Bandit Hideouts need to be rebalanced.

Users who are viewing this thread

Dullathehan

Recruit
I am following the main story line and have an army of fairly well trained veterans around level 21 and am currently stuck and demoralized on collecting the last pieces of the banner. Azargos points me towards a forest bandit hideout and no matter how I seem to approach it on easy difficulty they just melt everyone. I try and stealthily take on one pocket at a time? I get melted to only having a few left by the 2nd wave, whether I have everyone shield wall together or charge from separate sides. Open field fights are cake walk yet I absolutely dread and avoid doing any bandit hideouts as they range from impossible (without having to retreat over and over throwing men into a blender night after night) or barely doable by the skin of my teeth if its a mountain bandit hideout.

I am currently just flat out hard-stuck on my campaign with zero motivation to continue because of these hideout quests. If I could wait for them to leave and ambush them with my army, encircle the hideout and close in on them, or really any other method but having to do an "ambush battle" where I take a small fraction of my army into a forest to get absolutely shredded by machine gun bandit snipers I would be happy.

The funny thing is that I have the settings on easy because I am by no means an expert and while it feels easy on open field battles and fighting in a tournament, yet these hideouts are just disproportionately hard in comparison to the rest of the game, especially forest bandit hideouts which are simply in a tier of their own.

Hopefully they get re-balanced at some point since they are nothing more than an incredibly hard challenge with an incredibly huge penalty for failing, and typically not enough payoff to make me even begin to care about attempting them in most cases. In my case they are a roadblock so overdone that I will be put off from even bothering until it is fixed.

I can't say I have done more then one or two. But I find it funny they make me wait till the middle of the night to do them. Then as soon as I crouch and snipe one dude. they whole camp seems to come running at me. It's like whats the point of attacking at night then?

There are multiple threads about this already. I'd count on it being fixed soon (-:
Yea I have been reading them since posting and it seems many people feel the same. I just wanted to voice my perspective I guess playing an easy campaign and also knowing to line my veterans up top and still getting absolutely slapped by these forest hideouts.

I can't say I have done more then one or two. But I find it funny they make me wait till the middle of the night to do them. Then as soon as I crouch and snipe one dude. they whole camp seems to come running at me. It's like whats the point of attacking at night then?
Absolutely agree! About 75% of the time I attack one pack and the next two packs wake up and start firing at me. Incredibly frustrating because the difficulty of going pack by pack is hard enough but 30-40 against 10 or less is absurd!

Have shield troops, and cheese from behind the shield wall with bow :/
See and that is why I wanted to post about it. In my opinion, if I am playing on an easy campaign, i should not have to resort to using some cheese to coast by hideouts as my final, and only for that matter, option to beat them. Part of the problem also comes from the fact that close to 75% of the time i will sneak up to a pack and begin attacking them and will start getting pelted from the side by arrows from the next pack over and watch in horror as I see the 3rd pack begin to start walking from their campfire.

Have shield troops, and cheese from behind the shield wall with bow :/
You CLEARLY havent even done a single hideout in this game, because you'd KNOW that not only can you not pick your freaking troops, and randomly the game shafts you with weak units from your party but YOU ONLY GET TO BRING 8 UNITS!!! that must be some shieldwall that you get going on there when there are 20+ bandits shooting at you with your 4 dinky archers if you are magnanimously lucky to get exactly 4 shield troops and 4 archers. Get out of here troll

anyone apologizing for the hideouts saying the player should be better is a troll. This mechanic right now is 100% broken, even on the easiest difficulty hideouts are near impossible (forest hidouts always impossible, on every difficulty), this needs to be addressed urgently, because it roadblocks the campaign, and it blocks off many villager quests. It was an AWFUL mechanic in warband and it's an AWFUL mechanic here. Devs, you've done so much work breathing life into this new calradia, WHY DID YOU HAVE TO CARRY OVER THIS STUPID STUPID STUPID HIDEOUT MECHANIC!?!?!?

sorry for rage caps, liking the game so far

You CLEARLY havent even done a single hideout in this game, because you'd KNOW that not only can you not pick your freaking troops, and randomly the game shafts you with weak units from your party but YOU ONLY GET TO BRING 8 UNITS!!! that must be some shieldwall that you get going on there when there are 20+ bandits shooting at you with your 4 dinky archers if you are magnanimously lucky to get exactly 4 shield troops and 4 archers. Get out of here troll
all my troops are infantry with shields INCLUDING companions with ones, so yes, i have done hideouts as i have KINGDOM

and i get the passive xp from leadership skill to raise them from recruits to shield holding infantry if i need to replace them as well

I find it rather stupid that you can only get 8 soldiers in a hideout attack when there are 60 on a seariders hideout

I think they should limit the bandits' numbers, I don't think it should be any less than 30, but I find it impossible to defeat 60.

and i shoot the damn enemies with my own god dam bow
And what, take 3 stacks of ammo? There's like 30 enemies in each hideout and even with headshots most of them are 2 shot kills.

I also have a full party of shield units and all but 3 of them died against the first group of bandits simply because the bandits threw spears that they didn't block. Add to that that the bandits also had large shields and they're essentially impossible to beat.

I was able to successfully do a hideout and got a set of armor worth 21k. That was pretty nice.

But yeah, they're currently unreasonably hard and the fact that you can't even pick your troops feels unfair.

The problem for me isnt even the enemies its the fact that hideouts re-spawn immediately, I have destroyed the same hideout 5 times in a row because if I walk away and walk back some new mountain bandits re-establised it in the same god damn spot. I have destroyed it 3 times in the same night but it doesnt matter because it just keeps coming back

Last edited:
I've done a few of them without too much trouble, but because I chose the ones with less than 15 guys.
Now some villages asked me to clear a hideout, and it's full of like 25 "machine gun snipers".
Why are we only allowed so few fighters??? And why can't we even select them???

This completely eludes me, it makes no sense to me.
Now I have to fail this quest because I cannot complete it, even with Vladian Sergents and other top tier troops.

all my troops are infantry with shields INCLUDING companions with ones, so yes, i have done hideouts as i have KINGDOM
I find it funny you managed to kill an entire bandit camp with 32 arrows when it takes 2-4 arrows per bandit and theres 20+ bandits...

I find it funny you managed to kill an entire bandit camp with 32 arrows when it takes 2-4 arrows per bandit and theres 20+ bandits...

I was also having trouble on that particular hideout for a piece of the banner, but it just so happened that one of the notables in marunath had a mission to take down forest bandit parties, which prompted all but 1 of the parties hanging in the hideout to come out, so I picked them all off on normal battles, then the hideout was a piece of cake of course.

But it's still very doable even with them all there, like it was said concentrate on shielded infantry, and I do believe that if you leave them at the top of your party list they'll have a better chance of being picked, you order them to form a shieldwall and to follow you, then just creep on the bastards with your shields up and once you're at striking distance they're really weak, specially against proper infantry.

Back
Top Bottom