To many whining kids

Users who are viewing this thread

Hey guys, name me three games which were extremely buggy in early access but released with even the majority of those bugs fixed.

Early access or not, the initial release is almost always more or less how the final game turns out. The reason so many people are so frustrated is that this was, statistically speaking, their last chance to fix things.
This is too true. Name me a list of games that actually released from early access in a playable state, I bet you can't name me 10. Very few of the games on early access actually leave it and when it's a game that has already been in development for 8 years and comes out in early access with an asking price of about £40 which is the cost of most "finished." Triple A games and then is in a state like this, are you surprised so many people are complaining.

I think most people know it's EA and that the game will be full of bugs. It's good that people write down what they like and don't like or else it would be like living in North Korea. :mrgreen: I made a post about female heroes and at that time all I found was females, now when I been playing around some more I found a much better mix and I'm cool with it. So sorry about that "whine" post hehe.

Love the massive battles in this game, even if it lags a little it's maybe the best thing about this game. Also the feeling when you ride around and swing your blade is very nice made. So much better control of the horse then in many other games. And you also feel the difference when you ride a new one, not just the speed. So thank you TW for making these awesome things. Some quest need a lot of more work but I like where they are going.

Let me tell you my story so far.

So, I recently bought this game on steam and played on Windows 7 but with all the stuttering and optimisation issues, I enjoyed it but found I couldn't continue with it, so I changed over to windows 10 to see if it works any better, only to find that now it won't even start, I've re-downloaded it, verified it, but every time I try to run it, it does first-time setup then just flat-out refuses to run, no crash or error message, it just disappears and when I try to run it again it goes back to first time setup.

I've done everything in the pinned post on the steam forum but nothing worked, I've tried verifying, I've looked at my Graphic drivers and they're up to date. Does anyone have any ideas on how I could fix this?

Taleworlds is a business, the first month of release for any game is always going to be the most profitable. I don't believe that at it's current state it's worth $50 either (since the game has many bugs and my save game actually corrupted) with that said, Early Access is an early investment into an unfinished product. I do believe that once the game is finished that it will be worth the $50, but asking them to charge less is outrageous. That's like going into a restaurant and after eating their meal complaining that it sucks, asking for your money back, telling them that it would be good if they lowered the prices, and then leaving a 1 star review on Yelp even after dining for free. Does it happen all the time? Sure. But that kind of criticism is more damaging than helpful.

Ah yes, just like any developer is technically a business trying to gain profit. That doesn't excuse high price points on unfinished or unworthy products. You're being completely irrational. It's not at all like going into a restaurant and eating their meal and complaining it sucks, I ate a raw meal and then complained that it sucks. You can't get mad at someone for doing that. If you went into a restaurant and took a bite of raw steak you'd want to leave a 1 star review on Yelp too. If they lowered the price after doing it, then it'd be a different story. Plenty of Early Access games gain revenue in the early days, and news flash, the more affordable your game is sometimes you get more sales and more peaked interest. I paid $50 for a day's worth of campaign content, multiple people have already basically finished SP and people I know personally have already done the same. MP is actually just the beta slapped onto the SP .exe. You say the game isn't worth the money yet somehow I'm being irrational for saying exactly that? What are you actually arguing?

Rust was around $20, probably one of the most profitable decisions for Facepunch and look at them now. Garry's Mod is $10 and has been pretty much since release and it's been one of the most profitable decisions for Facepunch. Gmod is timeless and always will be and has a price point that anyone can meet and have tons of fun with. Bannerlord is 5x the price for 1/1000 of the content and an EA tag slapped on it.

Humble yourself, I didn't pay for raw food, especially when the food has been cooking for this long.

I hope you bought enough toilet paper from Walmart to cover the stains on your mouth from that ad hominem you just blurted out.

What kind of unintelligent baboon like attempt at an insult was this? You have just admitted the game is not worth the price point yet somehow you claim that the undying loyalty of the (mainly) SP community to a product with nothing but promises that as of right now have yet to be fulfilled is somehow justified and I'm wrong for saying they're on a sinking ship.

I hope you prepared yourself for an actual response and not the mindless garbage that you and people of your exact mindset seem to keep blurting out.

Let me tell you my story so far.

So, I recently bought this game on steam and played on Windows 7 but with all the stuttering and optimisation issues, I enjoyed it but found I couldn't continue with it, so I changed over to windows 10 to see if it works any better, only to find that now it won't even start, I've re-downloaded it, verified it, but every time I try to run it, it does first-time setup then just flat-out refuses to run, no crash or error message, it just disappears and when I try to run it again it goes back to first time setup.

I've done everything in the pinned post on the steam forum but nothing worked, I've tried verifying, I've looked at my Graphic drivers and they're up to date. Does anyone have any ideas on how I could fix this?

This right here is a good way to give feedback. Did you try clearing your Steam Cache and then re-verifying?

9254f6db2c4120f15aa0e55ef6552ecc.png

I ate a raw meal and then complained that it sucks. You can't get mad at someone for doing that. If they lowered the price after doing it, then it'd be a different story.

No one is getting mad (well at least not me), however I do have to question why you would eat a raw steak if the cost were to be decreased by 50%. Raw is raw, deciding to eat the steak while it's still cooking and then yelling at the chef won't always result in better quality food.

You have just admitted the game is not worth the price point yet somehow you claim that the undying loyalty of the (mainly) SP community to a product with nothing but promises

I don't remember claiming to have undying loyalty for any brand or company. The game has A LOT of problems right now, some of them have been resolved while the majority of the game breaking bugs are still out in the wild. I could probably go on for hours with criticism about how the game can be improved, where I personally believe the game is just daunting, and also questionable decisions that have been made. I'm in support of sharing feedback; I also know that a lot these complaints are done because people are just really passionate and want a good finished product, it doesn't help that the developers haven't made a thread addressing this either.

The only strife I personally have is when people create argumentative fallacies in order to drive some sort of agenda and when countless members are campaigning for people NOT to buy the game while using misinformation to do so. Sometimes it's difficult to even have discourse because responses have been borderline hostile at times. None of this applies to you, and I've actually enjoyed reading your comments.

Taleworlds warned you on the page that is it infact an early acces game and will contain bugs and issues and that you should wait for the full release if you don't want to deal with that.Own fault if you ignore the warnings given

I'm enjoying the game so far, only had one random crash that I cant reproduce

No one is getting mad (well at least not me), however I do have to question why you would eat a raw steak if the cost were to be decreased by 50%. Raw is raw, deciding to eat the steak while it's still cooking and then yelling at the chef won't always result in better quality food.

I thought of it more as "oh you were served raw food, we won't charge you for it" or in the case of Bannerlord, charge less.

I don't remember claiming to have undying loyalty for any brand or company. The game has A LOT of problems right now, some of them have been resolved while the majority of the game breaking bugs are still out in the wild. I could probably go on for hours with criticism about how the game can be improved, where I personally believe the game is just daunting, and also questionable decisions that have been made. I'm in support of sharing feedback; I also know that a lot these complaints are done because people are just really passionate and want a good finished product, it doesn't help that the developers haven't made a thread addressing this either.

The only strife I personally have is when people create argumentative fallacies in order to drive some sort of agenda and when countless members are campaigning for people NOT to buy the game while using misinformation to do so. Sometimes it's difficult to even have discourse because responses have been borderline hostile at times. None of this applies to you, and I've actually enjoyed reading your comments.

Yeah I agree, people shouldn't try and demean the game in places where it doesn't deserve it.

Singleplayer has a lot of the greater aspects in the game but it's no where near finished either. The Multiplayer side of things is just kind of a horrid reality and that's where most of my problems stem from. The game to me doesn't feel like a sequel title, it doesn't feel like much at all.

The cliff comment mainly referred to this idea that seems to be getting traction on the forums that everyone who is upset is a Warband veteran with 5000 hours of 360 spinning combat and if we don't have that in Bannerlord we're upset. I'm sure TW is aware of the more glaring issues, but they've completely ignored things that aren't exactly bugs, but rather completely flawed design decisions. I.E the class system, lack of banners, lack of profiles, lack of Battle, lack of Duel, lack of depth in multiplayer overall. The hordes of positive steam reviews and developer positive threads are just cluttering out actual bug fixing suggestions, actual improvements, and real feedback from people with real passion.

Frankly I can deal with bugs, I can deal with unfinished aspects of the game, but when you combine those with poor dev response since the beta for an extended period of time, lack of focus on the MP aspect of the game, and an overall "meh" gamestate even on simple things like the banner editor, it's just really disappointing and aggravating. Not to mention they moved the release date up, made it on sale, and overall those sales tactics can feel kind of "cash-grab-y" considering the product.

That's just how I feel.

Not at all.

Whining achieves nothing, I tell that to my kids everyday. You can offer critique and feedback on structured, adult tones, I believe that the OP, and certainly myself are just tired of seeing the ridiculous self entitled posts and cussing out the developers.

Then dont read them? You're more than able to NOT click a link.

People, chill the f*ck down. This is early access, show some respect to TaleWorld and say thanks, for giving you a good discount number and early access to try and play the game.

I'd like to show my appreciation by giving them early access to the price I'll be paying for the game. Which basically means I'll pay a tenner now, then gradually give them incremental payments over the course of the next year or so until I decide the full price has been paid, which may or may not meet Taleworld's expectations based on my vaguely worded promises of a final amount. Naturally, as an early access product the initial payment may not necessarily meet the usual standard of legal tender, and it's possible there will be issues with the payments as we progress towards full payment, however I expect their participation in the early access payment will improve the final payment for all concerned. Of course, if they're not willing to put up with being paid in chocolate money, involvement in money laundering investigations or having to mount expeditions to sunken galleons then I'd suggest they skip being paid for now, and wait until the full payment is available later in the year.

/snipped Not to mention they moved the release date up, made it on sale, and overall those sales tactics can feel kind of "cash-grab-y" considering the product.

That's just how I feel.
I feel like cash grabby would be false advertisement, no sale. They were honest about the game, reduced the price on release day, and so far have provided a patch per day. Not saying **** ain't broke, just saying give credit where credit is due.

This is my first time playing a Mount & Blade game and I wish i played sooner. There is so much to do and sweet battles to have. I don't understand how other don't like it and this is early access. It will only get better

people don't like that there are dozens and dozens of gamebreaking issues and hundreds of other problems.

they don't like that there's been a beta for 9 months where 95% of feedback was strictly ignored.

they understand that it's early access but don't think that what they got is acceptable even so, which is a valid opinion.

people don't like that there are dozens and dozens of gamebreaking issues and hundreds of other problems.

they don't like that there's been a beta for 9 months where 95% of feedback was strictly ignored.

they understand that it's early access but don't think that what they got is acceptable even so, which is a valid opinion.

The beta was for MP. A lot of issues I'm sure weren't ignored, they are probably being prioritized. I'm not saying there isn't work to do, there is. Give them a chance though, it's been two days since release. They have only been working on the actual game for 3 years with about 70 people. Most of the time was seeing if they needed a new engine (viking conquest) realizing they did and making one. AAA developers have 2000+ people and typically take anywhere between 3-5 years to complete a game, more if they are making a new engine.

Inappropriate language
OP is a *SNIPPED* who doesn't understand that not everyone is a shill and that people don't like playing broken and unoptimized games on release, also he probably has been following the game for 3 months and thinks that the 8 year argument is not accurate criticism.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom