War hounds

Do you want war hounds in the game?

• Yes

Votes: 106 67.1%
  • No

Votes: 52 32.9%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Dogs are in the game, what they're used for though I have no idea.
hdkpas3HgqES8M7j3trJaWxMfip67qdiceFUGNXxiB4.jpg

I don't really care much for something like this, I wouldn't be heartbroken if this wasn't included. To clarify I'm fine with dogs as pets, especially with the ability to raise a family in-game but using dogs for the purposes of warfare seems a bit naff to me.

Dogs are in the game, what they're used for though I have no idea.
hdkpas3HgqES8M7j3trJaWxMfip67qdiceFUGNXxiB4.jpg
I'm guessing that if there are dogs we encounter them in villages as pets and not on the battlefield with spiked collars. Then again I remember they were in Viking Conquest but I never really bothered with them so I don't know what you can do with them and they could very well have been fighting dogs. Oh, and the animation for dogs in Bannerlord is much better than before. Link to Dev Blog.

Last edited:
Fighting of rabid canines is a pet peeve I have with a lot of games, so I'd rather have pet/hunting dog I can name and pet than a squadron of throat ripping German shepherds in my war party.
I would be up for a guard dog that increases the perception radius and makes it harder for prisoners to escape undetected or something like that.
Although if we're having pets then I must insist we have cats too. Someone has to break my preciously expensive imperial wine glasses on purpose after all.

Fighting of rabid canines is a pet peeve I have with a lot of games, so I'd rather have pet/hunting dog I can name and pet than a squadron of throat ripping German shepherds in my war party.
I would be up for a guard dog that increases the perception radius and makes it harder for prisoners to escape undetected or something like that.
Although if we're having pets then I must insist we have cats too. Someone has to break my preciously expensive imperial wine glasses on purpose after all.

Haha! I'm down with that.

I don't really care much for something like this, I wouldn't be heartbroken if this wasn't included. To clarify I'm fine with dogs as pets, especially with the ability to raise a family in-game but using dogs for the purposes of warfare seems a bit naff to me.

I'm guessing that if there are dogs we encounter them in villages as pets and not on the battlefield with spiked collars. Then again I remember they were in Viking Conquest but I never really bothered with them so I don't know what you can do with them and they could very well have been fighting dogs. Oh, and the animation for dogs in Bannerlord is much better than before. Link to Dev Blog.

I'll be alright if they're not there, as war dogs were "a thing that happened", so to speak, but weren't overly common on the battlefield. I'd most like to see them as part of a hunting mechanic, to be honest. One of the most ubiquitous tasks for dogs in the period, particularly among the noble caste, was simply leading hunting parties.

Dogs could increase your parties tracking/spotting ability. Help with the passive hunting, which is already in the game btw, if you read the perks.

Also if they have made models/animations for them, surely they will be in the scenes to interact with on some level. Could make your castle hall look pretty sweet to have a couple dogs chewing on some skulls... I mean beef during your feast.

I'm not sure I get why you're bent out of shape about dogs trained for war. Guard dogs and cats would probably be a castle upgrade if anything.

Back
Top Bottom