Users who are viewing this thread

Hello , so the problem is the game is running really weird on my pc to the point it is unplayable. It stutters like crazy almost everywhere except the overall map in Campaign where it becomes somewhat playable, but in battles it stutters to the unplayable levels everytime 2 armies are clashing with each other untill they finish the fighting , then the game becomes "playable" meaning the stutters still happen but less frequently to the point that I can actually hit the retreating enemies.
I run everything on very low , tried the sound channel thing , didn't work , made the resolution scale at even 50 , didn't work. I checked Task Manager while playing even though it's really hard to ALT-TAB because my PC is usually freezing from the game but in Task Manager CPU was at 50%-60% gpu at 20%-30% RAM was at 75%-80% and Disk was at almost all times at 100%

I ran out of ideas on what to do. Something in the game doesn't like my setup or vice versa. I ran games like Total War Warhammer 2 on high with no problems or gta 5 so the pc is capable of running other games on decently high settings.

My specs are :

AMD Ryzen 5 1600x
Nvidia 1060 3gb
8gb Ram
Running the game on a toshiba HDD (maybe this is the problem ?? )

I have the same issue but only on some battles. Some work perfectly fine even though there is the maximum number of troops (450 in my case) engaged in active fighting, while during others if I have the fighting troops in my line of sight my game instantly drops to 1 FPS until I can manage to rotate my camera. I haven't managed to find what causes this difference.
I've also tried different settings (including setting Sound Quality to low), but none solved the issue. I also noticed heavy GPU usage when this happens.
Happens on both e1.0.0 and e1.0.1, and seems to be more frequent in campaign than in custom battles

i3-9100f
1060 3GB
16 GB DDR4 RAM
Game on Seagate HDD

EDIT : Just did some more tests, the issue seems to be way more present on the latest patch for me. For instanceI had a siege where I instantly dropped to something like 5 FPS when coming close to a group of around 50 idle soldiers. However another group on the other side of the map didn't cause many issues. Rotating the camera to hide the problematic group was not enough, I had to walk away (I suppose this loaded a lower detail LOD for the soldiers but I didn't notice it, also setting the Character Detail to Very Low did nothing) for my frames to go back to around 25 (which is still way lower than what I have usually, even in a siege). GPU was at 100% the entire time, but CPU and RAM were pretty low. Couldn't check disk often, but usage seemed also fine every time I tabbed out to check.

EDIT 2 : Just did another siege, on a similar map (snowy castle), and I had between 40 and 50 FPS even though I had an even bigger amount of soldiers on screen all charging toward the castle. GPU was still maxed out for some reason though.

Last edited:
I have the same issue but only on some battles. Some work perfectly fine even though there is the maximum number of troops (450 in my case) engaged in active fighting, while during others if I have the fighting troops in my line of sight my game instantly drops to 1 FPS until I can manage to rotate my camera. I haven't managed to find what causes this difference.
I've also tried different settings (including setting Sound Quality to low), but none solved the issue. I also noticed heavy GPU usage when this happens.
Happens on both e1.0.0 and e1.0.1, and seems to be more frequent in campaign than in custom battles

i3-9100f
1060 3GB
16 GB DDR4 RAM
Game on Seagate HDD

EDIT : Just did some more tests, the issue seems to be way more present on the latest patch for me. For instanceI had a siege where I instantly dropped to something like 5 FPS when coming close to a group of around 50 idle soldiers. However another group on the other side of the map didn't cause many issues. Rotating the camera to hide the problematic group was not enough, I had to walk away (I suppose this loaded a lower detail LOD for the soldiers but I didn't notice it, also setting the Character Detail to Very Low did nothing) for my frames to go back to around 25 (which is still way lower than what I have usually, even in a siege). GPU was at 100% the entire time, but CPU and RAM were pretty low. Couldn't check disk often, but usage seemed also fine every time I tabbed out to check.

EDIT 2 : Just did another siege, on a similar map (snowy castle), and I had between 40 and 50 FPS even though I had an even bigger amount of soldiers on screen all charging toward the castle. GPU was still maxed out for some reason though.
I believe GPU maxing out is a good thing , CPU RAM and DISK maxing out is not ,i'm not much of an expert but i've been looking through some forums these days.
Is your PC stable ? Like can you also watch a video while playing Bannerlord or something of this sort , my whole system lags very much and it takes like 30 seconds for a page on Chrome to open while in Bannerlord , does this happen to you as well ?

I believe GPU maxing out is a good thing , CPU RAM and DISK maxing out is not ,i'm not much of an expert but i've been looking through some forums these days.
Is your PC stable ? Like can you also watch a video while playing Bannerlord or something of this sort , my whole system lags very much and it takes like 30 seconds for a page on Chrome to open while in Bannerlord , does this happen to you as well ?

Yeah, the rest of my computer does slow down a bit while Bannerlord is open. It's not unusable, but there is an additional 2 to 3 seconds delay to loading tabs in Firefox.

If your DISK is maxing out that means there's isn't enough available memory on your RAM. I suggest checking resource monitor on windows and see where your memory is commited besides M&B and closing those apps.

Th
If your DISK is maxing out that means there's isn't enough available memory on your RAM. I suggest checking resource monitor on windows and see where your memory is commited besides M&B and closing those apps.
The game has memory leakage issue which hogs up all the memory so the only thing we can do is wait for devs to fix up their optimization mess

Yeah I have same problem and guess we have to only wait, because I tried everything and it didn't work.

Ah , i see, do you think that upgrading to 16gb ram will fix the stuttering? I ve seen some people complaining with 16 gb as well but the thing is my game doesn t start ok and then goes into stuttering, the stuttering is always there which is weird for a memory leak. I thought memory leaks were gradual .

Ah , i see, do you think that upgrading to 16gb ram will fix the stuttering? I ve seen some people complaining with 16 gb as well but the thing is my game doesn t start ok and then goes into stuttering, the stuttering is always there which is weird for a memory leak. I thought memory leaks were gradual .
16 should be fine. Of course it depends if you have 10 apps open in teh background and 10 google chrome tabs then you might run into the same problem. Again, check the resource monitor. RAM usage doesn't really go above 70-90% ever as some is reserved for OS stuff.

EDIT: of course there's still a lot of optimization issues that the devs need to fix.

Last edited:

i3-9100f
1060 3GB
16 GB DDR4 RAM
Game on Seagate HDD

Found a workaround for this issue, when the frames start to tank, switching to 900p then back to 1080p seems to fix the stuttering

Try running the game in Windowed mode rather than full screen or borderless. It made my gf's game go from a 5FPS stuttering pile of garbage to running quite smoothly.

Hi all, sorry for the late response. We are aware of the memory leak problems and working hard to fix them as soon as possible. Can you confirm if the problem still persisting after the newly released hotfix? If so please let me know so i can inform the devs about the issue.

Still persistent for me, made screenshots today. Here:

Just downloading Beta 1.4.1 in hope that it performs better than E 1.4.0 as it says in the Beta performance issues were addressed. (whatever that means)

78MPZCl.jpg

Back
Top Bottom