Dedicated servers

Users who are viewing this thread

Hi,

First of all, let me introduce myself: I am Verdieb, leader of the 14eGaming, formerly known as the 14e Régiment d’Infanterie de Ligne on Napoleonic Wars.

We were very active mostly between 2011 and 2014 where the 14e forged it’s solid reputation, rewarding many years of major involvement. We loved this game so much.

After all that time, we put the game on standby, and evolved into a Gaming Community. We are so eager to return to Warband once more, with the future release of Bannerlord.

I wanted to take the time to write to you, today, to share my concerns about recent news. Concerns that, I do believe, will find echo in a majority of gamers.

As I understand, we won’t be able to host dedicated servers during Early Access, for at least several months.

You already have server files. They are currently running for the beta. My question is: why not sharing it, even if it is not polished?

We will not complain about crashes or bugs. That’s the price to pay when playing on an early release. Let’s be honest: Warband has always been a little bit buggy, and that’s part of it’s charm.

Anyway, by taking this decision, you are forbidding communities to train, play and organize their events together. It feels like you are keeping the communities away from your game right from the start, and for several months to come.

You must be fully aware that you need dedicated server to sell your game, and that we need dedicated server to enjoy it.

The Skirmish mode alone will not attract people enough. Why do we have the feeling that you are forgetting us?

I think, and I’m sure it is a vastly shared feeling among various clans and players, that you owe us a detailed explanation on this particular point.

Regards,

Verdieb – Leader of the 14eGaming

Agree and maybe give yours reason why you dont want to share the files with the community it could atleast let us know your feelings about it

I do agree, dedicated server are a priority for us, i can't believe you are planning to make us wait another year ...

I think they will wait no more to share them after 4-5 weeks of EA release.
5RBEVwu.png

We had a long debate about this on another thread haha.

Coming from another NW regiment, the 19th, I agree we need this as soon as possible.

Remember all the most popular servers in Warband history are community owned including native servers. Given we don't know how long EA will last, statements like 'we will release the files close to release' doesn't bode well at all. A year, two years? Please get them out as soon as possible!

Must agree with verdieb, letting down clans and organisations when it's what made warband survive for so long seems very unfair. The playerbase have shown pretty huge dedication during those last few years and i believe we're entitled to get what made warband so good for us in the first place.
I reckon it would be a huge mistake not to allow dedicated servers during the EA and really can't understund the reasoning behind this decision.

This is what happens when you listen to what 10 sweaty competitive native players has to say, instead of looking at or contacting the public community servers in NW/WB, or the larger event managers/nw regiments.
/Napoleonic Role Play & Jailbreak

@Gretel, c'mon, complain at TW on behalf of Minisiege.

This is what happens when you listen to what 10 sweaty competitive native players has to say, instead of looking at or contacting the public community servers in NW/WB, or the larger event managers/nw regiments.

I don't see how combat/balance changes would be related to the lack of dedicated server files at the start of EA.

Back
Top Bottom