Anyone know how to add a new font?

Users who are viewing this thread

Anyone know how to add a new font?
The game uses bitmap fonts and reads font data (.fnt), but fails to load font images (.png).

The content of the file (GauntletUI \ spriteData.xml) should be modified with reference to the existing font to avoid a crash.

However, all of the sprites in [Mount & Blade II Bannerlord \ GUI \ GauntletUI] are dummy. It works fine even if I erase it.

Need to create a new mod?
Or is it possible with a simple fix?

I can not speak English very well.
Let me know if I violate the thread or forum guidelines.
Or should I post a question elsewhere?
-Google translation

Last edited:
It seems the file "Languages.xml" has something to do with it as well, try changing the name of the font there to a font you have in the folders.
Thank you for your attention.

However, I have checked the normal operation of the translation file (language \ local \ *. Xml) and Language.xml (language and font settings).
All fixes work fine.

Unlike Warband, bannerload does not read image resources.
-Google translation

Upvote 0
What about \Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\Modules\Native\GUI\Brushes\Font.xml?

Because they said everything is modular, probably made most things inside the module folder, like in Warband before.

Upvote 0
What about \Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\Modules\Native\GUI\Brushes\Font.xml?

Because they said everything is modular, probably made most things inside the module folder, like in Warband before.

[Native\GUI\Brushes\Font.xml]은 ui의 스타일 설정으로 보입니다.
<Brush Name="RightAlignedFont" Font="Galahad" TextHorizontalAlignment="Right">에서 Font="Galahad"는 Language.xml의
<Map From="Galahad" To="simkai"/>에서 다른 폰트로 치환되는것같습니다.

Upvote 0
You might want to use Notepad++ and use Text search to search the entire Bannerlord folder for "font" and see where it appears!

Thanks for your attention.
I already tried it.

In pack_10.tpac ~ pack_17.tpac files
... ui_fonts_8 ... $BASE/Modules/Native/AssetSources/GauntletUI/ui_fonts_8.png ...

I found this. So I think the font images and all other images are packaged in .tpac.

Upvote 0
That's weird and not "modular" at all, they should've left the fonts in the base folder.
Please let us know if you have any success in changing it.

Some programmers in our community have looked around and thought we should modify the game system or modulate it.

We are waiting for the Moding Tool.

I'll let you know when I find out something new.

Thanks for your attention .

Upvote 0
Hi everyone !
It looks difficult more than Warband by the game reads data in files .tpac ( Modules\Native\AssetPackages )

You can read and translate files .xml in Modules but you can't build them to files .tpac . It's a secret tool for developer only, but you can translate all .xml then send them to developer for requesting a build . I quess so .

Same you, I hope developer can release mod tools as soon as possible. This is a wonderful game for modders .

Best regards !

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom