What small Quality of Life improvements would you want TW to implement?

Users who are viewing this thread

-sort troops by class (I was dead sure it would be in Bannerlord after not being in Warband, I guess not)
-don't load the game for every single lord (after capturing them) just spawn them in the same box and turn the camera or sth...

1) Choose which weapon your units equip, especially for captain mode

2) Allow enterprises to stash their inventory so we can manually sell their goods. This would also make trading much more viable.

3) Estimated profits for enterprises and caravans before you buy them

4) allow troops to continue fighting in hideouts if you get knocked out instead of making it an instant loss

-Keep your previous influence instead of starting from 0 again when you start your own kingdom. Having to farm looters just to have enough influence because you can't start a war, form armies, or make policy changes is very annoying and not something a king should do.

-Have a button in the encyclopedia that leads you on the map to whatever fief you are trying to find.

-A button to sort the kingdom policies based on influence, taxes, garrison, voting power, ect.

-A option to not physically have to enter the fief to purchase a workshop or stash.

-More dialogue options for other parties in your clan like commanding them to patrol a fief or follow you. They are literally a separate army from your clan you pay wages for so should not need to spend influence to form an army with them.

-Options to change the gear of companions sent on caravans or other parties.

Last edited:
-talking to an npc through the quick access menu should not take you through a loading screen just to teleport you to the conversation. I'm using the quick menu to avoids loading screens and the like.

-Give me some way to properly overview my relationships to people. As far as I'm aware I have to go the heroes tab in and look up each character by name. In warband we had categories that sorted people into friends and enemies.. I have no idea my general status within my faction right now.

-hostile engagement option that skips any dialogue and goes straight into combat setup, after a while you'll never want to speak to a looteror a bandit

No worries! The quest is actually pretty cool after you finish talking to all the nobles, admittedly finding them is a bit tedious. I think its to encourage players to explore the whole map when they first start as opposed to sticking in one region till later on in the game. good luck!

My only problem with it is now that I am down to the last noble, where the hell am I supposed to find him. I mean trying to find one random noble out of hundreds that could be anywhere on the map, AFTER you have traversed the entire map twice over, gets frustrating.

The biggest quality of life improvement I could use is that it be more clear how to raise certain skills. For example, I can't seem to get my charm skill to go up at all. It says to interact with NPCs but I have been talking to them and running quests for 15 hours now and have not gained one XP. Same for leadership. Somehow after 15 hours, I manged to get it to go up one point.

Controlling which troops and how many you bring in to raid bandit lairs would be great. Not losing your entire party if you get knocked out while attacking a bandit lair would also be nice.

Also, for the trade skill, where are your profits marked? Is this implemented yet? Because if so it should be made clearer.

Controlling which troops and how many you bring in to raid bandit lairs would be great. Not losing your entire party if you get knocked out while attacking a bandit lair would also be nice.

Also, for the trade skill, where are your profits marked? Is this implemented yet? Because if so it should be made clearer.
You know... actually being able to control which units you wanna field in most combat scenarios would be really nice.
I also wondered about the trade skill profit thing.

Rather than use their comapnions, I would like to be able to generate my own, in the same way as I generate my main character. I want to play with my own fantasy crew, not their NPCs.

- safing my character layout, so i dont have to redo my face all the time
- inverting attack direction, it allows for different mouse handling where it comes to footwork
- allowing to bind keys by replacing already binded keys.
It is more of a hustle to first search a key which is not binded, then switch out what you want to have a certain key and then finally bind the key, then go back and and bind those functions you unbound because you wanted that key.

edit: things which were available in warband, but i did not find here sofar or am missing something myself
To save you character face here is how. When you are in character face creation(where sliders are) press CTRL+C then you can paste the text in notebook or something and save it on your computer. Then next time you are creating a character copy that text and the go to the character creation, make sure you are at the point you can change sliders. Then press CTL+V to paste the saved face.

"You should be able to choose your Main companion when visiting cities.The one that follows you by default."

Not real sure what Taleworld's was thinking with this one? Really breaks immersion when you have zero control over you companions.

Option for 2D Parley that skips the 3D scene for interacting with parties on the map and notables in settlements. Looks worse (just display a static picture), but saves a loading screen that takes longer than your interaction.

A way to contact people and arrange meetings. Chasing around someone over half their map as you go from village to village to get the most up to date info is tedious and frustrating. I just wanna talk to X

This is a very minor thing but I would really like to have a "you are over that way" marker showing me where my character is on the map. I spend a lot of time scrolling around to look for things on the map or just generally checking it out and it would be nice if I had a marker pointing in the direction on the map where my character was located. Or at the very least a "center on party" button to get me back to my party in a hurry if I forget where they are. This was a problem in Warband too. I would always forget where I'd left my party if I was planning out an especially long route to a distant city or just exploring the more distant regions of the map and I feel like one or both of these would make for a pretty good fix for this issue. Like I said, it's more of a minor niggle than an actual problem but I wanted to mention it nonetheless.

Excellent news for you sir, this system already exists. You will see a portrait of your character on the side of screen somewhere that you can click on and it will centre your camera on your character.

Back
Top Bottom