After 10 hours of gameplay, safegames do not load. Also the game crashes when starting a new campaign.

Users who are viewing this thread

I have been playing for just over 10 hours today. I had no problems at all, till I went an attacked a hideout. After watching the loading screen for 20 minutes or so, I pressed Alt-F4. Then the steam client downloaded the hotfix and since then I cannot load any of my safegames (tried them all). Nor can I restart a new campaign. The game crashes every time the moment I leave the combat tuturial.

Did the hotfix break the game beyond repair?

Hi, can you try the deleting the following folder: "C:\ProgramData\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord" ?

I have the same issue.
Whilst deleting the folder allows me to open the game via directly running the bannerlord.exe I can't save nor can I change any settings permanently. If I don't delete said folder the game just crashes on start up / fails to load.

I have the same issue.
Whilst deleting the folder allows me to open the game via directly running the bannerlord.exe I can't save nor can I change any settings permanently. If I don't delete said folder the game just crashes on start up / fails to load.
This happens to me as well when I delete abovementioned folder.

I have been playing for just over 10 hours today. I had no problems at all, till I went an attacked a hideout. After watching the loading screen for 20 minutes or so, I pressed Alt-F4. Then the steam client downloaded the hotfix and since then I cannot load any of my safegames (tried them all). Nor can I restart a new campaign. The game crashes every time the moment I leave the combat tuturial.

Did the hotfix break the game beyond repair?

Was it the hide out at the top of the map? That one is bugged. Try to see if you have an earlier save and not the Autosave it did at that spot.

Was it the hide out at the top of the map? That one is bugged. Try to see if you have an earlier save and not the Autosave it did at that spot.

It was.

I have tried that. When I load a savegame, the game crashes to desktop. I have started deleting all savegames, newest to oldest, that did not load. I ended up deleting all of them. Not one savegame loaded without a CTD.

I then tried starting a new campaign. This works about 1 in 5 times without crashing to desktop, but then when I save the game, the game crashes every time.

I do not know what they did in the hotfix, but it completely broke the game for me.

Is there a way to rollback the hotfix?

It was.

I have tried that. When I load a savegame, the game crashes to desktop. I have started deleting all savegames, newest to oldest, that did not load. I ended up deleting all of them. Not one savegame loaded without a CTD.

I then tried starting a new campaign. This works about 1 in 5 times without crashing to desktop, but then when I save the game, the game crashes every time.

I do not know what they did in the hotfix, but it completely broke the game for me.

Is there a way to rollback the hotfix?

I haven't had any issues with the hotfix, but my girlfriends computer definitely did.

Have the exact same issue. Worked fine yesterday, played for about 7 hours.
Started it up, crashes when trying to load any save file...
Also, the crash uploader crashes :/

My 10 hour game is gone as well. It would have been nice of the devs to inform us the hotfix would be savegame incompatible.
I believe it is not the hotfix because i tried to raid a sea raider camp and i got an infinite loading screen and after that i just can't get my save to work.

I have played for many hours without any problem and since the hotfix, I cannot play at all anymore. Whatever I do ends up in a CTD.
I have reinstalled (twice) and I have completely removed everything related to bannerlord of my PC. this did not fix anything.

Too bad I cannot get a refund since I have way too many hours already....

Okay so found the way to fix mine. Apparently Bannerlord triggers windows controlled folder access. Disabling it (or allowing bannerlord an exception) fixed all my issues. Hope this helps others.

Back
Top Bottom