Private Servers?

Users who are viewing this thread

Nothing is going to die you are just being insane.
If you can't hold your regiment together because a new game came out you seriously don't have any sense of unity in your regiments.

No need to be rude to people who give their time to hold large communities over the years.
We are a part of Warband community and we give our opinion. There is nothing wrong about that. Isnt it surprising that we want to move on Bannerlord after years of NW? I bet you never ran more than a 6 men native team and you have no idea of what you are talking about.

We won't be sharing server files at the start of EA. It will be sometime after when we do that, perhaps closer to the full-release.

This is the worst decision you could ever take for the EA.
Everyone love the sandbox aspect of Warband and want to have it for Bannerlord.

I guess fun is no longer allowed with TW.

No need to be rude to people who give their time to hold large communities over the years.
We are a part of Warband community and we give our opinion. There is nothing wrong about that. Isnt it surprising that we want to move on Bannerlord after years of NW? I bet you never ran more than a 6 men native team and you have no idea of what you are talking about.

Its surprising that you feel like you should be entitled to something the devs don't feel like is ready to be given to the public.

I don't know how to address the "never ran a native team" because no i don't have to. I originally come from cracked mount and blade where regiments that counted 8 people in it and even with events with only 20 people were enough to keep the community alive.

Yes its a bad decision, but you are pretending like the community is about to have servers filled with 5 people.

Not releasing the server’s file is like making the game empty before his official release. I don’t really understand your point of view as the goal of the EA is also to get money during the development of the game, to get bugs reported and to gather/hype people before the official release. Is there a best way to test the efficiency of the servers than releasing the feature in the EA ? This is a dedicated game phase to do so.

In my opinion 50€ is already expensive for an EA. But without dedicated servers... You’ll really have your game empty during the most important phase of the development.

The fact is that from a technical point of view, taleworlds should first see if the servers are up to the task before releasing the server files. What's good about having a server if its constantly crashing.

These server files would run on their own official servers. If their servers are constantly crashing, then what's good about having a multiplayer at all ?
I thought the point of running a Beta was to test those servers first.

These server files would run on their own official servers. If their servers are constantly crashing, then what's good about having a multiplayer at all ?
I thought the point of running a Beta was to test those servers first.
I don't exactly know what type of server hosting you're demanding. You want taleworlds to provide servers or do you want the files?

I don't exactly know what type of server hosting you're demanding. You want taleworlds to provide servers or do you want the files?

Sharing the server files Taleworlds use already would allow anyone to host his own server with his specific settings.
Unless a reason has been given already I don't see the point in not releasing them.

Sharing the server files Taleworlds use already would allow anyone to host his own server with his specific settings.
Unless a reason has been given already I don't see the point in not releasing them.

Releasing server files that can crash very often is not really great is it? Besides that as i've said before, taleworlds should release the server files when they're ready. Fixing all the issues and improving performance should be their focus instead of having to have each server owner report the crashes and issues. Just be patient, there is 0 reason for them to rush into this.

It's truly a huge dissapointement the way taleworlds is acting toward a part of the multiplayer community, indeed some peoples are not attracted by 6vs6, and making us wait another year to play a true multiplayer game with our clans is making some people crazy!
Also when i say 1 year i am really sceptical, i still remember all the times where they "announced" the game in an estimated time, and finnaly it was totaly wrong.
Anyway, please for once, listen to the voices of a part of the community ...

If we can't play with our friends and the community I guess some people will just don't buy the game until we can have our own servers.

Well, if you guys delay the release of what surely most of the community wants, the tiny bit of hype that people still have will be gone, and tbh yesterday I was still telling "Ahah I'd ****in pay 100€ for that game", but once more I feel betrayed, FFS I've played more than 7K hours of Warband since 2012, it's been 6 years since I'm waiting for Bannerlord, I fought against the haters insulting the dev team for ages because of the delays, but the hype begins to disappear. Please do something.

Well, if you guys delay the release of what surely most of the community wants, the tiny bit of hype that people still have will be gone, and tbh yesterday I was still telling "Ahah I'd ****in pay 100€ for that game", but once more I feel betrayed, FFS I've played more than 7K hours of Warband since 2012, it's been 6 years since I'm waiting for Bannerlord, I fought against the haters insulting the dev team for ages because of the delays, but the hype begins to disappear. Please do something.

Exactly, i feel the same.

The problem I see with no third-party servers are custom maps, MP mods and administration.
If you cannot host your own server then there will be only servers with the rules made by TW and administrators appointed by TW(which will probably be to few). Also you do not have custom maps which will probably make MP way less fun and interesting to play, MountAndSiege currently runs 73 maps.

Btw how is the anti-cheat system?

Back
Top Bottom