What made you sad today? v.IV

Users who are viewing this thread

Didn't know you were called Mercedes around these parts. :shifty:

I ended up getting drunk with my flatmate and passing out on the couch. Not too shabby.

It's valentines day and I discover that my ex now has a new partner, and it feels extremely weird... gut wrenching in fact.
How long since you became exes? Probably gonna take a while before you stop giving ****s altogether and that's normal.

Don't worry, I knew it was a stretch myself.

Anyway, speaking of sad: existential crisis and not having a clue about what I want to do with my life in general. 'sup

Took care of beloved ones with bad cancers for the last 2 years or so. I took sabbatical and never left their sides during that time. It was always at best a delaying action, but they gave the best accounting they could. They both had the strength of will to do no less. Lost the Woman in mid September, and my Father in early August of last year. Some days are better the others. Some days are horrendous. Today is one of the latter. That hollowness that rises from the depths of your chest and up into sides of jaw.

You're a good person for doing what you did man, I know that's probably no consolation but it takes a lot of integrity to care for people in that situation and not find a way out of it. I'm sorry for your losses man.

Took care of beloved ones with bad cancers for the last 2 years or so. I took sabbatical and never left their sides during that time. It was always at best a delaying action, but they gave the best accounting they could. They both had the strength of will to do no less. Lost the Woman in mid September, and my Father in early August of last year. Some days are better the others. Some days are horrendous. Today is one of the latter. That hollowness that rises from the depths of your chest and up into sides of jaw.
IA, I can relate and I'm very sorry for your losses. My condolences.

I find that the lows of life hurt so much more than the highs help. Those sorts of lows will probably be painful for the rest of your life, but they'll be less frequent and less painful as time moves on. Hang in there, mate. :sad:

Uderzo passed away at 92. Damn.

I shall raise a toasted bread to him for some excellent work. His writing is horrifically terrible and most of the Asterix books got worse after Goscinny died, but his illustrations and creative process worked excellently as a duo. A great cartoonist.

You´re in the UK? Where are you and where is your family situated?
Me, reading in a flat w friends
Family, town near North London

Public transport to there is blocked off and lockdown started in London and Reading before the rest of the UK so I've been trapped here eating **** for over a week. \o/

Back
Top Bottom