Painting and not only crafting !

Should clothes and armor painting be aded?

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

bannerknight

Recruit
Hello
I have a suggestion which will make single player character look more realistic .
Some times you play with a faction but wears another faction armor or dress like playing as an aserai prince while wearing some green britannic outfit which will be different for the desert aserai color so i suggest that you can also paint your clothes and armor or at least add some cloth on (with limited colors) .

If by painting you mean recolors/dyes, then yes. There's a baller looking Aserai silk robe that as far as I can tell only comes in one color. Supposedly TW removed Dyeworks from the game, so maybe that means they want to implement it once they manage to give it a mechanic similar to the armorer?

If by painting you mean recolors/dyes, then yes. There's a baller looking Aserai silk robe that as far as I can tell only comes in one color. Supposedly TW removed Dyeworks from the game, so maybe that means they want to implement it once they manage to give it a mechanic similar to the armorer?
That's what i meant :grin:

Not exactly an answer but I have noticed on videos of the Enhanced Battle Mod that armors come in a variety of colors. Not really the armors themselves but the clothing underneath. Not only simple colors but many different patterns, stripes, plaid, etc.. I've seen the same set of armor have multiple different robes underneath. Devs said recently that faction troops will all be the same color but i don't think that applies to the player's troops, unless I'm mistaken. So I'm thinking that armors will be available to purchase at towns with different color pallets like in Warband.

Either way it does look like different color pallets are in the game files so if it isn't to your liking it would be easy to change. I've been working on my own mod ideas for simply rearranging armor/equipment between faction troops to make them more to my liking. From my limited mod tinkering it is pretty easy to do in Warband. I also wouldn't doubt that modders will make a tool/program pretty quickly that will allow you to customize troop files, seeing as this is a big and varied concern on the forums.

Not exactly an answer but I have noticed on videos of the Enhanced Battle Mod that armors come in a variety of colors. Not really the armors themselves but the clothing underneath. Not only simple colors but many different patterns, stripes, plaid, etc.. I've seen the same set of armor have multiple different robes underneath. Devs said recently that faction troops will all be the same color but i don't think that applies to the player's troops, unless I'm mistaken. So I'm thinking that armors will be available to purchase at towns with different color pallets like in Warband.

Either way it does look like different color pallets are in the game files so if it isn't to your liking it would be easy to change. I've been working on my own mod ideas for simply rearranging armor/equipment between faction troops to make them more to my liking. From my limited mod tinkering it is pretty easy to do in Warband. I also wouldn't doubt that modders will make a tool/program pretty quickly that will allow you to customize troop files, seeing as this is a big and varied concern on the forums.
IT IS A FEATURE THAT NEED TO BE IN 2020

IT IS A FEATURE THAT NEED TO BE IN 2020
While I do agree with you that it should be a feature on release, there are many things that people also feel should be features in the game that aren't going to be in there. EA will be about a year long so I imagine the game will improve a lot in that timeframe. TW has also shown a willingness to change their minds on stuff based on player feedback (new armors being added for example). Even if it is never officially added to the game it can/will be modded most likely. One of the great things about Warband and Bannerlord is that the developers encourage people to mod their game. People released a mod for the closed beta after a few weeks, dont really see that a lot in other games.

If you want it, it will be modded. If someone doesn't make a mod for it then you can be the one that does make one.

While I do agree with you that it should be a feature on release, there are many things that people also feel should be features in the game that aren't going to be in there. EA will be about a year long so I imagine the game will improve a lot in that timeframe. TW has also shown a willingness to change their minds on stuff based on player feedback (new armors being added for example). Even if it is never officially added to the game it can/will be modded most likely. One of the great things about Warband and Bannerlord is that the developers encourage people to mod their game. People released a mod for the closed beta after a few weeks, dont really see that a lot in other games.

If you want it, it will be modded. If someone doesn't make a mod for it then you can be the one that does make one.
I totally agree with you
And what you said is the very reason that made warband lives until today

I want to draw basic things in Bannerlord(sp/mp), but i dont think that i want cloth painting. I want a wide range of diversity for weapons/clothes.
But, i would like to draw & paint my own Banner. I will be Lord with my own Banner.

I want to draw basic things in Bannerlord(sp/mp), but i dont think that i want cloth painting. I want a wide range of diversity for weapons/clothes.
But, i would like to draw & paint my own Banner. I will be Lord with my own Banner.
This is the thing i am speaking of(to have diversity)

You could paint your horse or your wagon.

Now I have the song Paint Your Wagon stuck in my head. The sound of Lee Marvin singing still haunts me.

:xf-tongue:

I totally agree with you
And what you said is the very reason that made warband lives until today

Exactly, Warband is the only game that I have continually played since its release, because of mods. Everything else I would eventually become bored of. But every new mod is like a new game for me. Once I started messing around in the files and figured out how to change items around and reskin stuff well that just added a whole new level. Now I could customize the game for me. For this reason I'm not worried about things being messed up on release, the amount of content generated by the community (or myself) will likely keep me busy for another decade.

And I do agree with your OP. I don't like the "uniform" look. Maybe on empire troops as that would kind of match with the idea that they were equipped by the State like the Roman Legions were. But not the other factions, soldiers provided their own equipment mostly and were very much individuals. I never liked the idea that everyone in the dark ages/middle ages wore dull, dreary clothing. Dyes were in very high demand, clothing was a demonstration of craftsmanship, even if someone was poor they tried very hard not to look "poor". Youtube videos of the recent re-enactment of the Battle of Hastings in 1066 are a good example of what I imagine they looked like. Everyone basically wore armor and a helmet over their "street clothes" so soldiers look the same but also unique. Completely uniform soldiers reminds me more of a fantasy movie than real life. Hell, even modern infantryman with issued equipment and uniforms end up looking different from each other just by the way they set up their gear.

Colors aren't hardcoded, all cloth parts on all armors/equipment are colorless by default, they change color based on the wearer's culture.
Meaning, a Battanian clothing you've looted as an Aserai prince, would be worn as orange (Aserai color) by you.

Colors aren't hardcoded, all cloth parts on all armors/equipment are colorless by default, they change color based on the wearer's culture.
Meaning, a Battanian clothing you've looted as an Aserai prince, would be worn as orange (Aserai color) by you.

I understand that from a multiplayer readability perspective, but I admit it's a just a little immersion breaking to see a Khuzait village scene where every Rabble is wearing the same shade of Teal. Granted this was from a 2019 Gamescom singleplayer video, but still.

In any case, thanks for your candor.

I understand that from a multiplayer readability perspective, but I admit it's a just a little immersion breaking to see a Khuzait village scene where every Rabble is wearing the same shade of Teal. Granted this was from a 2019 Gamescom singleplayer video, but still.

In any case, thanks for your candor.

Civilians don't share the same system, civilians have their own color pools, unrelated to kingdoms they belong in. That video is probably outdated, can't remember which one you're talking about.
Troops do share the same color, but they have slight variations of hue and saturation to break the uniform look.

Civilians don't share the same system, civilians have their own color pools, unrelated to kingdoms they belong in. That video is probably outdated, can't remember which one you're talking about.
Troops do share the same color, but they have slight variations of hue and saturation to break the uniform look.

That's encouraging to hear. May have been from 2018 or something.

Keeping my fingers crossed for a Player-specific, non-troop dyeing system though. Even if only for Civilian clothing. How can I RP as a dashing rogue if I'm not clad in all black? :razz:

Back
Top Bottom