Armies vs many groups ?

Users who are viewing this thread

So this isn't a suggestion as it is more a question.

In bannerlord armies are one entity composed of lords, not many groups following each others. However, the game still has the feature that if a group is nearby said army, it can join the feud.

Now that being said the IA more or less do a calculation if they will have advantage and add their number to the massive army to help.

But what about the case when many groups are stalking an army but not one of them decides to attack ?

Let me explain with more detail :

Maybe you can't see it very well but multiple enemies are overlapping on the bridge, they have been close to my army but not one dared attack even if they were together way more than my army.

The IA seems to never attack in this situation ? does it need another army ?
Because right here it's a bit dumb that they don't attack because all of them together can't form an army. Or maybe it's because they are judging together that they can't actually take on the army ?

Did anyone had a situation where this happened ?

It's not a bug it's a feature. They can't decide who should lead them (happend many times in history)

And now being serious there should be something like forcing AI to create one army composed of nearby lords in this kind of situation. It could break apart after battle.

So this isn't a suggestion as it is more a question.

In bannerlord armies are one entity composed of lords, not many groups following each others. However, the game still has the feature that if a group is nearby said army, it can join the feud.

Now that being said the IA more or less do a calculation if they will have advantage and add their number to the massive army to help.

But what about the case when many groups are stalking an army but not one of them decides to attack ?

Let me explain with more detail :

Maybe you can't see it very well but multiple enemies are overlapping on the bridge, they have been close to my army but not one dared attack even if they were together way more than my army.

The IA seems to never attack in this situation ? does it need another army ?
Because right here it's a bit dumb that they don't attack because all of them together can't form an army. Or maybe it's because they are judging together that they can't actually take on the army ?

Did anyone had a situation where this happened ?

So I've run into situations in Warband where I've had high renown, and a small army, but larger armies won't go near me because they think they'll get trounced.

I think this is similar, where I've been sieging a settlement and I'll have two or three armies just waiting around and not attacking but "stalking" me until one more shows up to tip the scales dramatically in their favor. AI won't do a 50-50 fight if it can help it

It's not just waiting for different groups. Even large armies will not attack your siege camp. It seems they cannot attack you. It is also not possible for me to attack other siege camps :-/

It's not just waiting for different groups. Even large armies will not attack your siege camp. It seems they cannot attack you. It is also not possible for me to attack other siege camps :-/

Yeah i've seen this too, it's a bit of a problem if your cannot even attack armies besieging castles.
You can still wait until they have attacked and then retake the castle evantually but it has a risk that during the preparation another army will do the exact same.

Back
Top Bottom