Dedicated servers

Users who are viewing this thread

This is what happens when you listen to what 10 sweaty competitive native players has to say, instead of looking at or contacting the public community servers in NW/WB, or the larger event managers/nw regiments.
/Napoleonic Role Play & Jailbreak

@Gretel, c'mon, complain at TW on behalf of Minisiege.
Yeah, i saw you a lot during this beta giving feedback

Make a 180 back to napoleonic wars boi, that's where you can feel special

This is what happens when you listen to what 10 sweaty competitive native players has to say, instead of looking at or contacting the public community servers in NW/WB, or the larger event managers/nw regiments.
/Napoleonic Role Play & Jailbreak

@Gretel, c'mon, complain at TW on behalf of Minisiege.
I agree with you, I think TW made a huge mistake by giving too much importance to a few native competitive clans, which concern something like 100 players who will enjoy the new skirmish mode, but at the same time they forget thousands of NW/PW/WB/etc players who enjoy large battles and organized events (guys it's mount&blade, we want ****ing big battles !). It's really a bad marketing strategy.

Actually from what Callum posted a couple of years back:

4AA6965815076FAEA49298FB2C0BE72B0923B22A

We know they want to appeal to the mass market casual crowd. This makes it more frustrating we may have to wait a very long time to get the custom servers that allow us to facilitate the very target audience of the game!

I don't see how combat/balance changes would be related to the lack of dedicated server files at the start of EA.
The point is, TW has been so focused on the competitive side of MP with the 7-player modes in skirmish and captain mode, as well as creating the match-making system itself, that they have completely forgotten about how to improve the public servers.

I have no clue if you've ever played on NRP, but do a YouTube search and the first result on "Napoleonic Role Play" will show you a video showcasing like 5 out ot our 20+ varied, much appreciated game-modes.

We're now going into Early Access without leader/officer-slots fot each class, meaning any community or regiment wanting to organize, coordinated large battles will have trouble with formations, having players follow the right person and so forth.

I really don't think we, the public community, would've asked for much. But it's even uncertain if you'll be able to play without pre-made classes/sets on public servers as of now, or whether its possible to toggle only infantry/no archers on servers, etc. All in all, it seems like the public servers will be like Holdfast: Nations at War and War of Rights was on their launch. In simple words, sh#t, repetitive and dying.

/Typing on phone, sorry if mess.

The ignorance of some people who just started reading the forums is honestly baffling.

Attacking people who have been doing feedback for ages while they were sitting on their asses doing nothing is disgusting.

Yeah, i saw you a lot during this beta giving feedback

Make a 180 back to napoleonic wars boi, that's where you can feel special
I don't get your point. I've been playing the MP Beta quite a lot of recently, whilst there has been like generally 15 people using the match-making system. Meanwhile there are already more players playing om the open tdm servers. If that don't prove they listened to the wrong people, Idk what. If you feel attacked by "sweaty competitive player", then I'm sorry. I've seen you give good feedback. I targeted that at the actua, like turkish team, TW confessed as to having listened to a lot a few months ago. I'm sure Bannerlord can be both public and competitive, but don't tell me to fk off. Rather try to disprove our case of TW totally not giving a sh#t about communities right now.

I don't get your point. I've been playing the MP Beta quite a lot of recently, whilst there has been like generally 15 people using the match-making system. Meanwhile there are already more players playing om the open tdm servers. If that don't prove they listened to the wrong people, Idk what.
No ****, but you think taleworlds is exactly following word by word what is said on the forums. You think the only thing the tryhard forums are for is a 100% competitive play which is completely false. Most of us on the forums you call "sweaty tryhards" are also people who want large scale battles.

The point is, TW has been so focused on the competitive side of MP with the 7-player modes in skirmish and captain mode, as well as creating the match-making system itself, that they have completely forgotten about how to improve the public servers. I have no clue if you've ever played on NRP, but do a YouTube search and the first result on "Napoleonic Role Play" will show you a video showcasing like 5 out ot our 20+ varied, much appreciated game-modes. We're now going into Early Access without leader/officer-slots fot each class, meaning any community or regiment wanting to organize, coordinated large battles will have trouble with formations, having players follow the right person and so forth. I really don't think we, the public community, would've asked for much. But it's even uncertain if you'll be able to play without pre-made classes/sets on public servers as of now, or whether its possible to toggle only infantry/no archers on servers, etc.

Your point was that dedicated server files won't be shared at the start of EA because of listening to "what 10 sweaty competitive native players have to say", which is obviously ridiculous, and combat/balance changes would be needed regardless of where the focus is. I think yours is a baseless claim, you don't know why the files won't be shared, and there are different teams working on different aspects of the game. Developers handling combat/balance most likely don't work with servers.

The ignorance of some people who just started reading the forums is honestly baffling.

Attacking people who have been doing feedback for ages while they were sitting on their asses doing nothing is disgusting.
I would have loved to be chosen early and get an alpha or beta key, unfortunatly TW chose to give keys to random people who sold their keys because they filled the form 50 times and totally forgot players with thousands hours in Warband and filled the beta form once with real infos. So excuse me I can be salty.

I would have loved to be chosen early and get an alpha or beta key, unfortunatly TW chose to give keys to random people who sold their keys because they filled the form 50 times and totally forgot players with thousands hours in Warband and filled the beta form once with real infos. So excuse me I can be salty.

Yeah guess what, i had to go all the way to gamescom to get a key.

Heh. Someone in my regiment got multiple keys from the gamescom gave one to me. I then got a first wave access key from the beta application hehe.

We gave the excess keys to people in our regiment in a giveaweay.

So everyone has to go to gamescome to get a key? Sorry to have a full time job then
I still don't have beta key
No, but you shouldn't make such assumption about people here on the forums without even trying to see that a lot of people here are in the same boat as you and don't want competitive.

You responded with
Considering we were not considered enough to get beta keys despite years of involvement its kinda meh younes.
Come on we had to buy beta keys lol

Back
Top Bottom