Taleworlds, this is false advertising and you know it

Users who are viewing this thread

People are complaining (me included) is because it almost lowers the skill cap of players, by having these delays players are not rewarded for being quicker, reacting faster, thinking faster than their opponent.

If you look at any successful big multiplayer games, CSGO, Rainbow Six, the pro players are better than the rest because they are quicker and are not limited by the games mechanics.

Warband was very similar, comparatively i have very few hours compared to most multiplayer people however we all invested time to become better, block faster, react quicker yet bannerlord is now limiting us.

The amount of times in the beta i blocked an attack from one way saw the next attack coming, tried to block that way but the character wouldnt respond is just frustrating

i won't lie if the combat doens't change in EA and the devs do not show intention of changing the combat, I will go back to playing warband unless there will be a modded combat system

TW should redo the combat altogether, imho.
Start with a clone of Warband's combat and then add things while focusing on keeping everything streamlined, intuitive, consistent and without 'delays'.
I imagine these 'delays' are really a feature, but there's so much other **** slapped on top and it's so inconsistent that it appears as if they are bugs. Is this a problem in singleplayer aswell or is it simply bad netcode in multiplayer that makes these things so irritating?
Guess we will find out on the 30th

Because it somewhat shows how much time you spent playing the series. Just take a look through this thread, for example. Almost, if not all players saying the combat is fine are within the first two or three, most still on the first rank of this forum.
Not always, some never bother with the forum.
+8K hours (MP) and playing since 2012 and still recruit.

But seeing as I haven't played Bannerlord yet I cannot give my two cents about the combat system.

Eitherway, it's one sentence we're talking about in a steam page, might be me but I believe people buy games depending on what the description say in the steam store.

Don't believe I could care a lot less.

tenor.gif

Which delays? Can someone please explains me which delays? I do not notice delays. Are the people really know what are they really complaining about or you just repeat: delays, delays, delays!! just because some few good players say that there are delays.

Are you clicking your mouse and your character takes some time until It starts the animation? It is not my case.

Say when I'm holding my attack, and I press release - the attack does not actually release into the opponent until the animation first bounces the weapon back and then releases. That's an arbitrary attack delay that responds after I gave the input(releasing the left mouse button) and after the input is received due to ping reasons. It's very noticeable and extremely annoying.

Say when I'm holding my attack, and I press release - the attack does not actually release into the opponent until the animation first bounces the weapon back and then releases. That's an arbitrary attack delay that responds after I gave the input(releasing the left mouse button) and after the input is received due to ping reasons. It's very noticeable and extremely annoying.

Are you aware that the animation first bounces is one of the reasons because animations now feel improved and less robotic? Warband feels like if you would be controlling a Playmobil and this is probably the reasons because we have these new animations.

Concerning ping delay, yes, this could be an issue sometimes but It is not something related to bannerlord combat being bad. A lot of optimization is still required.

Shin
Noudelle
giphy.webp
My impression too.
Well thats enterly subjective. I personally like the combat much more in Bannerlord. So stop ****posting
He doesn't know what "subjective" means. For him it must be as he wishes! BECAUSE OTHERWISE... ****posting!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Big thanks TaleWorlds team for big improvements over already good combat system. You nailed it! :smile:

Are you aware that the animation first bounces is one of the reasons because animations now feel improved and less robotic? Warband feels like if you would be controlling a Playmobil and this is probably the reasons because we have these new animations.

Concerning ping delay, yes, this could be an issue sometimes but It is not something related to bannerlord combat being bad. A lot of optimization is still required.
Warbands melee system is arguably the best out of any game.

Literally the definition of easy to learn, hard to master

Granted that there has been a surge of new players (mostly people that play SP) so no wonder why they like BL Combat system because to be frank it is easy to master but buggy asf.

"Robotic" animations are the price you pay for having responsive movement and easily readable combat. Every fighting game is like this, from street fighter to smash bros, and even something extremely casual like dynasty warriors. The actions have to be more or less instant with as little "bounce" as possible so that it's easier to see what's going on in a fast paced fight. And guess what, real swordfights are like this too, because swords and even halberds are way lighter than most people think and you can swing one about as fast as you can swing your arm.

Also the idea that you have to swing a sword back just before you swing it forward is ludicrous. If your arm is already held back, that little bounce before the animation begins is completely pointless.

Also the idea that you have to swing a sword back just before you swing it forward is ludicrous. If your arm is already held back, that little bounce before the animation begins is completely pointless.
Not only that but speaking from personal experience in(amateur) martial arts it's basically 'telegraphing' your strikes, an extremely bad practice which adds no significance to your punch strength which is carried by your rotation and putting in your body weight into the strike.

None of this is really relevant from a gameplay perspective, in which input responsiveness is the key factor to satisfying and skill-based combat once again as many have pointed out in literally any good Multiplayer game. From a gameplay perspective exaggerated telegraphing can be important for players to be able to read which strikes their opponent is readying/using and you can accomplish that by clear and distinguishable directional attack animations without adding any additional bounces or delays.

"Robotic" animations are the price you pay for having responsive movement and easily readable combat. Every fighting game is like this, from street fighter to smash bros, and even something extremely casual like dynasty warriors. The actions have to be more or less instant with as little "bounce" as possible so that it's easier to see what's going on in a fast paced fight. And guess what, real swordfights are like this too, because swords and even halberds are way lighter than most people think and you can swing one about as fast as you can swing your arm.

Saying about "swords being lighter than people think"...

...then shows a video with wooden sabres. Omg...

Better example:

Now it is not that fast and responsive, right?
...you can swing one about as fast as you can swing your arm.
Bull**** as hell. Seriously. Even if you able to swing almost as fast, without a sword, you cannot accelerate your arm that fast.

People that defending Warband at all cost are so ridiculous.

I'd say people trying to bring unnecessary realism into multiplayer video games are ridiculous. But hey, each to their own, with mods there will be versions of the game everyone can enjoy, given time.
So we should be really happy that we will have both games available. Warband for people that loves arcade approach, and Bannerlord for the ones that prefer a realistic approach like myself. God bless that we have an option!
And now my post is considered as a "bait"... Wtf is wrong with some folks I would actually never guess. My post was not bait at all, but I assume you lacked of arguments, so you put "funny" image here and you are cool.

Last edited:
If the point of this thread was to ****post and let out steam.. good job! But noudelle shouldn't be surprised ****posting only causes backlash and everyone defending the devs.

Back
Top Bottom