Bannerlord SP First Reactions: Megathread

Users who are viewing this thread

Current state, 6/10, this is 2020 after all.The quest design and presentation is very barebones and uninspired. Maybe during early access time period TW could get a quest designer or collaborate with some modders to incorporate more varied and interesting quests. VO will add a little flavor which is fine but what will give this game life will be deep and meaningful quest systems. Additionally, the presentation of the game is muddled by loading screen after loading screen. There is no reason why we need to have 3 loading screens interrupt the game just to attack some looters. I know you are loading faces but is feels very disjointed. Overall, performance still needs lots of work ( like loading trade goods) but everyone already knows this. Adding anything that reduces the tedium and improve quality of life will be good. Keep up the hard work TW!

NOTE: I'm aware that some of these issues have been fixed by now, but content/feature wise the game feels bland and empty, multiplayer seems great and I hope they'll expand it during the early access.

I’m on TaleWorlds side and I’ll support them as much as I can but that doesn’t mean I won't give criticism

Quest are extremely repetitive and most are not only bugged but they will prevent you from progressing permanently.

The dialog is not only extremely repetitive, it’s borderline glitched in a lot of places. Hence the “insert generic backstory here” pictures. While that’s humorous in a lot of ways it also shows how serious you are taking the development, of lack there of.

The new features that are available are almost pointless due to the player not being able to properly use it. IE: Balancing issues with pricing and rewarding.

I often have no idea what to do because it seems there aren't as many possibilities as I thought, and not a lot of ways to achieve your set goal.

You’ve taken out a lot of positive things from Warband without supplementing it with a better alternative, or at least an explanation as to why you went that way. IE: The option to auto-block, XP from tournaments, ...

Everything Is at its bare bone implementation. You still have options in the dialogue menu that lead no where. I’m not sure if this is a design choice or laziness? Why would I ask a lord “can I ask a question” if I would only follow up with “nevermind”.

I have no doubt that Bannerlord will eventually become a great game. But after 8 years of waiting with little to no communication you put out a product that's bare-bones.
Yeah, I've had to use the dev console within the first 10 hours to fix the game. You are right. There is a lot missing from Warband and even MORE missing when compared to some of the mod overhauls like Floris. Hopefully, they will come with time but I was really expecting more from reading the years of dev blogs.

I love it so far , there are few bugs , some alredy got fixed but I can work around them , to me personally this game is alredy amazing , the graphics of the game look amazing , I spent first few hours of game killing looters , doing simple quests and just trying to level up , I think you should make Smithing easier as right now it's just not worth the hussle. Maybe if kingdoms were sort of balanced because within 150 days the map is alredy mostly just like 2 factions while others get destroyed. When it comes to buying and downloading the game (I see many people say they had problems with it) it was perfect , Bought the game on your website , got the key instantly , put it in steam and download started.

Guys, its all over i have found the way to victory

BcU27.jpg

Yeah, I've had to use the dev console within the first 10 hours to fix the game. You are right. There is a lot missing from Warband and even MORE missing when compared to some of the mod overhauls like Floris. Hopefully, they will come with time but I was really expecting more from reading the years of dev blogs.
Will the devs see/reply to these problems? I just want to make sure they know... Currently I just don't play because it feels so empty.

Not usually superstitious, but I just gave the Dragon Banner to Vlandia, got the quest that this spymaster is planning my downfall and I gotta counteract the conspiracy.

Zoom to Praven to sell some stuff and look for a new companion aaaaaaand:
3018035acc.jpg

Cursed hero selling services for 666 gold. Bad omen. Help.

I`m sure this one has been reused in many castles and towns, but as i first came across it in Hongard Castle, i`m calling it
"Hongard Tapestry" :sneaky:
A beatiful piece of art and a really nice detail in a Vlandian castle.
C-Uev.png

some good improvements other that obvious graphics. Late game already at lvl 11...... empire conquered whole map basically, politics not developed. too easy to get others to dislike you than approve. quests are more streamlined. Feels less like a chore. Rn Impossible to level certain attributes. Things like steward medicine and engineering dont raise at all. you have to command armies to gain in leadership for example. but to do that you need influence points that are a grind to get. cost of assembling is in the hundreds and ive only ever gotten to 85. combat and distancing are good. AI just attacks nonstop, spamming you. still havent done first quest too annoying to find all those people. late game peacetime no fights and your clan tier not high enough to go your own way. great game but all will depend on how they polish some of these issues. oh and btw there are only 4 types of companions that dont stop spawning.

too many holes. cant really develop character. some abilities are literally impossible to grow. they pretty much level capped us to 15 and denied progression in critical skills of the game. they should be bodying these problems, but 100,000 ppl purchased in 1 hr so they prob in malibu already

I am very happy of the frequent bugfixes and glitch fixes, Talewords cares about delivering an engaging experience, for that i applaud them. The graphics are much improved from Warband. Factions,weapons and architecture are varied and the blood effects plus combat feels more active. BUT there is one simple mechanic that annoys me somewhat and thats the absence of autoblock. I have played Mount and Blade since the early beta of 2006(Zendar rules) and have brought every game from Warband to With fire and sword and i started with automatic blocking. In time i did play the game with manual blocking but i stil i have prefered the automatic blocking and inverse movement. It would attract more players when you would have an option for both player "classes". For more casual players and those who prefer an easier overall experience: autoblock, and for those who want challenge and more dangerous and risky adventure: manual block. I am sorry if this was off-topic or too preachy. My wish is just that the game could be tweaked so that its in YOUR skill level and playstyle.

I am very happy of the frequent bugfixes and glitch fixes, Talewords cares about delivering an engaging experience, for that i applaud them. The graphics are much improved from Warband. Factions,weapons and architecture are varied and the blood effects plus combat feels more active. BUT there is one simple mechanic that annoys me somewhat and thats the absence of autoblock. I have played Mount and Blade since the early beta of 2006(Zendar rules) and have brought every game from Warband to With fire and sword and i started with automatic blocking. In time i did play the game with manual blocking but i stil i have prefered the automatic blocking and inverse movement. It would attract more players when you would have an option for both player "classes". For more casual players and those who prefer an easier overall experience: autoblock, and for those who want challenge and more dangerous and risky adventure: manual block. I am sorry if this was off-topic or too preachy. My wish is just that the game could be tweaked so that its in YOUR skill level and playstyle.
I completely agree with you, I have played Bannerlord the last few days and have put hours AND hours into the trainer to try and practice manual block and I cannot seem to get the hang of it. the option to have automatic block would be a godsend.

Enjoying the game so far except the fact that if you piss off a faction leader its impossible to regain relation with them. I've given gifts, attacked bandit hideouts in his territory, done quests for his family and attacked his enemies. Nothing gives you relation with lords if they hate you.

Dear developers, i can't leave a full feedback about game, because i my fps is too low literally everywhere on very low graphics.
So, i played 10 hours and in every battle game become a slideshow. Fps is low in every part of game: main menu, global map etc. My specs are 1050 4 gb and core i5 7300hq.
And every time i have launched a game on 1050. Also i optimized it with geforce experience and this soft set medium or high graphics.
Taleworlds, i know that game is just in an early access, but i hope that you will do something with this, because me and other players, who have the same issue can't literally play and leave feedback about other game issues.

I completely agree with you, I have played Bannerlord the last few days and have put hours AND hours into the trainer to try and practice manual block and I cannot seem to get the hang of it. the option to have automatic block would be a godsend.

Yes, i have heard other people have had the same problem, i tried melee combat with an Imperial Legionary, and i feel worthless when i mostly lose to even one of them, let alone two .In easy setting Melee Ai is hard, and at higher levels it can be hell, i feel that even with autoblock it would give a fair challenge.

I respect Talewords, Armagan and their games a lot, they deliver so to say, you could say i am a fanboy, but still why not give the people the possibility to play with autoblock, with the manual blocking you can trully challenge yourself,no doubt but i don't wan't to be challenged at all times. At some point i would play with manual block, WHEN i am more skilled and understand the different mechanics, weapon classes and tricks like i did in Warband and MP. More options can't hurt,right?

I just hope that Calum or some other manager or developer could hear us, and give us a helping hand so that we could more easily advance if we wanted to take it easier.

Respectfully Arttu Joonatan Taimi "NorthWind" and i wish you all good health and good times.

Yes, i have heard other people have had the same problem, i tried melee combat with an Imperial Legionary, and i feel worthless when i mostly lose to even one of them, let alone two .In easy setting Melee Ai is hard, and at higher levels it can be hell, i feel that even with autoblock it would give a fair challenge.

I respect Talewords, Armagan and their games a lot, they deliver so to say, you could say i am a fanboy, but still why not give the people the possibility to play with autoblock, with the manual blocking you can trully challenge yourself,no doubt but i don't wan't to be challenged at all times. At some point i would play with manual block, WHEN i am more skilled and understand the different mechanics, weapon classes and tricks like i did in Warband and MP. More options can't hurt,right?

I just hope that Calum or some other manager or developer could hear us, and give us a helping hand so that we could more easily advance if we wanted to take it easier.

Respectfully Arttu Joonatan Taimi "NorthWind" and i wish you all good health and good times.
Completely agree

Just want to chip in and say thanks for the 0 income rebalanced workshop... Always nice to invest in dead businesses. Looks like corona carried over into Calradia. XD

We need balancing between factions and wars, it's snowballs so quickly by day 300 the hole map is conquered and my clan is not even tier 3. No time to experiment with new mechanics nor doing the main quest. Bye bye to my dreams of betraying the empire and form my own kingdom, it's too late for that, the empire controls the hole map (only vlandia stands). Sturgians got wiped out in 2 weeks, they had 5 cities and a lot of castles but that dont help against 5-6 giant armies of the empire that doesnt stop fighting, i never thought i would say this but: i miss lords feasts that interrupt the war after a castle is taken down.

Last edited:
I`m sure this one has been reused in many castles and towns, but as i first came across it in Hongard Castle, i`m calling it
"Hongard Tapestry" :sneaky:
A beatiful piece of art and a really nice detail in a Vlandian castle.
C-Uev.png
Piconi, you are the one. Always like to see this kind of new details in game. You post screens, that i want to see :grin: Thank champ.

Dear developers, i can't leave a full feedback about game, because i my fps is too low literally everywhere on very low graphics.
So, i played 10 hours and in every battle game become a slideshow. Fps is low in every part of game: main menu, global map etc. My specs are 1050 4 gb and core i5 7300hq.
And every time i have launched a game on 1050. Also i optimized it with geforce experience and this soft set medium or high graphics.
Taleworlds, i know that game is just in an early access, but i hope that you will do something with this, because me and other players, who have the same issue can't literally play and leave feedback about other game issues.
whats your RAM?

Back
Top Bottom