How is your hype going?

• I'm getting more excited as the EA approaches

• My hype level still the same as before

• I'm getting less hyped about the game lately

• I'm worried about the current state of the game

• I'm losing hope, BL is straying too far away from WB

Results are only viewable after voting.

Users who are viewing this thread

I have much free time, so I will Tell you about my hype: At first, I mean 2015, I was really hyped, but as the years passed, my hype decreased until today. In the morning, I was not hyped at all, but at 11:00 I recieved an E-mail. As I read the Title, I was completely happy and hyped to play Bannerlord. I recieved a Beta Key. Now I played the Beta 4 hours at one day.
Hope you also got a Beta Key.

I remember first playing Mount and Blade 13 years ago, it was so ground breaking and amazing to me. Back then it was just a guy and his wife who had created something so simple but so encompassing. I feel almost like my favorite childhood game is growing with me and I'm so excited to finally be able to play Bannerlord next week.

Breaking communications in the month leading up to release in not normal, especially for a company that has over-hyped with weekly blogs for years now, something is amiss...

Breaking communications in the month leading up to release in not normal, especially for a company that has over-hyped with weekly blogs for years now, something is amiss...

Breaking communications? They posted some 10 days ago about their response to the Covid-19 pandemic, and they also maintain an active twitter account for Mount & Blade.

Not saying that nothing is amiss, but they certainly haven't been radio silent

Been hoping for a beta key since the beta was announced, but no dice, so instead I'm reading every post on the forum and waiting for release

Fact is TW don't think EA as a release per se.
They are conciously avoiding too much buzz around the EA launch so they don't get too many annoyed reviewers feeling they were cheated into buying it out there.

3 years ago? Very hyped.
2 years ago? Hyped.
1 year ago? switched to worried as more details were released.
Now? May not even pre-order it and wait to hear from those that did about how much has changed for the worse.

The focus has been so high on multi-player and with the multitude of "new features" I worry the game is not going to be a sandbox but instead the appearance of a sandbox bogged down in too many features/systems in the new game play. I am wondering if the simplicity of the original is going to be lost and in a game like M&B it was the simplicity that made it so great and im wondering if the company has lost touch with the bulk of its player-base. The heavy focus on multi-player, when such a small part of the community played multi-player mods is what is causing me to think the possibility of us getting a game that is trying hard to break into the mainstream, and people that did not play M&B is the actual focus.

3 years ago? Very hyped.
2 years ago? Hyped.
1 year ago? switched to worried as more details were released.
Now? May not even pre-order it and wait to hear from those that did about how much has changed for the worse.

The focus has been so high on multi-player and with the multitude of "new features" I worry the game is not going to be a sandbox but instead the appearance of a sandbox bogged down in too many features/systems in the new game play. I am wondering if the simplicity of the original is going to be lost and in a game like M&B it was the simplicity that made it so great and im wondering if the company has lost touch with the bulk of its player-base. The heavy focus on multi-player, when such a small part of the community played multi-player mods is what is causing me to think the possibility of us getting a game that is trying hard to break into the mainstream, and people that did not play M&B is the actual focus.
Looks like the focus is on multiplayer because of the beta, with the EA things may turn around towards the single player experience.

Ummm...no, kingdom creation, weapon crafting iirc and several other features will be missing initialy
I think it's safest to assume it's Warband on steroids rather than a full fledged sequel.

Back
Top Bottom