[Guide] Optimising single-player performance - Stuttering? Got 8gb RAM? This might help

Users who are viewing this thread

what kind off chraphics cards do you have just curious i saw its pretty demanding game even a guy with rtx 2080 12gb of ram had problems and maybe a bug now I'm very curious how my 8gb ram is gonna hold up when i buy it with early acces and all

I have this specs:

win 10
i5 8th gen 2.3 ghz
gtx 1060 2 gb
8gb ram obiviously

looking true all the bugs and waiting if it's that bad to buy seen some threads and some bugs but if my pc can't handle it that well hmm interesting post

Last edited:
what kind off chraphics cards do you have just curious i saw its pretty demanding game even a guy with rtx 2080 12gb of ram had problems and maybe a bug now I'm very curious how my 8gb ram is gonna hold up when i buy it with early acces and all

I have this specs:

i5 8th gen 2.3 ghz
gtx 1060 2 gb
8gb ram obiviously

looking true all the bugs and waiting if it's that bad to buy seen some threads and some bugs but if my pc can't handle it hmm interesting post
Yeah, the RAM will be a bottleneck at this time. Whether the game gets optimised to the point 8gb is adequate, or whether the nominal system requirements will be changed is up in the air at the moment.
You could always give it a try and refund the game if you find the performance intolerable - just make sure to blast through character creation so you don't spend those 2 hours before getting to the gameplay segments. I'd also recommend following the tips in the OP beforehand for the same reason.
You'll know by the tutorial section whether you have issues with the current version's performance.

Yeah, the RAM will be a bottleneck at this time. Whether the game gets optimised to the point 8gb is adequate, or whether the nominal system requirements will be changed is up in the air at the moment.
You could always give it a try and refund the game if you find the performance intolerable - just make sure to blast through character creation so you don't spend those 2 hours before getting to the gameplay segments. I'd also recommend following the tips in the OP beforehand for the same reason.
You'll know by the tutorial section whether you have issues with the current version's performance.
or do you know your pc specs??

im updating from windows 7 to windows 10 now, ill post findings

also maxing my hdd's page file
if i have to overclock my cpu next and risk total meltdown for bannerlord, SO BE IT

I played the game >10 hours non stop and I had to restart it. I have 32 GB RAM. Esp. loading times become longer and longer. I'm sure this can be fixed. For now, just restart the game on a regular basis.

Overall performance is good, >60 fps most of the time. But there are some special circumstances which roast my hardware, resulting in massive FPS drops:
  • Multiplayer - Desert map in Skirmish mode, standing near flag A (player can see all houses in the distances, nothing to hide from the renderer). My friend once got catapulted out of the map and you can clearly see a lot of assets outside of the map. They are just cosmetic but most likely copies of the detailed houses used here and there. So there is the same issue like in Warband: if you look in a direction with too many assets, fps drop significantly. What helps? Less assets, optimized cosmetic assets, LOD improvements (low poly, reduce texture size)
  • Singleplayer: Tournament sites - most likely for the same reasons. TBH I don't understand why arenas have the worst performance in every city - you can't see much outside of it. Are assets still fully rendered, so fps drops?
I guess it has something to do with a mix of missing LOD models and big sceneries with too many assets around.

TtT4fBn.png

Last edited:
Gonna post it here too.

5U1pejM.png

The game starts at 6-ish GB of RAM usage, hey, thats still two GB free right?

RIztYh7.png

This is after 90-ish minutes of gameplay.
Follow the guide, but you are, in the end, always going to choke on the ram if you have just 8GB, as there seems to be issues with memory leak

EDIT:
Additonally, what came to my mind, you can use "Memory Cleaner", and set it to constantly clear memory when usage exeeds 80%, its worth giving it a shot. Works in Escape for Tarkov for a lot of people, cant say it will work here
Just check the first two options in "Options" and give it a go.

Ofc, this is all just bandaid that dont fix anything until you get more ram, or the devs fix the memory leak
This is is kinda hilarious honestly. Almost 10GB of RAM being used. I just did a custom battle 250v250 and RAM usage never exceeded 2.5GB, and even after the battle ended, about 2.2GB was being used. Seems pretty suspicious to me.

I think taleworlds with 20 years behind them in making games knows about frustum culling :ROFLMAO:
They know about it, sure. I don't think they make use of it in large scale. It's frustrating if you have bad fps in the most important situations (Skirmish fight at flag, tournaments in singleplayer)

This is is kinda hilarious honestly. Almost 10GB of RAM being used. I just did a custom battle 250v250 and RAM usage never exceeded 2.5GB, and even after the battle ended, about 2.2GB was being used. Seems pretty suspicious to me.
Because were talking about commited memory here, what the app chomped away for itself, in combination of pagefile and actual RAM, although it seems it takes mostly the actual RAM.
What you see when you open Task Manager is just the working portion (working set, in the pictures), but you dont see what the game has commited.
Normally it wouldnt really be a problem if it would be actually pagefile, then it would be completely ok, but it doesnt seem to be, as 9/10 people with 8GB have issues of stuttering.

Back
Top Bottom