How are you passing the days?

What's your preferred method for handling release month agony?

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

If you're anything like me, when it's this close to a release you're really waiting for, it's hard to think about much else. To pass the days, I usually have to come up with creative things to do that involve the game I'll be playing. In this case, I chose to make a family tree for my eventual first character. I posted this in the Art subforum while it was a WIP, but deleted it when I realized a lot of the art in there doesn't actually have anything to do with Mount and Blade. Instead, I'll show you here what I mean.

Using various tools, a ridiculously convoluted and haphazard highly sophisticated mix-matching of random event tables from various TTRPGs, a few house rules, and nearly killing my image editor with a file that exported to over 75 MB in size at first, I've put together a rough history for my eventual character. This should allow me to ground the character in the lore a bit, which in turn helps me connect with the character and care about the decisions I make. I wasn't fully up on Calradian pre-history, so a lot of this may be inaccurate; I just winged a lot of it based on late Roman history, basically. Names... may need to change, depending on how the lore ends up handling patronymics, but I went with what I'm expecting them to do with that particular element.

.... And most of all, note that it's in two halves because it was too big for literally any image hosting platform to accept. It's also less pretty than it was for that reason. If you happen to be really curious how this looks in full (which will probably be no one, I'm the only person I've ever met this interested in fictional characters' lineage), slapping one image on top of the other corner-to-corner should do the trick.

First half
Second half

If there are any mistakes... I probably copy-pasted and forgot to change something. I worked on this well into the night over like three days, so there are bound to be a bunch of errors. Also note that I didn't get to pick who got blurbs, that was random chance. The most important lot are the ones in the big box at the bottom. Those are my choices for my (possibly several) starting Bannerlord characters.

(Edit: Case in point, three Morcans at the bottom. Forgot to name the two lads to the right, I'll do that privately as this thing was a pain to export. Likewise, Frigi isn't a daughter of the clan, that line is misplaced. It's stuff like that.)

Long story short, my attempt to waste a day got out of hand.

How are the rest of you passing the days? I know I've read about some on here using Warband creatively to challenge themselves, and hearing about some of those could be inspirational to the rest of us. Anything else, though? Other games, series binge-watching, extreme sports?

Last edited:
I have been unemployed/underemployed for the last 18 months. I finally got my dream job, what I have been done 7 1/2 years of higher education for. This month I am more or less part time, but in April I am full time and for the first couple of months I will be doing close to 50 hours week plus some extra time at home studying. Of course bannerlord is released on friggin March 31st. I am so happy about the new job, and so annoyed that the other thing I have been waiting 6 years for is happening right as I will be the busiest I have been for the last several years. But I am passing my time by throwing myself into my new work, and at least the part time training I am getting this month.

I have been unemployed/underemployed for the last 18 months. I finally got my dream job, what I have been done 7 1/2 years of higher education for. This month I am more or less part time, but in April I am full time and for the first couple of months I will be doing close to 50 hours week plus some extra time at home studying. Of course bannerlord is released on friggin March 31st. I am so happy about the new job, and so annoyed that the other thing I have been waiting 6 years for is happening right as I will be the busiest I have been for the last several years. But I am passing my time by throwing myself into my new work, and at least the part time training I am getting this month.

Ouch! Well, I guess technically, you win and lose either way, so let's call it a win. :grin: At least you've got your current work to keep you busy while you wait.

Wish i could just drink beer, but trying to play other games, like Might and Magic 7: Blood and Honor, Wolcen and Hears to Iron 4. and watching things like Stargate SG1. and being on this forum.

What happened to you on the steam forum? It’s not the same without you ☹

They banned me for making a comment about the moderators' actions. I replied to another guy's comment about how he got shadow moderated by basically saying they got one of my posts too, then that I prefer it that way because when I get a Steam community notice, I assume I've been banned. "If you're gonna remove my post and not punish me, I honestly prefer if you just don't even tell me." Moments later, bam. Banned until March 10th. "Please refrain from discussing moderator actions. If you have a complaint, discuss it here."

They banned me for making a comment about the moderators' actions. I replied to another guy's comment about how he got shadow moderated by basically saying they got one of my posts too, then that I prefer it that way because when I get a Steam community notice, I assume I've been banned. "If you're gonna remove my post and not punish me, I honestly prefer if you just don't even tell me." Moments later, bam. Banned until March 10th. "Please refrain from discussing moderator actions. If you have a complaint, discuss it here."

Was it a steam support moderator too? I thought you were banned for a different reason.

What the hell, ive had some warnings for similar things but it was the moderator “aeronwen” who also perma banned me from another forum a few years ago, not sure which one it was that got you, they banned a few others for literally nothing aswell after you, they act like the gestapo with their “don’t argue with a moderator or their actions”. I know it’s not a democracy but one should be allowed to question something if genuinely feeling something was out of order, you were the most civil person on that entire forum lol, sorry they went on a power trip against you mate.

What the hell, ive had some warnings for similar things but it was the moderator “aeronwen” who also perma banned me from another forum a few years ago, not sure which one it was that got you, they banned a few others for literally nothing aswell after you, they act like the gestapo with their “don’t argue with a moderator or their actions”. I know it’s not a democracy but one should be allowed to question something if genuinely feeling something was out of order, you were the most civil person on that entire forum lol, sorry they went on a power trip against you mate.

Heh, and I was even agreeing with their actions. I guess they take "zero tolerance" seriously on Steam.

Not sure what kind of moderator exactly, I assume Steam.
Yeah that kind of idiotic behaviour it is totally normal on Steam moderators. Those guys*girls are monkeys with superusser privileges.
I have many open battles with em.
They cant still explain some bans to me.

On topic: I spend my days learning old programming languaje i need for work (stupid Visual Basic :xf-mad:) and Flutter (for my own reason)

I was play lots and lots or warband, but this month I'm trying to cleanse my pallet for Bannerlord. I know form the beta that it has lots of little differences in the way if feels and plays and I'll enjoy it more if I'm not comparing it to warband. I've been playing Pathfinder Kingmaker and will probably play some other rpgs if I finish that.

Before today : University and lab research (micropalaeontology / glaciology)
As of today : Quarantine without a beta key, guess I'll learn something on the internet, maybe german? I'm open to suggestions!

P.S. If anybody is considering a lab career in micropalaeontology or wants to know how it works, don't hesitate to ask!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom