Spears are too overpowered

Users who are viewing this thread

1 - They are active from the very start of their animation and will do max damage from the start to the end. The damage in the start should be less.
2 - They are far easier to use than other weapons.
3 - Turncap is broken. The way you can turn around during it is just not how it should be.
4 - They need a damage buff against cav ty

Yeah this has been mentioned alot - they are better then they were previously thanks to the stun changes but they are still very easily abuseable.

Hell see my signature!

1. I agree with this.
2. And far more limited. Remember, you have only two attacks available, but the problem is with:

-early damage, often full damage
-that can be inflicted from very close.

3. It happens with every weapon since Warband. I don't know if they actually can get rid of that with this type of combat system.

4. IDK. Maybe a little bit.

People complain when the game does something that is slightly unhistorical, then complains that the most overpowered weapon in melee history is too overpowered.

People complain when the game does something that is slightly unhistorical, then complains that the most overpowered weapon in melee history is too overpowered.
-I realize that spears were very good in medieval times(crossbows were the best) and I think that game should be as much historical as it can be if it’s the developers want. I don’t think that currently spear physics in game are how they were irl and that’s the main reason why I created this post.
-I did this post to discuss, not complain. There are a few goals which I want to achieve by creating this discussion: 1) people will learn more about spears irl and post examples of actual usage in medieval times which will improve the understanding of irl spear physics and give devs the example(“know da wae” ‘.’) so that they will be able to create a better animations or change physics for spear attacks(full damage time release, turncaps and this kinda things) after what we will get a better game. 2) Not find any info about this by myself and delegate the task to community cus I’m too lazy /|\^~^/|\
-I appreciate your attention to the post but if you cant give any useful info to devs and community please don’t comment here.

Yeah this has been mentioned alot - they are better then they were previously thanks to the stun changes but they are still very easily abuseable.

Hell see my signature!
Do you have any ideas about possible changes for the spear animation or the damage calculation or anything?

-I realize that spears were very good in medieval times(crossbows were the best) and I think that game should be as much historical as it can be if it’s the developers want. I don’t think that currently spear physics in game are how they were irl and that’s the main reason why I created this post.
-I did this post to discuss, not complain. There are a few goals which I want to achieve by creating this discussion: 1) people will learn more about spears irl and post examples of actual usage in medieval times which will improve the understanding of irl spear physics and give devs the example(“know da wae” ‘.’) so that they will be able to create a better animations or change physics for spear attacks(full damage time release, turncaps and this kinda things) after what we will get a better game. 2) Not find any info about this by myself and delegate the task to community cus I’m too lazy /|\^~^/|\
-I appreciate your attention to the post but if you cant give any useful info to devs and community please don’t comment here.

It was a joke, because so far, i have seen several more posts about spears being completely underpowered, this is the first about them being overpowered i have seen. To me spears can probably never be good enough, as they dont have the speed or manuverability they had in real life, at most they will act as small pikes, this is down to the technology not being able to make spear use feel real enough yet. In Warband spears where clunky has hell, i just hope they are a bit better in Bannerlord, if that means they do some things a bit better than they should thats fine by me, if it makes them a more viable weapon.

Spears are too overpowered Vs Spears are too underpowered

You, know there is truth to both sides.
In group fights it is easily the best support weapon.
On the other hand, spear might feel weak in duels. Especially to new players.But it also depends on the weapon and if the player has acces to a shield.
I still like to duel with the eastern throwing spear and a shield. But there are other spears where I don't like to do that. Most of them actually.

What I do think is that in every case spears are unreliable. You glance of quite easily, you only stagger the enemy if you hit the head or torso and sometimes the attackangle to rear horses is off.

Spears habe hardly weaker in the last months but they have also became unreliable.
I can agree to both sides of the spear debate.

"spears are op"

just like in real life lol
new-polearm-thumbs.jpg

Spears in real life would be strong for completely different reasons than what is represented in the game though so I don't see the point of your post

1 - They are active from the very start of their animation and will do max damage from the start to the end. The damage in the start should be less.
2 - They are far easier to use than other weapons.
3 - Turncap is broken. The way you can turn around during it is just not how it should be.
4 - They need a damage buff against cav ty
are you posting this after watching a video from version b0.5.2 and still thinks its the same? Because thats what you ranted about for an entire match.

Spears were OP in reality they should be strong

Spears are underpowered against horses but other than that i prefer using spears more than other melee weapons, is it bad thing? Maybe. I mean for me they are not obvious choice and sometimes i get punished for using spear. But i also like using spear time to time, i like it being there as a choice, i never used spear on foot, against inf in warband and it is kind of annoying. If veterans and pros may think of them as broken and i have nothing to say about it.

Amazing how there are still people asking for buffs to spears when they're still so strong just because they were "the best in history". Enjoy playing a game where only 1 weapon dominates and every fight is reduced to a mere thrust spam just because "muh realism".

Back
Top Bottom