SA players, do you want to play in official low ping servers?

• Yeah, I want to play in official south american servers

Votes: 71 79.8%
  • No, it doesn't bother me at all to play somewhere else

Votes: 18 20.2%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

This has been an issue we have discussed within SA for the last couple of months, since Bannerlord started to arise with activity as the release of the game was coming, "will there be servers for us? I want to play officials and competitively."

We went to Gamescom last year, with the owner of the host in Argentina (Mono) to specifically play BL Beta and to have a little chat with the devs. After some conversation with them about the game in general, finally a question that I had reminded myself of a couple times before, rose up in my head, "are you guys considering having official servers in the South American region?". Talewords didn't think of setting up some servers for us, atleast at the moment, that's what they told us.
I really want in the future or even after seeing this poll, for TW to reconsider this, since they will be losing a really good community that has been with them long time ago without them knowing.
Not having a server means that SA players will have to avoid official queue or play with 150-180 ping in american servers. It's sad, even tho we have the same active people as NA does, and at the time, more. (Atleast in competitive).
We haven't really been showing activity over the years (exception on this past few months) because we used a private Argentinian forum, but since our tournies are now being posted here in a different format, I would appreciate if the devs could really take a look into SA statistics and really think about getting atleast a server in Brasil.

All requests have been kinda overlooked by Talewords, so I'm going to make a public thread now, trying to get their attention a little bit more.
Please sign this poll in order to let Talewords know we're here, we exist and we want to play in an official server with low ping, this would improve our hype for BL from the start of the release of the game, putting up more events, tournaments and etc, more players in general will desire to stay to play the game and not just begone after a week of playing with 1 second of delay in MP.

I hope the devs or the guys in marketing takes a really deep look at this and sees the profit there is in helping our community a little by just providing an official server.
Dude we not have ASİA sevrer doesn't exist yet only have china,eu and us but this is only beta, in ea ı hope south american and many other servers will come
(This game made in Turkey so ı hope special and official Turkey servers will come)

What makes this game's multiplayer awesome is because it's SKILL based real time pvp. So timing between attack and defense makes a huge impact in the game's combat system. It's very important for us to have a server. I really hope after such a successful release TaleWorlds wont let us down! Come on, we waited years for this moment.

What makes this game's multiplayer awesome is because it's SKILL based real time pvp. So timing between attack and defense makes a huge impact in the game's combat system. It's very important for us to have a server. I really hope after such a successful release TaleWorlds wont let us down! Come on, we waited years for this moment.
this

After so many years of development and effort, it wouldn't be wise to lose momentum on release just to save money on a server.

It's not just money, there are logistical concerns as well. You need to physically send someone over to treat with foreign businessmen to find good hosts. Plus there are regional internet laws to consider.

Have you heard about cloud computing?

What does that have to do with it? The data still needs to go to a physical server in the region. If you mean letting users' computers act as the server, there are so many potential issues with that solution that I don't even feel like going into them all. Putting control of your official servers in the hands of private users is a disaster waiting to happen.

What does that have to do with it? The data still needs to go to a physical server in the region. If you mean letting users' computers act as the server, there are so many potential issues with that solution that I don't even feel like going into them all. Putting control of your official servers in the hands of private users is a disaster waiting to happen.
You clearly don't know how cloud computing works, so I'll explain.
the 3 main cloud providers are Amazon, Google and Microsoft, essentially, you pay to get hardware resources automatically assigned to your account on demand.

You can order as much as you want, and these companies comply to the highest security standards.
For instance I can create a windows or linux server in japan in less than 5 minutes, and it would only cost me 5-10 usd per month.

What you said about users computers acting as a server is called a peer-to-peer server network, I never suggested something like that.

Yes please, it can neither be so difficult nor expensive setting up one on AWS, Azure or whatever...

Additionally looking forward to the release of server files, so users can run their own servers.

Here I just created an account to reply on this, and second the motion please make SA servers a thing... Hell even if we have to pay for them to exist like dome sort of kickstarter it would be the first time I ever donate to something because I love this game a lot but playing with 150 ping online makes me really sad :sad:

it absolutely needs a south american server, specially because this is NOT a single player game.
Single player is a bonus.

Here I just created an account to reply on this, and second the motion please make SA servers a thing... Hell even if we have to pay for them to exist like dome sort of kickstarter it would be the first time I ever donate to something because I love this game a lot but playing with 150 ping online makes me really sad :sad:
The dream is dead my friend

But why, what happened to say that the dream is dead? D:
There are several threads asking for SA servers back from February that got replied with basically denial, wether it was the server provider fault or the lack of players, the devs never gave a clear answer on why they couldn't get the south american community servers, the thing is we wont get servers during the early access and I bet my ass we won't get them in release either, and at this point were the NA servers are struggling with players we can just forget about it and look for another game to play. That is one of the reasons I left the game but whatever, I don't even care about multiplayer at all now
if you really want to play MP wait for the dedicated seevers

There are several threads asking for SA servers back from February that got replied with basically denial, wether it was the server provider fault or the lack of players, the devs never gave a clear answer on why they couldn't get the south american community servers, the thing is we wont get servers during the early access and I bet my ass we won't get them in release either, and at this point were the NA servers are struggling with players we can just forget about it and look for another game to play. That is one of the reasons I left the game but whatever, I don't even care about multiplayer at all now
if you really want to play MP wait for the dedicated seevers

Oh well that really makes me sad... I hope they change their mind or atleast gives us the option to do dedicated servers like warband I really love this game more than any other rpg or rts ?

Back
Top Bottom