace making dont work

I can go on for ages...

1: Archers are heavily heavily affected by line of sight, and sigh conditions. If it's night time in any way, they won't shoot until the enemy is like 20 feet away.
2: Sieges do work. Completely.
3: I have no answer for as I haven't really encountered that.
4: They do replenish food in my game.
5: False
6:It works as they intended and have patched.
7:Most likely it isn't finalized yet, hence Early Access.
8:I've never encountered any of that. Especially the teleportation.
9:Voting works as intended for the most part
10:giving fiefs do not work. So you're right.
11: Lords do not instantly defect. Unless you have a horrible reputation with them.
12:I have not encountered kings doing that.
13: A lot of the quest bugs have been patched already.
14:Leveling does work. I'm not sure how on earth you could say that.
15: Companions do level up, it's just extremely slow.
16: peace making does work. It takes denars.

So far you've been wrong on almost every one of those points you tried to make. I can go on and on for ages.

Back
Top Bottom