Taleworlds, this is false advertising and you know it

Users who are viewing this thread

I just wish the shields were 10x more durable. I feel like they are useless against anything but projectiles.

Shields in BL are imo, too durable. They stagnate fights because both players can play extremely safely, and can wait for their team to back them up instead of actually engaging in a fight. Even if you do play aggressively with a shield, there's not much you can really do against a passive shield player, except for wailing on their shield waiting for it to break (which can take quite a while). Combined with swing delay, you really can't mix up your attack timing or try to get a shield player to lower their block if they know how to deal with feints and aren't particularly concerned in attacking. Especially in skirmish, the infantry fights just aren't enjoyable - it's stagnant, block-attack endlessly thanks to the durability of shields. Nobody plays shock infantry either, because they get shut down hard by projectiles (which many troops have in excess). So it's just shields, archers, and cavalry.

TDM is a different beast, however. Your shields will often go through engagements, and there's a lot more shock infantry with big weapons that could potentially break your shield quicker. If you're concerned about your shield breaking in TDM, you can always try picking another one up. At the same time, certain peasant classes in TDM have 2h weapon options or can pick up 2h weapons instead of opting for their weaker shield, in comparison to heavy infantry, so you don't always need to use a shield.

Shields in BL are imo, too durable. They stagnate fights because both players can play extremely safely, and can wait for their team to back them up instead of actually engaging in a fight. Even if you do play aggressively with a shield, there's not much you can really do against a passive shield player, except for wailing on their shield waiting for it to break (which can take quite a while). Combined with swing delay, you really can't mix up your attack timing or try to get a shield player to lower their block if they know how to deal with feints and aren't particularly concerned in attacking. Especially in skirmish, the infantry fights just aren't enjoyable - it's stagnant, block-attack endlessly thanks to the durability of shields. Nobody plays shock infantry either, because they get shut down hard by projectiles (which many troops have in excess). So it's just shields, archers, and cavalry.
Isn't the kick? working in bannerlord? It basically gives you a free hit ?. Not sure if they put it in yet though. ?

I think one of the more under-looked aspects is just how useless kicking has become. It is a former shell of itself and serves nearly zero purpose in melee. The awkwardness and seemingly unreliable hitbox (even more so than Warband's) makes it a waste of potential. Shieldbash also requires tweaking, but it may be better used as a 2v1 mechanic rather than a duel one.

From today's update regarding the Early Access release:
DNuQQmU.jpg

Get real.
For me the combat mechanics are much improved from warband. Whether I like them or not depends entirely on my play style.

From today's update regarding the Early Access release:
DNuQQmU.jpg

Get real.

Edit: It's a bit rowdy in here.
It's indicative of something that most of my proper feedback threads struggle to reach 1K views, but this ****post has reached 2K views in an hour.
No one cares about the innumerable issues that this game has, but as soon as someone makes a thread criticising Taleworlds, all hell breaks loose.
If you're going to be so defensive about something, at least take the time to know what this thing is.

Hmmm i don't see false advertising in this text. "improved combat mechanic" is a really general text and it's not telling you that there are no better systems or something. "Improved" can really vary between people. Somone may say that square is improved circle and he can be right about it in the same manner that Somone who opposes this can neglect it and be right about it.

So before You post false accusations read about what is false advertising.

Would you say that Chamber blocking is better? That kicking is better? That attack delay is better? That block delay is better? That shield durability is better? That the stance system is better? That movement is better? That cavalry movement and combat is better? That the damage calculation is better?
Chamber blocking: Much harder to pull off-- I like it, I thought this was too easy before and although it was a skill, it felt like an exploit. Kicking: Haven't done enough to say; Attack delay: feels more realistic, because it is now based on multiple factors of weapon design, Block delay: better, Shield durability: Much greater, not sure this is better from a balance perspective, makes sword and board a much better option; Stance system: Not sure, Movement: Yes, better in many respects not so clunky or arcade game feeling. Cavalry movement and combat: Yes, much better. Damage calculation: MUCH better, swing/point of impact taken into account, pen/cut feels more realistic, stop hitting or closing fast against long weapon reduces damage as it should.

Attack delay makes no sense because it nullifies the incentive to hold an attack. The corresponding animation also makes no sense because holding attack already makes the weapon drawn to the back, there is no reason to draw even further upon releasing the button. It's counter intuitive and detrimental to gameplay by putting arbitrary obstacles in the way of skilled players. Possibly with the exception of the block delay, I like the rest but that is entirely subjective unlike the aforementioned argument.

Isn't the kick? working in bannerlord? It basically gives you a free hit ?. Not sure if they put it in yet though. ?
The kick is in the game, but every time I try to kick the enemy stops blocking and I immediatly get punished for it. Then they throw in some feints and I instantly start to tilt and die. I stopped trying. I'm pretty bad though so that could be another reason. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom