Users who are viewing this thread

There is a clear reason I don't play Mordhau or League of Legends, or Starcraft 2.
My days of glory were in Diablo 1, Command & Conquer and Starcraft 1, on release.
Unless you make me 25 years younger, I don't see how I can "try it and get better" and start clicking faster to manual block.

Mount&Blade, while having strong MP community and high skill cap, in each and every game had auto-block feature, which allowed a slow old doofus to enjoy the singleplayer game for what it is - adventuring,RPG, strategy, economy, atmosphere and occasional combat. Not having this simple feature now makes this game pretty much unplayable for me.

Hey this might help, you can change blocking to be combined with movement direction keys, helped me as I have muscular myopathy.

To clarify for all the people who can't seem to get the point; People are asking for an autoblock feature either due to being physically unable to learn it due to poor reflexes or age, and/or because they'd enjoy the game more. I understand this means some developmental time would be taken away but for ****s sake stop it with the **** attitudes. Not directed specifically at you ricewind just the last comment I saw telling people to try.

Yeah yeah I know and thats why I said it should have the option to turn it on/off. My comment obviously wasnt directed to the people that can't play without it, I was just trying to encourage the ones who where used to have autoblock in warband as I was, I mean for me it turned the game more amusing and if people (again people who are able to) give it a try I think many of them would actually enjoy it ?

I think it's a shame that it isn't in game already ... It was default in warband and I think that a lot of people played with it (... like literally everyone I personaly know) and a lot of them might be put off by this change (I sure am disapointed) when they come to see what is new

i can imagine that someone among developers said that it breaks the game, it's unrealistic and 'what is the point of a shield then' or something - but casual players are those who pay for games - it's great to have a dedicated hard-core comunity but there is always too little of them, so game should be accessible to casual players and while combat system of M&B is super-awesome its not that easy to get into and the autoblock helps a lot to those of us who are too inpatient to build our reflexes

Yeah yeah I know and thats why I said it should have the option to turn it on/off. My comment obviously wasnt directed to the people that can't play without it, I was just trying to encourage the ones who where used to have autoblock in warband as I was, I mean for me it turned the game more amusing and if people (again people who are able to) give it a try I think many of them would actually enjoy it ?

It's a lot more fun if you learn to fight skillfully.

Ricewind-Thanks for clarifying and again wasn't directed at you, have great a day!

Nox, we get that it could be more fun to learn and be skillful. I can't, my muscles are literally genetically broken, and some of us are older and that is it's own issue. I appreciate the thought and want to share your experience with the game, but it doesn't apply to us unfortunately.

We found the casual gamer bois. There is some work involved behind autoblock my boi. And we strongly prefer that they do not focus on that.

This is so arrogant, just reported this.
There is some work involved behind not being a **** towards others, and you can't seem to grasp it.
Auto-block was a major helping feature that allowed many casual players, me included, to actually play this series.

There an option in settings to change blocks to directional keys instead of mouse...made it easier for me. I apologize ahead of time for the people who'd rather flame you than actually talk about the idea.

Hmm I have tried that. It didn't change much for me, but I was stressed enough back then. Will try again.

This is so arrogant, just reported this.
There is some work involved behind not being a **** towards others, and you can't seem to grasp it.
Auto-block was a major helping feature that allowed many casual players, me included, to actually play this series.
lol, I just realized they called me a casual gamer. Just because I take mount and blade casually doesn't mean that's my default method. See my 3000 hours in EU4.

Yeah I really don't see why anyone should be criticised for wanting to use autoblock in Singleplayer. Multiplayer is where we sweat, some people may just want to relax in SP, they might be older or just not looking for a challenge and that should be perfectly fine considering someone using autoblock in SP does not affect anyone else, at all. How this could even turn into a debate is beyond me.

Yeah I really don't see why anyone should be criticised for wanting to use autoblock in Singleplayer. Multiplayer is where we sweat, some people may just want to relax in SP, they might be older or just not looking for a challenge and that should be perfectly fine considering someone using autoblock in SP does not affect anyone else, at all. How this could even turn into a debate is beyond me.
This exactly. I don't even understand what they have against wanting autoblock in singleplayer. The one argument against is that it might take the dev's time; I may not be a programmer but it doesn't seem to hard to implement.

Because this is the internet, where repercussions don't matter and acting like an ass, for some reason, is the way to be.

Dude, if I would catch you on Diablo 1 open game, I would click you to death before you knew it.
I also played Mortal Kombat 1 duels for money with my classmates, and gosh I was rich.
That was back in 90's though. These days I play turn-based games and occasional M&B with autoblock lol.

Hey this might help, you can change blocking to be combined with movement direction keys, helped me as I have muscular myopathy.

Hmm thank you, I will try.
I changed it but I didn't notice much difference.
Perhaps I suck even more than I thought xD

Last edited:
I agree that an autoblock feature would be nice.

I also agree that being an arrogant c*nt and calling people names just because they want a more casual experience is a horrible way to behave.

I find it helps take some of the strain off my hand, and I tend to move when the blows come anyways so blocks occur more naturally, it's not perfect at all so don't feel to bad.

Dude, if I would catch you on Diablo 1 open game, I would click you to death before you knew it.
I also played Mortal Kombat 1 duels for money with my classmates, and gosh I was rich.
That was back in 90's though. These days I play turn-based games and occasional M&B with autoblock lol.

You overestimate your odds.

Let's also make an option to earn a 1 000 000 each week and kill all enemies in a battle with a special key, you know, for all those who do not take things seriously and just want to relieve stress with a childishly easy game. What do you think?

Some of us have less than ten digits, homie. Quit being rude. The option to alter controls makes the game more accessible.

I'm constantly amazed at some immature guys here telling other people to git gud (oblivious of possible age or health issues), and now I'm also giggling at how some people are sure what should be fun for others.

Come on, really. Autoblock was in all the series for ages. It is tried and tested SP feature. There is zero reason to ditch it. And no, it is not hard at all to program it

Back
Top Bottom