Dev Blog

Users who are viewing this thread

Would anyone here will be buying or not buying the game in EA depending of whatever could be anounced regarding modding or whaever functionnality will be present in EA ?
I do not.
I Will be buying the game either way, but i have seen others here saying they wish to hold until they know what is missing. I realize the blog about early access will come in a later blog, i just hope they find the time to actually post it. And yes many People have been waiting for modding blog. I'm not trying to insult callum or the team, just trying to get some information to when we will get the blog.

Would anyone here will be buying or not buying the game in EA depending of whatever could be anounced regarding modding or whaever functionnality will be present in EA ?
I do not.
I do not care about modding in an EA version of the game. The bigger mods like PoP,Third Age, and all the other total overhauls will most likely not be present during EA because of the instability in patches and updates. There will be minor mods sure, but i'll just skip those and atleast enjoy vanilla for a time.

So yes i will buy it.

dev_lemmy.gif

I Will be buying the game either way, but i have seen others here saying they wish to hold until they know what is missing. I realize the blog about early access will come in a later blog, i just hope they find the time to actually post it. And yes many People have been waiting for modding blog. I'm not trying to insult callum or the team, just trying to get some information to when we will get the blog.
My point is that it's irrelevant whether the blog comes out now or a few days before. I hope you understand these posts + the mentions to Callum shift the attention to the wrong place

My point is that it's irrelevant whether the blog comes out now or a few days before. I hope you understand these posts + the mentions to Callum shift the attention to the wrong place
I agree that at this point it is irrelevant since it has long since past the supposed blog release date-frame. What is relevant is the trust and faith people have in Taleworlds to adhere to their word especially after so many mishaps. They put themselves in these situations time and time again by making promises (some unnecessary) that they can rarely keep.

However, I completely disagree with you about Callum's attention being shifted to the wrong place. Callum is the community manager (rather than a developer) so his attention should definitely be here quelling the controversy. If you believe that his attention should be elsewhere; for most people here to understand, it literally takes him pinning a single sentence message on the forum saying:

"Greetings warriors of Calradia, we won't be posting any updates until after EA" or

"Greetings and farewell warriors of Calradia, I have better things to do than attend to the peasants and rabble - see you at release"

Takes about 30 seconds that I'm sure can be spared at this point.

I do not.
I will, I played warband for a year or so until I found mods, and I didnt even started a faction of my own, Warband was vast as **** even with all the short features it presented

I believe you misinterpret the job of comm mngr. Callum isnt tbe single guy telling devs where the bugs are, mate. He is the representatice of the company on the web. He is the guy who is supposed to be telling us what is happening, yet he can't dedicate 48sec to post a single nessage on the forums - the official company comms plaxe, might i add - to tell us about the blog. He has been doing this too frequently for the past 14 months, or so.

Don't think im hating on him, i was often called a white knight defending him and TW much as you are doing now. But this screams negligence now. Yes they should focus on the game, but callum is not paid for that, he is paid to communicate with us. A subway sandwich artist is paid to make sanwiches, sometimes to attend the cashier stand. They do not participate in board meetings that decide which sauce should go off the menu, or how much should they invest in a 2% sodium increase on the teriyaki. Different jobs, different responsibilities, and callum seems to be negligent for the last year. If you search for the transition between weekly blogs and biweekly ones, youll see it wad nonexistent. Callum just said "we were thonking on doing it, we did it now." Delaying a werkly blog for 15 days (more than 2 weeks), and never really keeping up the one blog every two weeks thing.
Now, if tw is making callum do something more than pr and community, or he is too depressed to work properly, he has not mentioned anything. And doing that should be his main job.

As always, we have to conform to

Just noticed kamina said the same thing, but better.
Well, great minds think like two rabbits by a stone that leads to rome... or something like that, im bad with proverbs

Back
Top Bottom