20hrs Worth of Feedback

Users who are viewing this thread

Got 20 hours under my belt so far, figured I'd start giving some feedback

Damage feels...weird? It's just jarring to see a jarid sticking out of a guy's face and look down at the "damage done" being 12, and apparently 43 of that damage was "absorbed"? Armor needs to be either better explained, or pierce damage needs to start ignoring armor. Jav's to the face should be a one hit kill, I don't care if you're wearing the best armor. In addition, using a late game bow with late game arrows...Get a headshot on a half naked looter and they still keep coming.

Also I think expert Archer doesn't work...it says "use ANY bow on horseback" and you still can't use a longbow on horseback

Melee on horseback against infantry is bafflingly inconsistent and frustrating. In Warband, yes hitboxes were different, but here in Bannerlord, the enemy can literally be too close for a swing to connect, and your sword/axe whatever will sail over their head. Needs tweaks.

Terrible performance bug. Every siege with a battering ram, as soon as the ram gets through the gate, FPS tanks to 10-15 fps, when it was previously hovering around 100. No ram? I can get through a 700 man siege a-okay. With a ram going through the gates? It'll make a heavily modded Warband performance blush

"Phantom" wars. I joined a faction (this case the precursor to the Rhodoks) and went to war against one of the Empire factions. We smash them to bits, and capture all of their territory, however...we were still at war. Couldn't find their generals at all on the map. Later in the campaign I come across the faction leader, who still led the defeated faction, we were still "at war" and yet I couldn't fight him. So my faction's diplomacy screen looks like a mess in three wars that...don't exist?

Quests being a tad unintuitive "Train X soldiers and deliver them to X castle" I'm looking at you. I wasted a dozen highborn warriors before realizing I was to talk to the garrison commander, not just donate to the garrison.

Weight needs tweaking. If you want to go on campaign with a decent force, you need a lot of food, and food weighs too damned much, and you end up with a 50 man army that goes 1.0 speed because it needs more than 10 days of food for a campaign. Yes I know the trick of horses and cattle, etc, but even with 50 horses in my inventory, I'm still double over my weight capacity (this is mostly a late game problem when you have more money than you know what to do with)

In my faction, I was offered only ONE spoil of war (granted a large city but...) and never offered one ever again, even though I conquered half of the map for my faction. Bug, or are the rest of my faction buddies greedy and don't want me getting anything? These Proto-Rhodoks would let Khergits into the faction and hand them cities and castles right and left and I'm left with my one city... Shouldn't the conqueror of the city be on the ballot, at least? Even after spending a bunch of influence...I got nothing else. (This is after these Proto-Rhodoks conquered ALL of Vlandia...even though they're still on the map somewhere...Half of the Asrai, all of Western Empire, and half of Southern Empire, me personally storming on my own about a third of the conquered cities and castles)

Speaking of, consequences of choosing one lord for a location over another should have more consequences. I doubt I budged a relationship status bar a single point even after supporting the same leader for multiple spoils of war.

Leveling...don't think it's spelled out very well, and I'm not sure I like this "focus points" idea...I feel if I just do the action, I get xp...Also considering actual levels feel much slower after about 15 or so, your focus point generation grinds to a near halt

Also unsure if bug or intended, but if you have a "draw" (let's say that everyone dies except for the last two archers, they both fire at the same time, both get killed at the same time) it goes to the enemy and you get taken prisoner, even though it's a party of 0 taking you prisoner...and you lose all your money and inventory (not what's on you)

Tournaments. I don't mind people bringing in their own armor and weapons, but also make a "tourney rules" as well where everyone has the same weapons and armor. You'll often face your companions who you've kitted out and then they become OP in the arena

Last edited:
Yes I know, but I don't want to buy about a 100 mules for me to even get close to what I need to carry...
You certainly don't need 100 mules. Pack animals (mules and sumpter horses) give you 100 carry weight each. In some places you can find mules for as little as 30 denars. Buy 10 mules and you're got 1000 extra carry weight. That's 100 units of food.

I can confirm the "expert Archer" perk does not work also the Aserai culture perk does not work as caravans cost 15k for me. I mean some of the most basic things I feel like no one tested. I don't want to know what else is not working as intended.

How do you conquer half the map in twenty hours? I'm 10 hours in and struggling to find out how to build up more than thirty people.

The Proto-Rhodoks have very good (not the best, I think the Sturgians have better elite archers) archers and very good large shield units with javelins and spears, so they can counter any cavalry (and elite archers can handle a decent cav charge with minimal fuss)

However they suffer HEAVILY in sieges due to lack of heavy armor (I'd say they're medium heavy armor? like plate and mail versus heavy plate) but in an open field battle, they're nigh unstoppable. So how to conquer? Keep sieging until the enemy sallies out, it's always a field battle. Then you have two or three defenders left, you assault the castle and boom, you're golden

Got 20 hours under my belt so far, figured I'd start giving some feedback

Damage feels...weird? It's just jarring to see a jarid sticking out of a guy's face and look down at the "damage done" being 12, and apparently 43 of that damage was "absorbed"? Armor needs to be either better explained, or pierce damage needs to start ignoring armor. Jav's to the face should be a one hit kill, I don't care if you're wearing the best armor. In addition, using a late game bow with late game arrows...Get a headshot on a half naked looter and they still keep coming.

Also I think expert Archer doesn't work...it says "use ANY bow on horseback" and you still can't use a longbow on horseback

Melee on horseback against infantry is bafflingly inconsistent and frustrating. In Warband, yes hitboxes were different, but here in Bannerlord, the enemy can literally be too close for a swing to connect, and your sword/axe whatever will sail over their head. Needs tweaks.

Terrible performance bug. Every siege with a battering ram, as soon as the ram gets through the gate, FPS tanks to 10-15 fps, when it was previously hovering around 100. No ram? I can get through a 700 man siege a-okay. With a ram going through the gates? It'll make a heavily modded Warband performance blush

"Phantom" wars. I joined a faction (this case the precursor to the Rhodoks) and went to war against one of the Empire factions. We smash them to bits, and capture all of their territory, however...we were still at war. Couldn't find their generals at all on the map. Later in the campaign I come across the faction leader, who still led the defeated faction, we were still "at war" and yet I couldn't fight him. So my faction's diplomacy screen looks like a mess in three wars that...don't exist?

Quests being a tad unintuitive "Train X soldiers and deliver them to X castle" I'm looking at you. I wasted a dozen highborn warriors before realizing I was to talk to the garrison commander, not just donate to the garrison.

Weight needs tweaking. If you want to go on campaign with a decent force, you need a lot of food, and food weighs too damned much, and you end up with a 50 man army that goes 1.0 speed because it needs more than 10 days of food for a campaign. Yes I know the trick of horses and cattle, etc, but even with 50 horses in my inventory, I'm still double over my weight capacity (this is mostly a late game problem when you have more money than you know what to do with)

In my faction, I was offered only ONE spoil of war (granted a large city but...) and never offered one ever again, even though I conquered half of the map for my faction. Bug, or are the rest of my faction buddies greedy and don't want me getting anything? These Proto-Rhodoks would let Khergits into the faction and hand them cities and castles right and left and I'm left with my one city... Shouldn't the conqueror of the city be on the ballot, at least? Even after spending a bunch of influence...I got nothing else. (This is after these Proto-Rhodoks conquered ALL of Vlandia...even though they're still on the map somewhere...Half of the Asrai, all of Western Empire, and half of Southern Empire, me personally storming on my own about a third of the conquered cities and castles)

Speaking of, consequences of choosing one lord for a location over another should have more consequences. I doubt I budged a relationship status bar a single point even after supporting the same leader for multiple spoils of war.

Leveling...don't think it's spelled out very well, and I'm not sure I like this "focus points" idea...I feel if I just do the action, I get xp...Also considering actual levels feel much slower after about 15 or so, your focus point generation grinds to a near halt

Also unsure if bug or intended, but if you have a "draw" (let's say that everyone dies except for the last two archers, they both fire at the same time, both get killed at the same time) it goes to the enemy and you get taken prisoner, even though it's a party of 0 taking you prisoner...and you lose all your money and inventory (not what's on you)

Tournaments. I don't mind people bringing in their own armor and weapons, but also make a "tourney rules" as well where everyone has the same weapons and armor. You'll often face your companions who you've kitted out and then they become OP in the arena
Weight never was a problem to me, a few horses, good amount of men and I'm ready to last whole month without needing more food, which is kinda realistic.

Leveling is good, you choose certain attributes you want your character to have and focus on them. Earning XP is slower because you'll have to play multiple characters in one playthrough and maxing every single one of them and making all of them Rambo would be unrealistic and repetitive. Instead you'll have to decide what kind of character your.. character is going to be and focus on it. For example, Roland is a great tactician and charming leader, whereas his son is fierce warrior who has no match in battle.

The Proto-Rhodoks have very good (not the best, I think the Sturgians have better elite archers) archers and very good large shield units with javelins and spears, so they can counter any cavalry (and elite archers can handle a decent cav charge with minimal fuss)

However they suffer HEAVILY in sieges due to lack of heavy armor (I'd say they're medium heavy armor? like plate and mail versus heavy plate) but in an open field battle, they're nigh unstoppable. So how to conquer? Keep sieging until the enemy sallies out, it's always a field battle. Then you have two or three defenders left, you assault the castle and boom, you're golden

Surely all the recruiting and training and getting the money to do all this and the waiting around for them to sally and then the recovery and then the move to the next castle is going to drag your playtime out a lot longer than 20 hours for half the map.

Surely all the recruiting and training and getting the money to do all this and the waiting around for them to sally and then the recovery and then the move to the next castle is going to drag your playtime out a lot longer than 20 hours for half the map.

It's early access, I was rushing to endgame to see what it was like...I only used the teleport option...I'm a cheater yes, but let's be honest, we want to stress the **** out of this game to make it better, no?

Hey, I cheated Warband for years. Mostly just see all parties and export character sheet with some QoL teleporting. And here I used a guide and teleport to get past that gods awful first mission.

I have not encountered such low damage on javelins, but the bow damage sounds accurate and yes its kinda low if you shoot a guy in the face

Weight is not an issue IMO, as you said, just buy horses and mules, I have like 8000 (80 horses) weight which means i have like 600 grain+ some trade supplies etc, which lasts a long long time. (seems to be no limit or disadvantage to just buy a bunch of mules or horses)

I agree on the spoils of war issue, I too conquered numerous castle by myself, and one with my king by just the two of us, and the damn bastard lords still take all of them. Atleast in warband if you had no fiefs you usually got voted to get the ones you conquered yourself.

I agree leveling feels slow, especially since all other lords and even companions have very very high levels. However, I been only playing for 3 years game time, and thinking a normal character would be played for like 40 years, it might even out.(still need to balance lord and companions IMO)

Tournaments are indeed in need of a mode with same armors for all.

Back
Top Bottom