[BUG] Family Feud Quest

Users who are viewing this thread

I completed this quest a couple of times, but I was given it again, and this time it wouldn't let me progress the quest and it eventually failed, but the family member was stuck in my party as a companion permanently.

Steps
  1. I spoke to the quest giver, he told me to talk to his family member who killed someone and needed protection.
  2. I spoke to the family member, he joined my party and we were meant to go to another village to confront the other family.
  3. I went to the other village, though the initial family member who joined my party wouldn't enter the village with me and thus wouldn't trigger the dialog with the other family.
  4. Since it wasn't working, I went and completed the "Rival Gang" quest in a nearby city. After I completed the Rival Gang quest it said that the family member in my party had been killed (untrue) and the Family Feud quest failed
  5. I'm now stuck with the family member in my party as a useless permanent Clan Member/Companion.

I have encountered another problem with this quest:
The villager would only give me 5 days to complete it, but unfortunately, the village where I had to go with the Son to talk about the Feud had been looted. I waited 4 days next to this village, and it was still looted, so I could not talk to anyone.
Eventually, those days past by and the quest failed... Kind of a shame because the guy who gave me the quest is now furious at me, and I could not do anything about it.

Now I'm kind of stuck with his son in my party, "Tynops of Montos", which is quite funny XD

Last edited:
I have an issue with it too. When I'm about to kill the feud guy in the village, he and his men suddenly sheath their weapons and act all normal. He starts talking to me and the quest can't go anywhere.

Across two different instances of this quest, I've had different issues occur. The first was the same issue reported by imperialbastard above.

The second issue is that the brown quest notifer *does trigger*, but when I go to talk to the second village head, they say "No offence, but your duties may conflict/interfere" and then nothing else happens - as if they think I'm trying to start another version of the same quest?

If needed, I can upload a savefile here.

Where do you guys find the son of the quest giver? I haven't been able to locate him. I'm assuming he's in the village where you receive the quest, though there's no indicator of that being true. Do you just ride around and talk to everyone like in Warband? That kinda sucks cause the villages are quite big in Bannerlord. I rode around for a good 15 minutes without finding him.

I'm also stuck with a useless party member after failing the quest, when I went to try and complete it I failed at diplomacy and the other family attacked me; I killed 2 of them but when I attacked the main guy a dialog started and it bugged out. Everyone sheathed their weapons and carried on like nothing happened and the guy that was with me is still alive but the quest says he died. It's annoying to have this guy in my party please fix this.

5. I'm now stuck with the family member in my party as a useless permanent Clan Member/Companion.
You can get rid of those Quest-NPC's by kicking them from your clan in the Clan[L] Menu.

Where do you guys find the son of the quest giver? I haven't been able to locate him. I'm assuming he's in the village where you receive the quest, though there's no indicator of that being true. Do you just ride around and talk to everyone like in Warband? That kinda sucks cause the villages are quite big in Bannerlord. I rode around for a good 15 minutes without finding him.

You can find them in the same city. Keep looking for the name of the son while holding down alt, as he will be highlighted.

Last edited:
So I got around it. I reloaded like I had been doing, and I choose the middle dialogue option where you have a chance to persuade him. Usually it fails, but this time I succeded in convincing him. The quest was a success and the teen left my party. The guy who gave it to me acknowledged I did it too.

Might have a fix,
I had this issue then did 2 things:

Firstly, accepting this quest may push you over the companion limit, so tell one of your companions to stay in the village, Top Right of the screen when in the village menu, You can check your companion limit by going into the Clan Screen by pressing L by default.

Second, i placed the family member at the bottom of my companions in the party screen

Edit*
Seems to also only work in daytime

I'm not certain if this fixed it, or it's just random, but it's something to try at least.

Let me know if it works if you try it, thanks.

Last edited:
Hi guys,

I found a fix.

Go to the village where you supposed to bring the lad to meet the village chief.
Top right of the village allows you to place that lad into the village.

Go in town and talk to the chief.
If going in town talking to chief doesn't work, click on chief on his portrait on village overview and click Talk to him.

Be prepared for a fight.

ps. clicking on chief and talking to him may make impossible to rescue him (due to gangbashing on that lad)

Last edited:
i
I completed this quest a couple of times, but I was given it again, and this time it wouldn't let me progress the quest and it eventually failed, but the family member was stuck in my party as a companion permanently.

Steps
  1. I spoke to the quest giver, he told me to talk to his family member who killed someone and needed protection.
  2. I spoke to the family member, he joined my party and we were meant to go to another village to confront the other family.
  3. I went to the other village, though the initial family member who joined my party wouldn't enter the village with me and thus wouldn't trigger the dialog with the other family.
  4. Since it wasn't working, I went and completed the "Rival Gang" quest in a nearby city. After I completed the Rival Gang quest it said that the family member in my party had been killed (untrue) and the Family Feud quest failed
i have the same issue here

Another way you can try to get around the bug:
1) Get to the village with the son
2) Click the + on the top right and leave the son in the village
3) Talk to the son
4) Ask him to lead you to the target
5) Enjoy the lazy stroll with the son to the target
6) Talk to target
7) Profit!

Convoluted and counter-intuitive but it worked for me.

Press ALT when you're looking for him, his name will pop up.

Still.....
Burned looted village is my issue. Shouldn't there be an option to report back to quest giver that the family feud can't be resolved because the town in question has been destroyed?

Back
Top Bottom