Colored Armor/Clothing

Users who are viewing this thread

I'm playing Bannerlord right now and wanted to ask if others find it strange that all armor and clothing is in the color of their own banner.
Somehow I think it's stupid that there are no clothes or armour with own colours. In Warband it was very special to have a coat of arms with your own banner and in Bannerlord there are just too many things that are in the banner colors. The battlefields are just too colourful for me.
Above all, I think it's somehow unrealistic that recruited soldiers can afford to dye their clothes/armour blue for example.

I like it too, though I think it'd be even better if, as OP mentions, low-tier troops had more generic equipment.
I've also noticed companions' clothes changing colour randomly.

I also think it looks a bit silly. It makes me feel like a Warband arena fighter or a 2000s rapper in an all matching velour tracksuit.

I understand perfectly making my troops color match the Faction/Clan they're a part of, but let my companions and myself choose what colors we want to wear.

I also hate that when I join a faction, my banner colors change. Why let me choose my own banner, if you're going to change it as soon as I join a faction?

Its perfect in my opinion. Works similar to heraldic items in Warband, what we need is alternative colours like we had with shields in Viking conquest. So instead of having all red with Vlandians it could go like Red/White/Yellow/Orange combinations on hoods and armors.

I've noticed the color changing. For example. sometimes my companions will all be accented in light blue, then the next time I'm doing the inventory shuffle, I'll notice all the accent colors are puple.

I cant figure out the rhyme to it yet.

Yeah, just looks silly and personally is immersion breaking, maybe a fix would be to let itens have colours of their own, but open the possibility to dye the clothing with your banner color scheme in the trading screen of towns, for a really small amount (itens with colours of their own - banner colours as an affordable service).

Created an account just to say I hate the colors. Why does my character have red pants, red shirt, red scarf, and red head wrap? Why does every single guy he commands look like a red power ranger?

Absolutely ruins the immersion.

I'm playing Bannerlord right now and wanted to ask if others find it strange that all armor and clothing is in the color of their own banner.
Somehow I think it's stupid that there are no clothes or armour with own colours. In Warband it was very special to have a coat of arms with your own banner and in Bannerlord there are just too many things that are in the banner colors. The battlefields are just too colourful for me.
Above all, I think it's somehow unrealistic that recruited soldiers can afford to dye their clothes/armour blue for example.
This is actually something I like. Though if it's true that colours get set to faction colours when you join one, that kind of stinks.

Also, I've figured out the factor behind the companion colour change bug. They change their colour to whatever faction you are in the territory of. If you visit a Battanian city, for example, they'll all turn green.

Yeah, I don't like the color changes. Like, it makes sense that SOME things would be colored. I don't mind having my capes being the same color as my banners, for example -- but capes are accent pieces. Having the entire outfit change color is silly, especially when it's clearly parts of the outfit that aren't meant to change color (like metal).

I had a bug once that seemed to reset my colors to transparent. It was such a nice bug, every clothing item had the default colors the NPCs use and I looked less like a ridiculous goofball. I don't know how I can get that bug back. :sad:

I've noticed that it seems to be tied to the faction of the last town (maybe village) you visited. Eg. Vlandian will make them Red, Empire Blue/Pink/Purple etc.

Yeah, just looks silly and personally is immersion breaking, maybe a fix would be to let itens have colours of their own, but open the possibility to dye the clothing with your banner color scheme in the trading screen of towns, for a really small amount (itens with colours of their own - banner colours as an affordable service).
This would be my preference

hi
anyone know how to maybe swap or change the colors of factions? I'd change them around a bit and maybe choose dimmer versions for more more immersion.
or might anyone know how to untie your own colour from the faction you joined?

(you can probably do it through banner_icons file somehow, so far i figured how to change the colour of faction banners and their shields, sadly the clothing colors stay vanila in-game)

Back
Top Bottom