To many whining kids

Users who are viewing this thread

TheShadeMan

Recruit
Since they anounced that soon gonna be Early Access release, i knew, there will be some people, that will cry and whine about everything in the game, but i couldn't imagine how many there will be.

People, chill the f*ck down. This is early access, show some respect to TaleWorld and say thanks, for giving you a good discount number and early access to try and play the game. Stop whining like a little bit*hes and have some pation to wait for future updates, fixes and etc. Early access means that you can play the game and help out developers fix everything, to make game playble, enjoyble and fun.You do not suppose to have FUN right now.

People that make this stupid topics how they are dissapointed are completely ungratefull idiots that can't just appreciate the new part of Mount And Blade history.

Game is awesome and has a very bright and beautifull future. If you want to share your opinion, do it the right way, respecting TaleWorlds and their work. They read everything and i am pretty sure they see what community wants and soon they will do it.

Couldn't agree enough, the game has some flaws, but I've loved every second of playing it.

There's zero reason to be disrespectful to others, especially developers who have made it very clear that the game is in early access, and that it's not the complete package yet.

Hi !

Yes first I said thanks to TaleWorlds for this game ! I enjoy already it a lot (15h playing)

For the game, personnal experience : no crash, just one unlimited loading.

And yes communities today are full of unpatient and crazy children, people don't understand the purpose, the concept of early access, I mean what is collaboration with the studio.

So, keep going (y)

I also agree. It's f**king early access, that means that game is NOT FINISHED but they are letting us play so we can help make the game better. They told us not to expect a polished gameplay experience. I appreciate those who have negative feedback but do not whine, but it's annoying how many people are disappointed. Me and 2 of my friends are having an absolute blast playing campaign. One of them has barely even played campaign before, and he loves it.

There were a few people complaining saying that the "controversial aging system" is the reason that they won't buy the game, out of curiosity I asked in their opinion what is controversial about the aging system. I have 20 hours and have yet to see my character age, and I don't believe it's confirmed that your character dies of old age either (there's an option to disable Hero deaths).

Instead of having civilized discourse the only response I got was "Uhmmmm can you not see people complaining?". It seems some people lack their own opinion and just want to hop onto a hate bandwagon without actually playing the game and knowing what is or isn't included.

Also for some reason it feels like you have to write Early Access for some folks in magic marker so they can understand that the game is still under development.

There were a few people complaining saying that the "controversial aging system" is the reason that they won't buy the game, out of curiosity I asked in their opinion what is controversial about the aging system. I have 20 hours and have yet to see my character age, and I don't believe it's confirmed that your character dies of old age either (there's an option to disable Hero deaths).

Instead of having civilized discourse the only response I got was "Uhmmmm can you not see people complaining?". It seems some people lack their own opinion and just want to hop onto a hate bandwagon without actually playing the game and knowing what is or isn't included.
I remember giving a resonable response to your question in that topic

Early access is so that people can give feedback and "whine". This is why we are playing it... To let the devs know what works for us and what doesn't. That is what the forum is currently being used for.

What you seem to view as "whining kids" are infact people doing exactly what the devs need them do to. Yes things can be put in manners with varying degrees of usefulness but early access isn't here so we "thank the devs" it's here so we can react to the game.

This kind of dismissive thread is just as toxic as the people saying that it's "exactly like warband"

Early access is so that people can give feedback and "whine". This is why we are playing it... To let the devs know what works for us and what doesn't. That is what the forum is currently being used for.

What you seem to view as "whining kids" are infact people doing exactly what the devs need them do to. Yes things can be put in manners with varying degrees of usefulness but early access isn't here so we "thank the devs" it's here so we can react to the game.

There is whining kids
And there is critics, that actually avoid disrespectfull posts.

There is one guy that writes:
"My opinion about single player and multiplayer"
And there is another one that writes:
"TaleWorlds wtf i've waited 8 years for this ****?! "
See the difference? And there is many people writing how they are dissapointed about early access without having any clue what early access actually means. It's disrespectful towards TaleWorlds and that what makes me triggere the most.

I used to be a game developer and I would agree that constructive critism is definitely useful and helps with forward development however non-constructive criticism and blatant rants that are meant to disparage the work put into this project is actually more demotivating than it is motivating.

They know that it's buggy, they want bugs to be reported, but threads like "This is so disappointing, 8 years and this is all we get?" and "Refunding the game was the best decision I made" is not constructive criticism. It takes a really strong and passionate team to be able to keep up with consistent updates when constantly being berated.

This kind of dismissive thread is just as toxic as the people saying that it's "exactly like warband"

Not at all.

Whining achieves nothing, I tell that to my kids everyday. You can offer critique and feedback on structured, adult tones, I believe that the OP, and certainly myself are just tired of seeing the ridiculous self entitled posts and cussing out the developers.

I'm sorry but people have the right to complain and as you put it "whine". Just like none of you would criticize the people who have nothing but 100% praise for the game, you shouldn't criticize the people who have nothing but 100% dislike for the game in it's current state.

$40 for an unfinished product early access or not is not a fair asking price for Bannerlord.
$50 Is even more outrageous.

You can tell me it's EA all you want and use that to shutdown my criticisms of the game, but you cannot tell me that $50 is fair for a bunch of To-Be-Added material.

Typically EA games are not near or even remotely close to triple A price points, Bannerlord is. If the game is worth $50 when it comes out in full, raise the price to that then and deal with backlash, but you have people who have spent far too long waiting for this game and playing the beta in order to expedite the process of working out kinks and then you give them a far from cooked meal and tell them to pay as if they just went out to a restaurant.

Sure TW made a game, it's kinda fun at times. It's unfinished, I shouldn't pay near full price for unfinished, and that's where I get upset. I get more upset when it seems like they're not listening at all. I get even more upset when 90% of the new community members rush to the forums to crusade against criticism and make thread after thread, some in all caps, praising the developers and providing a completely backwards image of what the gamestate actually is.

You're being suckers to the developers and by the looks of it a lot of you would drive right off the cliff if it meant getting a chance to play your oh so long awaited Bannerlord.

Whining achieves nothing, I tell that to my kids everyday. You can offer critique and feedback on structured, adult tones, I believe that the OP, and certainly myself are just tired of seeing the ridiculous self entitled posts and cussing out the developers.
Dismissing complaints out of hand just because you are a fan of the game and no one should say anything against it at-all makes people like you the most toxic and hurtful members of the community. I love this game and yet I'm complaining, you want to know why? Because I want to see it grow and develop, there is no reason for toxic threads like this one to exist. Yes some of the criticism isn't exactly constructive, but neither is a load of rabid fanboys praising the game for finally being released and dismissing anyone who has the slightest bug or fault with it, I myself cannot even play the game currently. Yes, I do see it is frustrating to see people hate on a game you like, but that is no reason to bash anyone who has any critisism of it, no matter how valid, that sort of thing can easily turn away new players. So instead of just singing love and praise for Taleworlds and down with anyone who is having problems "Because I'm not having any.". Let's instead band together and tell Taleworlds what is missing and what should be fixed.

The game is in early access for a reason and that reason isn't to sing its praises from the rooftops and drown anyone who isn't doing likewise.

And to the person above me, I couldn't put it better myself.

ridiculous self entitled posts

You are talking about consumers who paid 45 EUR for a product that doesn't work at all.

We can demand that the game doesn't crash every time we launch it.
We can demand that everyone should be able to enter the main menu.

Early access/beta/alpha is for testing bugs, exploits, balance, performance etc.
The game shouldn't be sold via Steam if it doesn't work at all for some of us.
Not being able to start the game without a crash for no obvious reason is something that should be dealt with years before early access.

If the game was free I'd understand your point. But since we paid,we can demand that it has some basic functionality.

What you suggest sounds like going to a store, paying 45 EUR for 100 kg apples and receiving a 100kg turd and then smiling about it and thanking the person that "created" it.

Hey guys, name me three games which were extremely buggy in early access but released with even the majority of those bugs fixed.

Early access or not, the initial release is almost always more or less how the final game turns out. The reason so many people are so frustrated is that this was, statistically speaking, their last chance to fix things.

You are talking about consumers who paid 45 EUR for a product that doesn't work at all.

We can demand that the game doesn't crash every time we launch it.
We can demand that everyone should be able to enter the main menu.

Early access/beta/alpha is for testing bugs, exploits, balance, performance etc.
The game shouldn't be sold via Steam if it doesn't work at all for some of us.
Not being able to start the game without a crash for no obvious reason is something that should be dealt with years before early access.

If the game was free I'd understand your point. But since we paid,we can demand that it has some basic functionality.

What you suggest sounds like going to a store, paying 45 EUR for 100 kg apples and receiving a 100kg turd and then smiling about it and thanking the person that "created" it.

You're misinterpreting my point. There is no issue with people bringing up problems with the game. It has its flaws, though I've not had anywhere close to as many issues as others it seems.

It's the way that the messages are being sent to the developers and community.

If you buy something, and in it's description, it says there WILL be bugs, missing features, lack of content...I don't think it's fair to flame the seller or maker of the product.

They told you it wasn't ready.

Should you offer critique? Yes
Should you give feedback? Yes

Should you start screaming and insulting to get your way? No.

Try doing that at any retail store and see how it goes for you.

Typically EA games are not near or even remotely close to triple A price points, Bannerlord is. If the game is worth $50 when it comes out in full, raise the price to that then and deal with backlash, but you have people who have spent far too long waiting for this game and playing the beta in order to expedite the process of working out kinks and then you give them a far from cooked meal and tell them to pay as if they just went out to a restaurant.

Sure TW made a game, it's kinda fun at times. It's unfinished, I shouldn't pay near full price for unfinished, and that's where I get upset. I get more upset when it seems like they're not listening at all. I get even more upset when 90% of the new community members rush to the forums to crusade against criticism and make thread after thread, some in all caps, praising the developers and providing a completely backwards image of what the gamestate actually is.

Taleworlds is a business, the first month of release for any game is always going to be the most profitable. I don't believe that at it's current state it's worth $50 either (since the game has many bugs and my save game actually corrupted) with that said, Early Access is an early investment into an unfinished product. I do believe that once the game is finished that it will be worth the $50, but asking them to charge less is outrageous. That's like going into a restaurant and after eating their meal complaining that it sucks, asking for your money back, telling them that it would be good if they lowered the prices, and then leaving a 1 star review on Yelp even after dining for free. Does it happen all the time? Sure. But that kind of criticism is more damaging than helpful.

You're being suckers to the developers and by the looks of it a lot of you would drive right off the cliff if it meant getting a chance to play your oh so long awaited Bannerlord.

I hope you bought enough toilet paper from Walmart to cover the stains on your mouth from that ad hominem you just blurted out.

Back
Top Bottom