The AI just spams attacks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Emothic

Recruit
God damn the AI just contently spams attacks and never gives you the ability to attack. Even with the A.I. set on the easiest difficulty I can't ever attack them. And when I do attack them my attacks are so slow that they hit me first and cancel my animation so I don't do any damage. I'm spending 80% of my fights just holding up my shield because don't I get spammed attack and lose half of my HP just trying to hit the AI once.

Hell the only way I know how to counter this is to just spam my own attacks, but if the A.I. manages to counter you, then you're done. The combat in this game is worse then Warband. Yeah Warband combat system had it's problems, but at least it seem more balanced then this.

Yeah it does, and it's amazing! It is actually a challenge to kill them now. Try blocking then using a shield bash or push by holding RMB then pressing E. This will open them up for an attack if you're quick enough. Either that or move around them and swing in the opposite direction

You mean the A.I isn't predictable and braindead? They use feints, defend against your own and use different patterns every time when attacking is what I've noticed. Huge improvement IMO and you're probably just bad :smile:

You mean the A.I isn't predictable and braindead? They use feints, defend against your own and use different patterns every time when attacking is what I've noticed. Huge improvement IMO and you're probably just bad :smile:

If that was actually the case, but it's not. All it does is Attack, attack, attack, attack, attack, attack, attack, attack, attack........ I try to attack because I get tired of just standing there, a.i. hits me first because it's faster.

You know who else just spams attacks?

Actual practitioners of battlefield martial arts.

And by logical extension, actual ancient warriors in a battlefield scenario. There's a reason heavy plate armor won the day. It wasn't a contest of skill so much as a contest of stamina and wealth.

You know who else just spams attacks?

Actual practitioners of battlefield martial arts.

And by logical extension, actual ancient warriors in a battlefield scenario. There's a reason heavy plate armor won the day. It wasn't a contest of skill so much as a contest of stamina and wealth.

The game isn't a simulation. Moreover people in real life have stamina, they tire and fatigue after constant activity. Like attacking. Stamina, isn't in the game.

The game isn't a simulation. Moreover people in real life have stamina, they tire and fatigue after constant activity. Like attacking. Stamina, isn't in the game.

The game aims to get fairly close to a simulation of medieval battlefield scenarios. No other game comes as close, at any rate. And yes, while you're right about stamina, I have terrible cardio and I can swing a longsword a good 20 times in a row before I start to feel winded. They weigh like two and a half pounds tops. In the time it takes the AI to overwhelm you, they wouldn't be getting tired yet.

My advice... Change your outlook. You're not seeing it as a simulation, and that's the problem. Get on the line. Get in the shieldwall. Stand with your men. Better yet, stand behind your men and let them do most of the fighting, like a real commander. That's the bread and butter of the game. Just like in real life, even a great warrior can be felled if he's allowing the enemy to multiply force against him tenfold. Stick with your men and pick your openings judiciously. Use your formation to keep the enemy in front of you.

The game aims to get fairly close to a simulation of medieval battlefield scenarios. No other game comes as close, at any rate. And yes, while you're right about stamina, I have terrible cardio and I can swing a longsword a good 20 times in a row before I start to feel winded. They weigh like two and a half pounds tops.

Not to mention real warriors would spend their lives training and on top of that it's a life and death situation a little something called adrenaline kicks in... Anyhow I've played 6hours today on the hardest difficulty and I haven't had this "spam" problem I'm usually the one spamming out attacks.

Not to mention real warriors would spend their lives training and on top of that it's a life and death situation a little something called adrenaline kicks in... Anyhow I've played 6hours today on the hardest difficulty and I haven't had this "spam" problem I'm usually the one spamming out attacks.

I've only had it in the arena, when I get mobbed by two or three guys. On the battlefield, I'm careful to not give enemies an opportunity to single me out and wolfpack me, so I haven't had issues with it yet. It also helps that I fight with a spear.

you just got to time it right as soon you block strike fast if your fast enough you can hit a combo .... i play mines on all realistic setting just no death

Emo your just bad on youtube you can see gameplay which shows you need skill

Spamming attacks against the AI is not considered skill. It's just spamming attacks.

The game aims to get fairly close to a simulation of medieval battlefield scenarios. No other game comes as close, at any rate. And yes, while you're right about stamina, I have terrible cardio and I can swing a longsword a good 20 times in a row before I start to feel winded. They weigh like two and a half pounds tops. In the time it takes the AI to overwhelm you, they wouldn't be getting tired yet.

My advice... Change your outlook. You're not seeing it as a simulation, and that's the problem. Get on the line. Get in the shieldwall. Stand with your men. Better yet, stand behind your men and let them do most of the fighting, like a real commander. That's the bread and butter of the game. Just like in real life, even a great warrior can be felled if he's allowing the enemy to multiply force against him tenfold. Stick with your men and pick your openings judiciously. Use your formation to keep the enemy in front of you.

None that helps in a 1 v 1 situation.

All I ever seen is the enemy attack, I don't ever really see them actually defend when I attack. Game is still in early access, could be that the lower difficulties are bugged.
you just got to time it right as soon you block strike fast if your fast enough you can hit a combo .... i play mines on all realistic setting just no death

Yea, i've been doing that. However my character isn't fast enough. If I'm lucky I can trade hits, but I don't have the HP and attack power to out DPS the enemy in such a manner.
I don't ever see the enemy defend. Just attacks over an over again. Game is still early access, most likely low difficultly level is bug.

They do block watch youtube and search up bannerlord you see people who been playing for hours

So why don't they block when I attack them? Tell me that. If they are blocking for those people, why aren't they hardly ever blocking when I attack? I can spam attack them, hit them 4 times and they don't even try to defend, they just do nothing but attack as well.

Get on the line. Get in the shieldwall. Stand with your men.

There is a quest where you don't get to bring any men. The AI simply attacks you continuously with inhuman speed. I struck one guy three times in the head with my mace (their leader) and he did not go down. He just kept on attacking...

I have been massacring looters on horseback quite easily and I aced the combat in the training field easily. I have no idea why the melee combat is so insane at times, but it's more like fighting robots than men. I think the levels of some NPCs will require some serious nerfing.

So why don't they block when I attack them? Tell me that. If they are blocking for those people, why aren't they hardly ever blocking when I attack? I can spam attack them, hit them 4 times and they don't even try to defend, they just do nothing but attack as well.
I take it the AI has realized you are so bad at the game that it has no need to defend against you and all it has to do is ROFL Stomp your face. Because you don't take the time to learn how to actually play the game correctly and you are to easily frustrated to the point it knows to spam ROFL stomp your face attack attack tactic is the way to go against you. Have you considered this might be your real issue?

Back
Top Bottom