Taleworlds, this is false advertising and you know it

Users who are viewing this thread

Yeah, reading through some of these I can see why it’s inferior. But like, TW has pretty much always been silent like this. It’s not unprecedented is what confuses me I suppose
Have they?
Still, it doesn't excuse poor communication at all. Especially considering how shoddy of a state the combat is currently in.

Thanks Noudelle for collecting these issues and pushing them to get resolved. I hope Taleworlds tightens up the combat!

Still super pumped for EA though.

You do realize you are playing a beta, and going into Early Access which has the following line "If you are not excited to play this game in its current state, then you should wait to see if the game progresses further in development". Combat in warband took how many years to balance? Graphics and physics in background and map size is what in warband? Oh shoot sorry man i forgot they have destructive environments in warband and corpses everywhere. You are testing an Earlier build, one that isnt even going to be out when the game releases. in the Beta they take the issues and the concerns and then they make builds and test it themselves and if it works, then they put it into what going to be releases in EA. Then they fix and patch more as time goes on. Also make sure you have a good internet connection and that your ping int 130+

Thanks Noudelle for collecting these issues and pushing them to get resolved. I hope Taleworlds tightens up the combat!

Still super pumped for EA though.
<3
So am I. As much as I criticize about combat and multiplayer in general, I believe that singleplayer will meet our expectations. If not now then at some point down the line for sure.

You do realize you are playing a beta, and going into Early Access which has the following line "If you are not excited to play this game in its current state, then you should wait to see if the game progresses further in development". Combat in warband took how many years to balance? Graphics and physics in background and map size is what in warband? Oh shoot sorry man i forgot they have destructive environments in warband and corpses everywhere. You are testing an Earlier build, one that isnt even going to be out when the game releases. in the Beta they take the issues and the concerns and then they make builds and test it themselves and if it works, then they put it into what going to be releases in EA. Then they fix and patch more as time goes on. Also make sure you have a good internet connection and that your ping int 130+
Yes, I do realize that I've been participating in a beta, as evidenced by my activity on this forum for the past months.
I can't make sense of the rest of your post however.

Last edited:
The point is the MP in warband didnt and doesnt have certain things in it, your basing your combat experience to what in bannerlord? Other games? Warband? what are you comparing it to? You realize just because you play as a recruit doesnt mean you can pick up a guards weapon and swing it with ease, the recruit doesnt have the proper training and levels for it

Just as if when you choose to play as any other character that doesn't have many levels in say strength they arent going to be able to weild a certain weapon with weight that the strength level demands

The point is the MP in warband didnt and doesnt have certain things in it, your basing your combat experience to what in bannerlord? Other games? Warband? what are you comparing it to? You realize just because you play as a recruit doesnt mean you can pick up a guards weapon and swing it with ease, the recruit doesnt have the proper training and levels for it
Just as if when you choose to play as any other character that doesn't have many levels in say strength they arent going to be able to weild a certain weapon with weight that the strength level demands

I'm basing my criticisms of Bannerlord on my experience with the game, that of other more experienced players who know more about the combat than I do, as well as my experience with Warband. And the second part of these posts is still nonsense that I don't know how to respond to.

*psst* don't make accusations when you've not read the thread - It's rule no.commonsense.

What are you talking about? Merely stated what the title thread the OP himself posted and noted the serious tone of the thread. After reading thru it -it's merely a continuation of a series of complaints found in no less than 5 other 'Combat Needs Overhhauled!!' Threads. As moderators - you should be wary of thread titles like this unless its made in total jest.

Warband took how many years before it was seemed playable and great for combat in MP mode? Many, the game has been out for oddly 10 years to the date of when Bannerlord is said to release.. COOL lol. anyway. What i am saying is warband took awhile to become what it is. To say its bad is different than saying that it needs work. At the end of the day Bannerlord has way more features in the MP game modes than warband ever did. Character troops in bannerlord have different attributes which allows them to wield heavier weapons, a feature new to the game, where your attributes matter, think Dark souls. SO when you have a weapon that is far more superior than your class they will have trouble wielding and using it.

ALso im not sure if you are aware of the hitbox issue, but MP has height customization, meaning that There are going to be taller and smaller people., most people believe and i dont know why they believe that being a smaller character means you have a smaller hit box.. WRONG.. Taleworlds has and im sure of it in MP made a universal hotbox, meaning everyone has the same exact hitbox regardless of height

Warband took how many years before it was seemed playable and great for combat in MP mode? Many, the game has been out for oddly 10 years to the date of when Bannerlord is said to release.. COOL lol. anyway.
It hasn't. There was a beta before release where devs took feedback from the community, then the game released with combat that was in a very similar state that it's in today. I don't know when the last combat patch for Warband was, but it was a long long time ago.
What i am saying is warband took awhile to become what it is. To say its bad is different than saying that it needs work. At the end of the day Bannerlord has way more features in the MP game modes than warband ever did.
Doesn't matter how many features the game has if the core of it isn't good.
Character troops in bannerlord have different attributes which allows them to wield heavier weapons, a feature new to the game, where your attributes matter, think Dark souls. SO when you have a weapon that is far more superior than your class they will have trouble wielding and using it.
If you're referring to multiplayer, they don't.
They did in Warband however...
ALso im not sure if you are aware of the hitbox issue, but MP has height customization, meaning that There are going to be taller and smaller people.,
I am all too aware of this terrible mechanic.
most people believe and i dont know why they believe that being a smaller character means you have a smaller hit box.. WRONG.. Taleworlds has and im sure of it in MP made a universal hotbox, meaning everyone has the same exact hitbox regardless of height
Being smaller does reduce your hitbox size.
You're talking out of your ass.

You could take some time to inform yourself on how the game works. I have a neat little thread that is very prominently displayed in my signature. Can't miss it.

The added features in the game would mean that it takes more power from your cpu and gpu to render the items and keep everything running smooth at the same time. You are basing your MP experience as the core of the game? Last i checked its not advertises as a medieval MP only game.

The added features in the game would mean that it takes more power from your cpu and gpu to render the items and keep everything running smooth at the same time. You are basing your MP experience as the core of the game? Last i checked its not advertises as a medieval MP only game.
You have absolutely, definitely, doubtlessly, positively, unconditionally, unquestionably no idea what you're talking about.

My friends. The game is coming out in Early Access. That means that it will continue to improve on both fronts, single player and multiplayer, for at least a year. There obviously problems with the game as we speak, some problems more serious than the failures of the combat system. Someone consistently working hard to bring these combat inconsistencies or bad designs is not flaming or trolling. It's a genuine attempt at doing what the Beta was intended to do. Improve the game through player input.

That being said, seeing the way they describe a game, for which the majority of players won't even touch multiplayer, let alone understand the fundamental problems within the combat mechanics, as "false advertising" seems a bit hyperbolic and clickbaity.

You have absolutely, definitely, doubtlessly, positively, unconditionally, unquestionably no idea what you're talking about.
Tell me something, are you playing this game on the same computer you built like 8 years ago? Objects on screen always will affect performance, i have had this conversation with many people over and over, and they all seem to realize after i have to explain myself. There is a reason the requirements for said game aren't what they are before. MP games run on a server, that server needs to have a server size limit for objects and other variables. You think Taleworlds have state of the art ACtivision type servers? don't think so. The servers and client are where you are gathering said objects on screen, It all makes a difference

Tell me something, are you playing this game on the same computer you built like 8 years ago? Objects on screen always will affect performance, i have had this conversation with many people over and over, and they all seem to realize after i have to explain myself. There is a reason the requirements for said game aren't what they are before. MP games run on a server, that server needs to have a server size limit for objects and other variables. You think Taleworlds have state of the art ACtivision type servers? don't think so. The servers and client are where you are gathering said objects on screen, It all makes a difference
None of what you just said is relevant to this topic of discussion, nor did it make any sense whatsoever. Again.

None of what you just said is relevant to this topic of discussion, nor did it make any sense whatsoever. Again.
Because you don't understand how games work obviously. Go to google and research how game servers work and perhaps you will figure it out. Obviously you have based your experience with the game over playhing a MP beta? A f'ing MP beta dude? Like seriously is that what gets you off during the day? Have you even played the beta recently? or are you still using the test servers to determine your complaints? or what about the modded stuff? still using that? DOnt know how game servers owrk maybe if you spent less time on the forums and more time actually playing games you would understand, but guess you cant be helped. Enjoy playing MP your whole life having a **** time

This guy is nothing but a troll and sits there and does nothing to help contribute to anything other than to ***** and complain. Many and i Mean many veterans and players out there are on board. many and i cant stress this enough have gone out to say and this cant be anymore true... You have to unlearn Warband TO learn bannerlord combat. You have admitted you based your experience on Warband tha game is ten years old dude get over it and fast. move on, you arent a spin master bot anymore. sucks to be you. Cry about it because you feel it isnt fair to YOU. get a life

I can't see the false in that. All features have already been improved.

I tried to explain this all to him but hes a cry baby, he just wants his old warband janky, clunky, easy to spin and win combat back. He wont be satisfied with the game unless that comes back for him

Realism. The pinnacle of videogame design. ?
Regardless, most of the major issues listed are mechanics that are working as intended. Most of these problematic mechanics present in the combat work fine on a technical level, but are fundamentally flawed at a conceptual level.
If you go to old interviews with Taleworlds where they discuss the combat mechanics, they say that they want more realistic animations, it is in an E3 2016 video where they are showcasing the single player. I remember that vividly

Realism. The pinnacle of videogame design. ?
Regardless, most of the major issues listed are mechanics that are working as intended. Most of these problematic mechanics present in the combat work fine on a technical level, but are fundamentally flawed at a conceptual level.
Care to give me an example of a mechanic that is flawd at a conceptual level? And don't list all of them, be specific.

From today's update regarding the Early Access release:
DNuQQmU.jpg

Get real.

No they have not. You don't need to show me a video of "how combat works". I know how it works. Have a look at the thread linked in my description to see why and how these mechanics are either flawed at a conceptual level, or are downright broken and don't work properly.

No they have not. You don't need to show me a video of "how combat works". I know how it works. The guy who made the video most likely took his info from some of my threads if I had to guess. Have a look at the thread linked in my description to see why and how these mechanics are either flawed at a conceptual level, or are downright broken and don't work properly.
The guy in the video says he had been in contact with devs from taleworlds, says it right in the start. Obviously you don't know how it works or else you still wouldn't be complaining

Back
Top Bottom