Dualswords?

Users who are viewing this thread

Just mod a shield. Make that shield a sword that cover little but give high "shield bash" damage. This way dual weapons can work in mods.

Comparing dual wielding to zombies is utterly ridiculous and dishonest.
I was not comparing them. I was simply stating that the Taleworld's original idea about the game was different back then (zombies, undead kings, dual swords etc.). Didnt you read the comment I was replying to ?

I was not comparing them. I was simply stating that the Taleworld's original idea about the game was different back then (zombies, undead kings, dual swords etc.). Didnt you read the comment I was replying to ?
I wrote the comment you were replying to. I am well aware of what it says. Are you?

If dual-wielding was a thing then they would probably solve it with the Stance System.

left-stance = use left weapon, right stance = use right weapon.

Pros:
-1h weapons are currently divided into short-spear, sword, axe, mace. They have different properties in combat making it useful to have access to both. Swing at a knight with the mace, swing as peasants with the sword.
-looks cool AF

Cons:
- Must rework weapon selection mechanic
- Stance system is honestly really unintuitive and it wouldn't be a clean implementation

That's actually a really nice idea; I could certainly see a use for a short mace in one hand and a long sword in the other. But yeah.. stances are awkward.

Perhaps it could work as a semi-shield as well. For example perhaps while blocking with two weapons you block in two directions at once ( both vertical or horizontal). Obviously you would have no protection against ranged weapons but as a block aid and versatility option it might be pretty sweet.

Why not just have it work as if equipped one handed, but change the animations and stats? Kind of like how dual wielding works in vermintide 2, there is an extra model for the other weapon but attacking/blocking works exactly the same and there are updated stats (increased damage, less block etc.). Just for looking cool, really.

Why not just have it work as if equipped one handed, but change the animations and stats? Kind of like how dual wielding works in vermintide 2, there is an extra model for the other weapon but attacking/blocking works exactly the same and there are updated stats (increased damage, less block etc.). Just for looking cool, really.

That's probably the simplest solution to be honest. Well this is all conjecture anyway - i don't see TW adding it anytime soon. A vocal few would kick up a fuss for little benefit to the game.

I think it could work the way punching currently works; left direction attack always uses the left hand, right direction attack always uses the right hand, and the up/down attacks depend on your stance. While southpaw up/down attacks are done with the left weapon and in orthodox with the right. If one of your weapons is incapable of thrusting but the other is, you always will use the thrusting weapon for down attacks. If you hold down the attack button to do a power attack, you will wind up with both weapons at once. For weapon selection, it would be simple; scrolling forward cycles your right hand weapon like it currently does and scrolling back cycles the left. If you're only carrying one one handed weapon then nothing is different.

NC6VapD.gif

I remember some mods did have dual wielding in war band but the off hand sword just served as a faster shield with a little hit box. While it would be cool to have two axes while raiding I don't think it is a high priority. So more likely some modder will help you out mate.

Well, that was the purpose of a second weapon in duels. It wouldn't be practical to carry a shield in your every day life, but a parrying dagger wouldn't get in the way and it's conspicuous enough. Dual wielding historically was the equivalent of carrying a buckler. Also, I don't think dual wielding should be in the base game because it wouldn't make sense to see dual wielding on the battlefield. However, bandits in towns...

Back
Top Bottom