Users who are viewing this thread

You are not supposed to be one man army lol. And high map movement speed means you can farm exp on low tier enemies, because they are much slower than you. Low map movement speed makes you think before you go somewhere. You have to use your brain instead of sitting there "playing" it in a constant state of numbness.
I am not supposed to be a one-man army, but I don't find it fun to get killed in 2 shot with a wooden stick either.
Low movement speed just mean that I spend 30 minutes running after 4 bandits.

For the last time, I don't want to hear about the playstyles that circumvent the new ****ty blocking mechanic. I know how to use a shield. I know how to ride a horse and kite the enemy with a bow. I know how to stay out of combay entirely. All of those strategies are just as viable as they were in previous titles. They are also just as boring as they were in previous titles. The game is perfectly playable, it's just not fun.

I want to be able to join the fight. I want to be able to fight with the weapon of my choosing. I don't want my decision to not constantly carry a shield to basically guarantee that I get knocked out 100% of the time.

Again, I bought Mount and Blade -- not Hiding Behind a Shield Simulator.
That's how it should be. You have to remember that this game is set in the PAST when compared to Warband. Historically everyone used shields in the timeframe this game is based on. I don't think they even invented plate armor yet. Longswords are late medieval times thing (Warband)

can I ask why allowing someone to auto block in their single player is going to upset another players single player campaign? XD the option to change between the two should be their in my opinion :grin:

If you're arguing against adding an auto-block option to the game, you haven't made any valid points. It always just boils down to "git gud" no matter how you word it.

When someone says "Hey, can we have this option back in the game in a way that would literally effect no-one else" and your response is "No", it's really very obvious who the trolls are.
literally just git gud though lol. You aren't meant to be one man army, get someone to help you.

It doesn't upset anyone. Why do you guys take this "git gud" BS so seriously as if people are literally trying to motivate you folks to learn the game mechanics? They are joking, and you folks are the ones who get upset and antagonize.

Here's why I suspect this option is gone.

People in the previous game had figured out how to modify their game files or memory edit so as to enable auto blocking behavior in multiplayer lobbies that were manual blocking restricted. Wouldn't be surprised if these people are here or off in other threads telling people to get good, scrub. The developers were either unable or unwilling to fix this issue in their game's engine, so they decided to take away the feature altogether so as to solve the multiplayer exploit.

Again... this whole thread is pointless. I don't care if you think manual blocking is fun in SP (it isn't), and I don't care if you think I suck at the game. I just want to know why the option is gone and whether it will be returning. And for that we need a Taleworlds staff member to actually pay attention.

Wheee.

To be crystal clear, autoblock was also one of the reasons for Warband to run so slowly, as there is a check of all the agents in the mission template and their attacking stance, then their positions and the order of their incoming attacks to the player so that the adequate parry is outputed.

So YES, it is a big deal for all players, everyone is concerned. Even if you don't use autoblock, you will still be affected by the newly added slowliness to your game, because the check has to be done no matter autoblocking is on or not.

There is also the fact that autoblocking fools people on their true level, lowering by a large amount the skillcap in multiplayer. Please, if you used autoblocking one time in the past, don't do it again or DO NOT come in multiplayer.

Third, developers will need a lot of time to address that demand. Because it is clearly a demand as it is formulated with insults, capitals letters and raging behaviors.

Time that we, mount and blade fellow players, want them to allocate on scripting bugs and release of the modding tools.

We don't have time for casual gamers.

It doesn't upset anyone. Why do you guys take this "git gud" BS so seriously as if people are literally trying to motivate you folks to learn the game mechanics? They are joking, and you folks are the ones who get upset and antagonize.
Thing is, we just asked for auto-block to be back, and those people just respond with 'Git gud', it is insulting, don't help anyone and making fun of us if they are joking.

I am not supposed to be a one-man army, but I don't find it fun to get killed in 2 shot with a wooden stick either.
Low movement speed just mean that I spend 30 minutes running after 4 bandits.
1. and why is that a problem...? Even if you die your troops are still fighting. If you don't want to get knocked out then stay out of it and lead your army.
2. and that's stupid because you can just farm ****ty low tier bandits to get the best army possible. There's no risk involved. Bigger armies should have no chance to catch up to like 5 bandits.

There is also the fact that autoblocking fools people on their true level, lowering by a large amount the skillcap in multiplayer. Please, if you used autoblocking one time in the past, don't do it again or DO NOT come in multiplayer.
That's the thing, most people who use auto-block don't play in multiplayer.

To be crystal clear, autoblock was also one of the reasons for Warband to run so slowly, as there is a check of all the agents in the mission template and their attacking stance, then their positions and the order of their incoming attacks to the player so that the adequate parry is outputed.

So YES, it is a big deal for all players, everyone is concerned. Even if you don't use autoblock, you will still be affected by the newly added slowliness to your game, because the check has to be done no matter autoblocking is on or not.

Third, developers will need a lot of time to address that demand. Because it is clearly a demand as it is formulated with insults, capitals letters and raging behaviors.

Time that we, mount and blade fellow players, want them to allocate on scripting bugs and release of the modding tools.

We don't have time for casual gamers.
If it previously did the check regardless of whether the feature were enabled, and I doubt it did, that sounds like something that was programmed inefficiently.

Why not check:
1. Is the feature enabled?
2. Who is the closest target?
3. What is his stance?

Again, performance impact would be a good justification of why the feature might be gone. But I'm not gonna take your word on it. There are numerous threads asking about this feature and whether it will be returning. Someone who knows what the teams reasoning and intentions are should have had time for a two sentence explanation by now.

And "Get gud scrub" is not an explanation. It's just a good way to **** up your game community and alienate both new and returning players who just want to have a good time.

1. and why is that a problem...? Even if you die your troops are still fighting. If you don't want to get knocked out then stay out of it and lead your army.
2. and that's stupid because you can just farm ****ty low tier bandits to get the best army possible. There's no risk involved. Bigger armies should have no chance to catch up to like 5 bandits.
1. In Warband, if I die, I lose the battle entirely, and I never got the hang of the command system yet so I can't lead my troops, and I can't lead them from beyond the grave.
Is it to hard to ask to be able to fight without getting destroyed ?

2. Remember when in Warband you could stay in a spot for 3 years and get veteran combatants ? how is that less stupid than people catching up to 5 peasants to get a small amount of XP ?

If it previously did the check regardless of whether the feature were enabled that sounds like something that was programmed inefficiently.

It is in a larger function and was indeed inproperly implemented, but I don't think they build their engine with that idea in mind so it's clear that it would be the same this time around.

That's how it should be. You have to remember that this game is set in the PAST when compared to Warband. Historically everyone used shields in the timeframe this game is based on. I don't think they even invented plate armor yet. Longswords are late medieval times thing (Warband)
Historically? It's a fictional world. Historical accuracy is not a factor in a fictional world.

Further, historical accuracy is not a justification for boring gameplay.

It is in a larger function and was indeed inproperly implemented, but I don't think they build their engine with that idea in mind so it's clear that it would be the same this time around.
I guess so. Working in IT this would not surprise me. I've countless times found things like applications throwing divide by zero errors, passed that along to programmers, and then watched them place restrictions on the user input rather than fixing their ****ty math.

However, I think there is more than enough interest in this feature here, in other threads, on other forums, to have an explanation straight from the horses mouth.

If it caused slowdown, that is a possibly good justification for removing it. If it allowed for exploits that they could not figure out how to fix, that is a good reason for removing it. If "get good scrub, this is the way we want you to play" then goodbye to the Mount and Blade franchise it is.

I've given these people money repeatedly over a 15 year period. I deserve at least a modicum of transparency.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom