SP - Player, NPCs & Troops Make aging an option.

Users who are viewing this thread

So I started at the age of 30, and every 30 days in game is a year. I have played 60 ingame days and I am now 32. I get that children need to grow up and with death enabled kids need to grow up faster than they are killed off, Why not make it 90 ingame days are a year, and kids grow up twice as fast to 16. Or 90 in game days children grow up to be teenagers, and every 90 days for adults goes up by one year. I just want to be able to play with my character longer, I guess I don't want my character getting old so quickly. Although when I die I will play as my son or daughter but still.
(Edit) After 160 in game days I am still 32) However I would like to add I do not like how I start off at 32, That is really old in my eyes, to be a adventurer or, anything.

LeyJo.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree. Maybe they can add an option at the start of a game regarding time. I would love to try to play in "real time", meaning 12 in game months = one year. I am not sure if this works but I would also prefer to play with my starting character a bit longer.

If I understand correctly Warband did not have this kind of mechanic, so how about an option in the beginning of the campaign on character's aging (or lack of)?

An option to select like 30/60/90 days = 1 year and maybe a toggle to have children grow twice or thrice as fast until adulthood would be really neat

These are excellent ideas yes its to fast, but making a option to select would make the most people happy in the long run. In the short term, as I would think they will be focused on other problems right now, with crashes and bugs hopefully a modder can put longer days to years in.

An option to select like 30/60/90 days = 1 year and maybe a toggle to have children grow twice or thrice as fast until adulthood would be really neat

That might work. Ageing is too slow imo. After 6 hours my char is still 31, only aged one year. Most people will not play 80 hours for their children to come of age.

That might work. Ageing is too slow imo. After 6 hours my char is still 31, only aged one year. Most people will not play 80 hours for their children to come of age.
I havent paid the aging thing much attention so I cant really judge, but of course the choice could as well be 15/30/60/90 days = 1 year for even more freedom.

It doesn't seem aging is that fast. An entire cycle of the seasons equals a year older. Maybe they're they're going to balance it out and add more mechanisms to it. Too early to tell.

I havent paid the aging thing much attention so I cant really judge, but of course the choice could as well be 15/30/60/90 days = 1 year for even more freedom.

On average 1 year in game should be about 1 hours of game-time. If I play the game for 10 hours ideally I'd like my character to age 10 years for the dynasty system to function. If my the main char starts at age 20 and dies at 100 you'd still have a good 80 hours before resorting to play as an heir.

I wish they had age off, since Mount and blade and warband do not had this age, main character is immortal but now I'm told that this is no way to turn age off, why? because no need to reload when main character can't be killed and can't be age, and that is very charm from old game like mount and blade and warband, now it's seem loss charm of gameplay and now risk to reload lot or cheat because it's was not part of gameplay like older game.

I'm cool with aging but 30 days = 1 year? God no, too quick. The days pass by so fast as it is. Give me 365 days a year and let us adjust it from there.

If 30 days is a year then just how big is caldaria?

Do they die by age? If death is off, is that meant they don't die by age, not just battle as well? I guess I could live with it if it don't die by age as well.

I believe death by aging happens regardless.

I'm cool with aging but 30 days = 1 year? God no, too quick. The days pass by so fast as it is. Give me 365 days a year and let us adjust it from there.

If 30 days is a year then just how big is caldaria?

While that's well and good, don't most playthroughs only last a few hundred days...?

Well for me when I was playing warband, it's was 900 day when trying to control whole map, common is 600 day till I got tired of it.

If that's in case, I hope there mod/cheat to freeze age, and make gameplay like warband and mount/blade.

I would rather have 365 days a year option I generally play a campaign in warband over the course of a few year in real life so I don't mind having a more realistic time frame in this game I feel dumbing down the days to satisfy this new feature is crazy and there should of already of been a option to have realistic days.

seems fine to me already got 18hrs clocked on steam (minus dinner cooking time) and I only aged to like 33 from 30. So IDK, the aging hasnt been a problem - THE INABILITY to find a wife and procreate to get some heirs is an issue though..........

its not fast, at best its acceptable, but i think its far too slow. In order to see my grandkids grow up i need to play 200 hours? Come on. In a warband playthrough Im pretty sure i never played 200 hours, max was like 150 or something. The entire system of generating heirs etc is pointless if u just get 2 generations

I've been going through the game files, for other reasons, and I haven't found anything that could be used to adjust the aging values. If I find anything I'll post it in here, but so far it doesn't look promising.

Theoretically, if you want to, you can probably use "cheat engine" to adjust your age. But this will mainly only effect your character, as well may not be the most efficient way to do it. As cheat engine requires you to contently search/adjust values to find the specific data file you wanting to manipulate.

Back
Top Bottom