Things to Actually Do in Your Castle

Users who are viewing this thread

It's hard to create new gameplay for castles, there's always somewhere you need to go ASAP.
If this was enforced by mandatory resting (the party gets progressively tired and needs to rest, preferably indoors), then maybe a few short, variable, skippable cutscenes would help roleplaying.
Another part of the game when you can use cutscenes with dialogs is the pre-battle council.

Time pauses when you are in a scene, so if player doesn't have limited time to play the game, some roleplay elements in castles/towns wouldn't hurt anyone in my opinion.

In Warband, apart from taking a walk around the grounds or talking to a couple of NPCs with extremely limited dialogue, there was actually very little to do in your freshly conquered castle.

I'm hoping this changes. I love the idea of being able to have a better variety of actions and more than anything else, actually have a reason to spend some time in the stone walls my men have shed blood for.

Can you imagine if you could sit on your throne, eat and drink to temporarily boost your own stats , play the board game of bannerlord with one of your men across the table ...and then pay to order a feast and some local dancing girls? (for a party morale boost).

And how cool would it be if, when you become the king of your own lands and declare independence, that you have a map room in your largest castle where you can stand around the map and administer your kingdom... adding and editing troop patrol routes etc...

Just ideas....

Mini games, minor quests, dialogue with visitors, and diplomacy/decision making would all be nice additions to have when at your fief.

Additionally, if an army is stationed with you at your fief there should ideally be more order/morale, greater productivity(some of your army may help out), and obviously better defense at the cost of greater consumption.

Frankly, this is Mount and Blade game, not Dismount and Simcastle. I rather if they work on the features that improve gameplay like combat AI. If I want to waste my time, I have better ways then using MB.

As for what you can do in your castle -you can fight sieges there.

It's also a medieval simulation game, as it's tagged in their store page. There is no connection between quality of combat AI and the roleplay elements of the game since seperate teams work in seperate things.

Frankly, this is Mount and Blade game, not Dismount and Simcastle. I rather if they work on the features that improve gameplay like combat AI. If I want to waste my time, I have better ways then using MB.

As for what you can do in your castle -you can fight sieges there.
The things suggested within the thread would help you to care a little more about your castle (or maybe a lot more). It all greatly helps with immersion. Not everything in mount and blade is just hack, slash and kill. If you really want to think about the game like that, ok...well fine. But that's extremely one dimensional.

Last edited:
I really like to see some ruler/Lord stuff, judge subjects, solve problems and build improvements to the castle like armory and forge, and many more improvements and buildings which are excluding with others like archery training grounds and barracks or some like that, and you can see that buildings in the scene

It's hard to create new gameplay for castles, there's always somewhere you need to go ASAP.
If this was enforced by mandatory resting (the party gets progressively tired and needs to rest, preferably indoors), then maybe a few short, variable, skippable cutscenes would help roleplaying.
Another part of the game when you can use cutscenes with dialogs is the pre-battle council.

Yeah, I'd quite like to see that rebalanced a bit. Once you've made it to the stage being a landed noble with your own castle(s), I kind of feel like there should be less emphasis on constantly buzzing around the map like a blue-ass fly.

I'd like to be able to delegate the more mundane tasks like collecting food and recruiting soldiers to some minion, while I deal with higher political matters from inside my keep.

If you want to be continue constantly traveling around visiting villages and keeping the roads clear of bandits, then you absolutely should be able to. But you also should be able to tell Nizar (or whoever) to do that for you because you've spent the whole early game doing it and now you've earned yourself a break. Notables and Lords should come to you if they want something.

A change of focus and a change of pace when you become a landed Lord would also compliment the family/heir mechanics. Now you're in the ruling class, you're less focused on the day-to-day, but on higher matters of state and on the generation-to-generation progression of your family. Time speeds up as you take the longer term view. You take to the road now only for more important matters that require your personal attention - which by their nature are less frequent than when you were an independent adventurer. Visiting your king or other kings and lords. Leading your men to war.

So yeah, I'd like to see more focus on staying in your castle once you get to that stage. Not just for role playing or for creating 'immersive' distractions: for gameplay progression.

The things suggested within the thread would help you to care a little more about your castle (or maybe a lot more). It all greatly helps with immersion. Not everything in mount and blade is just hack, slash and kill. If you really want to think about the game like that, ok...well fine. But that's extremely one dimensional.

Things suggested within the thread are one time things with no repeat value and close to zero connection to the rest of the game. At best they have atmospheric value. If there was nothing to add or improve to the main mechanic of the game, I would have nothing against it. But there is plenty that can be added or improved in the game that would add way more playability value using the same resources.

Things suggested within the thread are one time things with no repeat value and close to zero connection to the rest of the game. At best they have atmospheric value. If there was nothing to add or improve to the main mechanic of the game, I would have nothing against it. But there is plenty that can be added or improved in the game that would add way more playability value using the same resources.

Having a map room (as discussed above) where you could assign your troops patrol routes would be great and it would be tied to some of the main mechanics of the game. It would add a feeling of deeper realism, not just atmosphere. Just as one example. But I get the feeling that I will have to agree to completely disagree with you. Anyway, enough.

Last edited:
Having a map room (as discussed above) where you could assign your troops patrol routes would be great and it would be tied to some of the main mechanics of the game. It would add a feeling of deeper realism, not just atmosphere. Just as one example.

If there will be such feature as independent patrols that you can send in the final release version of the game, it will be primarily available from the interface of the game. Players would go to their war room map once ...to see the feature. After that, they will assign their patrols from the interface because it's faster.

So yes, it's atmospheric only too.

Just an idea, what if there's a "mini game" of sorts where you ask your Steward how stewarding is going, and the steward asks if you want to help. This starts a game where you are visited by random NPCs from the town that put forward their worries and the player has to arbitrate their problems.
Maybe there are X NPC events per day, and if you succeed then you get a bonus to your settlement.

"M'lord, wolfs are taking too many of my cattle, what can we do???"

a: "Ask the settlement militia to include the fields on their patrols" => Higher militia upkeep, Bonus to food produce
b: "This is not the lord's problem!" => penalty to food produce
c: "Send out hunting parties" => Chance of success, cost for hunter salary, longterm bonus to food produce

I have 2 more ideas:

Build ur room kinda sims :v
More money more luxury :wink:

Secound, when u speed up the gane in towns or castles a cinematic of u and the bois drinking and dancing in the tavern arhe

There are two perks of interest for this topic.

LEVEL 60
Nourish
(Personal) Your settlements prosperity grows at quadruple normal rate while you are waiting there.

The other perk is similar but increases rents instead of prosperity.

Having things to do in your fief is useful so you can utilize the perk while accomplishing a task eg solving disputes.

By "while you are waiting there", they meant that "by passing time while u statined in there". That perk doesn't change anything if you walk around the scene because time pauses when you are in the scene.

By "while you are waiting there", they meant that "by passing time while u statined in there". That perk doesn't change anything if you walk around the scene because time pauses when you are in the scene.
Youre right I should have been more specific. Im refering to potential disputes that can arise while time passes.

Or activities like training recruits that are active but then switch to the overview map where time continues to pass like the train villagers quest in Warband or when you kill the pesky merchant for a Lord in a town a couple of hours auto pass in the overview screen.

All progressive activity needs to come with a time cost. In WB this was usually travel but not always. So any activities in a fief would need a time cost before or after the action to prevent character progression without time passing.

Im basically refering to in town quests that you can more or less perform for the benefit of the fief while waiting there. Something that I ve worked on for my mod Lords of Calradia but never fully realized because Bannerlord is on the horizon.

Last edited:
In games come they did mention castle upgrades so i am hoping that you can change your castle overtime with enough cash. Maybe it would start to look like an Imperial castle than a Sturgian one. Or we could design the walls to cheese your castle to near un conquerable. That would be awesome!

Back
Top Bottom