Taleworlds, this is false advertising and you know it

Users who are viewing this thread

But Multiplayer community is this part of M&B community that made the game alive for 10 years. Im sure there are barely any people who spend more than 1 000 hours on playing singleplayer, and im pretty sure that M&B got so popular only because of the huge multiplayer events, not because of the empty singlplayer world.

Lol really? Dude you ok? You clearly have no idea of the modding community, and I'm sure you havent even played singleplayer at all. This game is known for its singleplayer. M&B didnt get popular because of its multiplayer events, it got popular because of the mods like GoT, LoTR etc.. And many multiplayer events even took place in a modded environment. Get your facts right.

Lol really? Dude you ok? You clearly have no idea of the modding community, and I'm sure you havent even played singleplayer at all. This game is known for its singleplayer.
Im curious how many hrs ppl spend in sp mods, the most popular ik were deluge, persistent worlds/kingdoms, mercenaries, bear force II, Napoleonic wars (as official dlc module), full invasion, all multiplayer modules

Im curious how many hrs ppl spend in sp mods, the most popular ik were deluge, persistent worlds/kingdoms, mercenaries, bear force II, Napoleonic wars (as official dlc module), full invasion, all multiplayer modules

That and it says a lot that native warband is still pretty popular but no one will touch native singleplayer without an ehancement mod that fixes everything that is broken with it.

Many people I know spent thousands of hours in SP mods. Including me, and people still play Warband for its mods. The thing is people who play MP have their own small community of MP players and they immediately assume everyone still play the game because of MP. Thats not the case. Just check some popular mods and moddb you will see it for yourself. Even then the mods are what made mp popular like you said.

Lol really? Dude you ok? You clearly have no idea of the modding community, and I'm sure you havent even played singleplayer at all. This game is known for its singleplayer. M&B didnt get popular because of its multiplayer events, it got popular because of the mods like GoT, LoTR etc.. And many multiplayer events even took place in a modded environment. Get your facts right.

I don't understand why people can't just realize that both MP and SP have separate appeal for separate but relatively equal communities? there are lots of people who got brought in by M&B's multiplayer component, lots of people who came for the SP. Guess what?

The game is a ****ing gem in both respects, and both communities hold their respective modes in high esteem, and neither of them are "Worse" at the expense of the other, neither are afterthoughts, etc etc. There are LOADS of MP and SP mods AND EVEN DLC both, hell napoleonic wars is MP only, while WFAS is SP only. The milsim/roleplay community in NW was always big, Persistent World mod spawned an entire standalone game (Of Kings and Men, which failed, but some of those devs went on to create Last Oasis, which is really cool), but equally there are some incredible SP mods, too.

BOTH COMMUNITIES ARE VALID, BOTH COMMUNITIES CAN HAVE THEIR NEEDS MET AT NO EXPENSE TO THE OTHER, WHY ARE YOU AT EACHOTHERS THROATS

I don't understand why people can't just realize that both MP and SP have separate appeal for separate but relatively equal communities? there are lots of people who got brought in by M&B's multiplayer component, lots of people who came for the SP. Guess what?

The game is a ****ing gem in both respects, and both communities hold their respective modes in high esteem, and neither of them are "Worse" at the expense of the other, neither are afterthoughts, etc etc. There are LOADS of MP and SP mods AND EVEN DLC both, hell napoleonic wars is MP only, while WFAS is SP only. The milsim/roleplay community in NW was always big, Persistent World mod spawned an entire standalone game (Of Kings and Men, which failed, but some of those devs went on to create Last Oasis, which is really cool), but equally there are some incredible SP mods, too.

BOTH COMMUNITIES ARE VALID, BOTH COMMUNITIES CAN HAVE THEIR NEEDS MET AT NO EXPENSE TO THE OTHER, WHY ARE YOU AT EACHOTHERS THROATS
Dude chill. I'm okay with both areas of the game. I just get frustrated when I see comments bashing SP and claiming its empty and unworthy of playing after a little time. My response was to that. Everyone can go play whatever they want but simply claiming SP is empty is nonesense. Especially when it is the most innovative and unique thing about M&B series.

Apparently not, since having a more multiplayer-oriented and fine tuned skill based combat compared to what is in the beta right now, is something singleplayer people strongly oppose.

I really don't get why both sides are trying to establish their importance over the other, though. Good and responsive combat benefits all, isn't that so? Some people argue balance - both modes are going to be balanced separately.

then singleplayer plebs should keep out of mp discussions
bro im going to tie you to a chair and force you to re-read my post just now ?

Dude chill. I'm okay with both areas of the game. I just get frustrated when I see comments bashing SP and claiming its empty and unworthy of playing after a little time. My response was to that. Everyone can go play whatever they want but simply claiming SP is empty is nonesense. Especially when it is the most innovative and unique thing about M&B series.

this isnt just a response to you, its a response aimed at everyone on both sides of this ridiculous argument.

I have to admit, I didn't like the combat system at all(I'm not calling it bad, I'm saying I didn't like it) it has some good features. It is more realistic but for me, realism doesn't mean fun. I'm not that great at Warband PVP. I spent like 150 hours in Multiplayer. I usually use shield and sword or a two-handed sword in Warband but in Bannerlord I can't use sword and shield or a two-handed sword. I always die when the fight gets to close-quarter combats. Archery is improved so I'm playing as an archer.
Just a quick edit,
But Multiplayer community is this part of M&B community that made the game alive for 10 years.
Nope, it was the modding community that made the game alive for 10 years.

A world of ice and fire, A clash of Kings, The last days of the third age, Persino, Gekokujo, Warsword conquest, Anno Domini, Diplomacy, L'aigle, Star wars conquest, Prophesy of Pendor.

They're undoubtedly more popular than any Multiplayer mods. All you need to do is look at the most popular mods on steam of all time and you'd see the first multiplayer mod is 25th in the list I do believe.

I have to admit, I didn't like the combat system at all(I'm not calling it bad, I'm saying I didn't like it) it has some good features. It is more realistic but for me, realism doesn't mean fun. I'm not that great at Warband PVP. I spent like 150 hours in Multiplayer. I usually use shield and sword or a two-handed sword in Warband but in Bannerlord I can't use sword and shield or a two-handed sword. I always die when the fight gets to close-quarter combats. Archery is improved so I'm playing as an archer.

Archery is arguably a bit OP with the decreased arrow drop / crosshair "zeroing", plus seemingly increased accuracy.

A world of ice and fire, A clash of Kings, The last days of the third age, Persino, Gekokujo, Warsword conquest, Anno Domini, Diplomacy, L'aigle, Star wars conquest.

I can't believe you haven't heard of any of these, they're undoubtedly more popular than any Multiplayer mods. All you need to do is look at the most popular mods on steam of all time and you'd see the first multiplayer mod is 25th in the list I do believe.

You can't really go by workshop because workshop doesn't include a lot of mods, and wasn't implemented at the time of Warband release... It would be better to go by nexus or moddb.

You can't really go by workshop because workshop doesn't include a lot of mods, and wasn't implemented at the time of Warband release... It would be better to go by nexus or moddb.
I do believe it's the exact same on Nexus, Singleplayer mods much more popular than Multiplayer. Can't see a way to sort them on Moddb.

Not saying I believe these mods are better either, just that Singleplayer mods are much more popular.

Back
Top Bottom