Disk Struggles

Users who are viewing this thread

My system meets the minimum requirements on the steam page and then some, I believe I also meet the recommended specs in all but CPU.
But my HDD is REALLY struggling with this game like no other I've played before. I can't even get the game to run smoothly on lowest settings, it's just consistently running 100% of my disk and chopping up frames, especially on the campaign map and during combat. I've even heard some people say they're having similar issues with SSDs so I'm at a loss for what to do now.

Pls no "but muh supercomputer" or "just buy new PC lol"
Thanks

Try the custom battles? Interestingly I get no stutter/lag on custom battles but during campaign battles and just the campaign in general, I get intense stutter when troops clash. (I also have 8GB of RAM and use a HDD to play this)

^^ what he said.

im running 8gb and custom battles work perfectly on high settings... campaign on the other hand is utterly unplayable

^^ what he said.

im running 8gb and custom battles work perfectly on high settings... campaign on the other hand is utterly unplayable
It's probably because they're storing the state of the campaign map at the same time or something. I can't fathom why. Will have to look at RAM usage on the respective modes. Considering the fact it runs so well on custom battles does give me hope though - a software rather than a hardware issue which I'm sure they'll endeavour to fix.

It's probably because they're storing the state of the campaign map at the same time or something. I can't fathom why. Will have to look at RAM usage on the respective modes. Considering the fact it runs so well on custom battles does give me hope though - a software rather than a hardware issue which I'm sure they'll endeavour to fix.
Yeah it’s giving me massive hope. I do have a lower end laptop, but it does surpass the minimum specs by some margin. I was so close to refunding until I tested the custom battles section.

I can’t even change my settings from high, every time I do the game crashes. So fingers crossed

Back
Top Bottom