"""Main Quest""", Why is this a thing?

Users who are viewing this thread

This is not the place for this. Seriously why on every thread are MP guys complaining about literally everything and hating everything SP?

Also, the questline can be ingored.
He's not complaining or hating anything SP, many of us MP fans enjoy SP as well. He's just pointing out the hypocricy.

Oh hey, when multiplayer guys bring up something bad about the combat we are vilified for wanting "Warband 2" but singleplayer guys are losing their **** over having an optional campaign in the game. And we are the ones who overreact?

EDIT: Ha, I'm gonna use the same arguement used against us. "If you don't like it go back to Warband!"
you multiplayer people are literally the vegans of the Mount and Blade community lol

Which hypocricy? Do you think those guys are the same people? Like single players have some kind of hive mind or something?
No one is telling him to just go play Warband, except ironically. Hell SP players would always say "I'm happy with Warband but better" or whatever but suddenly when we want a combat system that is at least at the same level of Warband that's unacceptable to say. But Aruda's right, this is not the place to have that discussion and I shouldn't have gone into it.

No one is telling him to just go play Warband, except ironically. Hell SP players would always say "I'm happy with Warband but better" or whatever but suddenly when we want a combat system that is at least at the same level of Warband that's unacceptable to say. But Aruda's right, this is not the place to have that discussion and I shouldn't have gone into it.
Maybe it's because im just not an expert in the combat but as someone who play primarily sp the combat has honestly not felt too different to me.

This thread just reiterates that human beings are incredible of finding anything to criticize ?

TW couldn't have made it any more clearer that the SANDBOX can be done without the main quest.. ?

The man is saying what I would have said.

Anyways this isn't the place so I apologise but I was just trying to be funny :razz:

I like the idea of a campaign. If it serves to set the scene of the game, impart some of the important lore and allow the player to get oriented, it'll be well worth a look.

The thing that got me thinking was how Callum said that would bring a logical conclusion to a play through (or something like that?).

The lack of main quest would have put a lot of people off warband. I think that a main campaign is needed to ease people into the game.

To all the hipsters out that that say "keep it Indy, blah blah blah". The more people that buy the game that more money, the more money the more game development.

Also said a few times already, you can just ignore the main quest. So get over yourselves

Campaign aims to provide players with clear goals and missions that can lead to a successful conclusion to a playthrough. However, if you refuse to take any direction and prefer to plot your own rise to power, you can simply ignore the campaign missions and go about your business!
If you don't wanna do it, don't do it. It is up to you.

Although I prefer unstructured gameplay, at some point I may give the "main quest" a try.

I will spend tomorrow killing looters. No time for quests.

Whilst I am looking forward to it I would prefer if it was like Viking Conquest in which before loading the Campaign you would pick either Sandbox or Story mode. I feel if there is no selection and you just load up a campaign it means this 'Main Quest' isn't going to be very fleshed out or the sandbox elements of the game are going to be impeded upon.

Back
Top Bottom