Building pc for Bannerlord

Users who are viewing this thread

There's very little to choose between them. The X is more expensive and has slightly higher clocks and a better cooler, but I think even that cooler leaves a lot to be desired.

So I would get the cheaper 3600 and use the savings (£40 where I am) to get a quality third-party cooler, then it might well outperform a 3600X (it will have thermal headroom to boost higher) and run quieter too.
well a cooler is on the list as well, i just don't put those on the list. also i'm not planning on ovefr clocking so i don't see a reason for over heating much

well a cooler is on the list as well, i just don't put those on the list. also i'm not planning on ovefr clocking so i don't see a reason for over heating much
Then a 3600 might be a better choice since with the 3600X part of the extra cost is for a better cooler that you're not planning to use.

No need to overclock these Ryzens by the way -- they automatically boost without you having to do anything. A good cooler can help it boost higher.

Which game needs 32gigs of ram? That's insane and probably bad development.
Anyhow, get a B450 montherboard, x570 is expensive as **** and you do not need PCie 4.0. Many b450 boards come with the correct bios for Ryzen 3xxx .
Get a 3600 it just as good as the 3600x, get the 3600x if it is a couple bucks more because it comes with a better cooler.

As you live in the US the second hand market maybe is a good option for a GPU, maybe you can get a GTX 1070 or 1080 for a good price. If you want new then 5600xt is better than the 1660Ti, it is just as expensive but performance is 11% better.

Furthermore I would get the 660p NVMe drive from Intel, is more than good enough for games and streaming and just as cheap as normal sata SSDs. If you don't want QLC (more than reliable enough for your workload) then NVMe is not worth it at that price point, sata SSDs load games just as fast.

PSU is 450W minimum, 550W is more than enough. Get a decent brand (be quiet, Seasonic, Corsair, silverstone).
everything in the news right now is about amd gpu's having big issues, was going to go with 1660 nvidia, ti or super

hey, whaat do you guys think about this case?
honestly? It looks cool but it's over-priced. and its made by a tiny chinese company, maybe a limited production...who knows how long they will support this product. I would go with a more reputable company like corsair or cool master, and not tempt fate... that's just me though

honestly? It looks cool but it's over-priced. and its made by a tiny chinese company, maybe a limited production...who knows how long they will support this product. I would go with a more reputable company like corsair or cool master, and not tempt fate... that's just me though
Lian li is not a small Chinese company. They are very well known in the case industry and make good cases but often pricey.
That case is a bit expensive, especially for your price point, and really not that good. Look the review of GamersNexus if you want the full story. Basic conclusion is: run quite warm and the reason to buy this would be for the lights.

What I would go for is something like the p400A from phanteks.

Lian li is not a small Chinese company. They are very well known in the case industry and make good cases but often pricey.
That case is a bit expensive, especially for your price point, and really not that good. Look the review of GamersNexus if you want the full story. Basic conclusion is: run quite warm and the reason to buy this would be for the lights.

What I would go for is something like the p400A from phanteks.
well compared to a huge company like corsair they are pretty small

I would go with function over form... get the obsidian, its a big chunk of metal, for sure, but that's kind of a good thing imo...like a big radiator

well compared to a huge company like corsair they are pretty small

I would go with function over form... get the obsidian, its a big chunk of metal, for sure, but that's kind of a good thing imo...like a big radiator
Dude, that case is 120 bucks and from 2014. It has a **** load of drive bays which is also unneeded. Why would a case act like a big radiator? That is not the purpose of a case and does not work that way.

If you compare Corsair to a huge company like Alphabet they are pretty small.

According to GamersNexus the p400A was the best overall performing case of 2019. Read this article if you are interested: https://www.gamersnexus.net/guides/3534-gn-awards-show

Dude, that case is 120 bucks and from 2014. It has a **** load of drive bays which is also unneeded. Why would a case act like a big radiator? That is not the purpose of a case and does not work that way.

If you compare Corsair to a huge company like Alphabet they are pretty small.

According to GamersNexus the p400A was the best overall performing case of 2019. Read this article if you are interested: https://www.gamersnexus.net/guides/3534-gn-awards-show
Alphabet is not an OEM... it's a public holdings company... that owns damn near everything under the sun, including google... they probably indirectly own corsair. Not sure what your point is. if you want to compare apples to apples corsair is an 800 employee publicly traded company that specializes in component manufacturing for PCs (memory, cases, peripherals, cooling devices, fans) and phantek is a small privately held company in the netherlands with maybe less than 20 employees, that makes some cases and cooling blocks.

why would a case act like a radiator? because physics? that is the purpose of a case, to absorb and radiate heat. Aluminum is often preferred to glass or hard plastic in air cooled electronics applications, for it's higher heat capacitance compared to other metals, and low weight.

dont know what this award show is, but after reading it seems to be your standard benchmark advertising you can find anywhere, not very remarkable or convincing to me.

Alphabet is not an OEM... it's a public holdings company... that owns damn near everything under the sun, including google... they probably indirectly own corsair. Not sure what your point is. if you want to compare apples to apples corsair is an 800 employee publicly traded company that specializes in component manufacturing for PCs (memory, cases, peripherals, cooling devices, fans) and phantek is a small privately held company in the netherlands with maybe less than 20 employees, that makes some cases and cooling blocks.

why would a case act like a radiator? because physics? that is the purpose of a case, to absorb and radiate heat. Aluminum is often preferred to glass or hard plastic in air cooled electronics applications, for it's higher heat capacitance compared to other metals, and low weight.

dont know what this award show is, but after reading it seems to be your standard benchmark advertising you can find anywhere, not very remarkable or convincing to me.
And Corsairs sells basically every component in a PC except for storage CPU and GPU. So comparing Lian Li to Corsair is also not logical at all.

Have you seen how many fins a radiator has or air cooler? You think a big piece of metal surrounding the components will make a difference? Physics.
Cases are not made to conduct heat along its chassis, not how it works. It is all about decent airflow for temperatures.

GamersNexus is the case reviewer they go to, they do extensive testing basically no one else goes as far as they do. If you don't know them you are not really in a position to recommend a case (you also recommend one from 2014, which implies you have been out of the world for a couple of years).

hi, i'm working on building a pc right now for Bannerlord, but i'm not sure about the specs needed as of right now,
i'm looking at AMD with the 3400G and the intg graphics of RX Vega 11 that comes with it and 16 or 32 or maybe 64 ram at 3200 speed.
Would this be good to run it and run it at 30 or 60 FPS? like how good would it run please?

Sooooo, depending on you budget, I'd recommend following specs [My Specs before I got my upgrades]:
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER (8GB Vram) [Using a 2080ti rn]
- Intel Core i7-9700 [Octa-Core] 3.6/4.0 [Using a i9-9900 rn]
- 32 GB RAM

With those specs, you're pretty much able to play anything for the next couple of years. Those specs put into a PC will set you back around 1.500 - 1.700€

Sooooo, depending on you budget, I'd recommend following specs [My Specs before I got my upgrades]:
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER (8GB Vram) [Using a 2080ti rn]
- Intel Core i7-9700 [Octa-Core] 3.6/4.0 [Using a i9-9900 rn]
- 32 GB RAM

With those specs, you're pretty much able to play anything for the next couple of years. Those specs put into a PC will set you back around 1.500 - 1.700€
1. Why 32GB?
2. Why a i7 9700? Makes no sense. It is twice as expensive as a 3600 and it doesn't even include a cooler. Performs the same in games and has 4 less threads. It is a gaming pc so a 3600 makes way more sense.
3. He is probably gaming at 1080p which makes a 2070S way overpowered and expensive, get a 1660Ti/5600Xt/2060 for 1080p gaming, there is no need for it.

This is senseless money spending, he first wanted a 3400G and you recommend a PC for 1700 euros, that's insane.

I quickly made this list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/CcKWJb
Is less than a grand and should do more than well in 1080p for the coming years.

Finally, been waiting years for this game still play warband, my new pc as of today this is what I went with just for this game -- thoughts?
Intel Core i5-9400F Hexa-Core
MSI B360-A PRO
16GB (2x:cool: T-FORCE VULCAN Z
Zotac RTX 2060 SUPER
CoolerMaster Elite 600W

And Corsairs sells basically every component in a PC except for storage CPU and GPU. So comparing Lian Li to Corsair is also not logical at all.

Have you seen how many fins a radiator has or air cooler? You think a big piece of metal surrounding the components will make a difference? Physics.
Cases are not made to conduct heat along its chassis, not how it works. It is all about decent airflow for temperatures.

GamersNexus is the case reviewer they go to, they do extensive testing basically no one else goes as far as they do. If you don't know them you are not really in a position to recommend a case (you also recommend one from 2014, which implies you have been out of the world for a couple of years).
There is a difference between direct transfer of heat and static heat capacitance. Heat resistance vs material capacitance has an exponential growth factor. If you do not have enough material to store enough static heat, which is represented as the average coefficient of heat generated over time during active operations, you will hit the upper end of your heat resistance growth rate curve. Which suggests that there is a bare minimum material requirement for static heat capacitance, to stabilize the operation of any direct heat transfer mechanism, such as a thermal heat-sink coupled with a fan. This isnt a secret though, im not explaining anything new. OEM's have known this for nearly a century, and it's the reason why almost any component housing you can find for an air cooled device is made out of aluminum. I have worked for over 15 years with service and repair of high end medical equipment that uses components and cooling devices that would put all of your PCs to shame in an instant... but sure, maybe you're right and some paid to benchmark advertisement has more to offer than my practical experience and careful explanations.

There is a difference between direct transfer of heat and static heat capacitance. Heat resistance vs material capacitance has an exponential growth factor. If you do not have enough material to store enough static heat, which is represented as the average coefficient of heat generated over time during active operations, you will hit the upper end of your heat resistance growth rate curve. Which suggests that there is a bare minimum material requirement for static heat capacitance, to stabilize the operation of any direct heat transfer mechanism, such as a thermal heat-sink coupled with a fan. This isnt a secret though, im not explaining anything new. OEM's have known this for nearly a century, and it's the reason why almost any component housing you can find for an air cooled device is made out of aluminum. I have worked for over 15 years with service and repair of high end medical equipment that uses components and cooling devices that would put all of your PCs to shame in an instant... but sure, maybe you're right and some paid to benchmark advertisement has more to offer than my practical experience and careful explanations.
Omg man, if you have so much experience please just accept that you are wrong and computer cases are not medical equipment.

There are 2 components that output the majority of the heat, CPU and GPU, which both are only in contact with the case by a couple of screws so the conduction of heat is ****.
The coolant of a water cooled loop is not more than a delta Temperature of 10 degrees compared to ambient, then it is considered fine. A heatsink on a cpu get's to about 40-50 degrees.

So a fan blows the hot air, which probably won't get much hotter than 35-40 degrees, through the heatsink and then another fan blows it out of the case (water cooling it could be the same fan). So the heat is blown out of the back, which may cause the back of the case to heat up a little. Then fresh cool air is blown in from the front where the case has not heated up.....
A case is not made from 1 piece of metal and only connected by screws so the conductivity between the front and back is ****.

So then I can think of 1 more argument why it would help with thermal if the case is from metal which is that the air inside the case heats up and so does the case. But if the heatsinks get up to 40-50 degrees then the air probably won't be much hotter than 35. So, if it would possibly work that way, the case would become 35 degrees and then? Not cool down because the case doesn't have fins and barely any airflow?

Cases are made from metal because it is cheap sturdy and light, for thermals it does not make a noticeable difference.

Airflow is so much more important than the conductivity of the case that it makes the difference negligible.

Also apparently you have no idea who GamersNexus is and are calling them shills for money, you are certainly not in the PC building market if you call them that. You say I should trust you (a random stranger) because you rant a bit about science which is not applicable, you look more like a Corsair shill than anything else.

Back
Top Bottom