Private Servers?

Users who are viewing this thread

why dont you understand that from what im saying is that MY CLAN WILL DIE IN NW IF WE DONT SWITCH, we are switching and you cant tell us to stay in NW, we are a part of the community, the archduke crap has obviously gone to your head. We are coming over, we believe that Taleworlds would like to have us in testing especially battle and etc. we aim to make a community and we want to have a direct representative with TW just to communicate. Why is someone who has played almost nothing but singleplayer for thousands of hours and someone who doesn't understand what im communicate telling me and my regiment basically to go **** ourselves let alone the rest of the multiplayer community

What is so critical and acute that would lead to your community dying next month if you do not switch? If things have been going well for years, why are they suddenly collapsing?

The game will be ready in about a year, that much has been communicated. If EA does not answer your needs then I don't understand why you couldn't just stick to what's working currently and have patience until the game is actually released.

What is so critical and acute that would lead to your community dying next month if you do not switch? If things have been going well for years, why are they suddenly collapsing?

The game will be ready in about a year, that much has been communicated. If EA does not answer your needs then I don't understand why you couldn't just stick to what's working currently and have patience until the game is actually released.
What he said.

I don't know if you know the game Holdfast: Nations at War, but the NA community went from about 400 players an event on the weekends, needing 2 servers to host the event to less than 50 players, this WILL kill the community eventually. We want the ability to switch over and continue our community in Bannerlord and I dont see why we cant and all we want like ive said is some representation or atleast a reach out to the community so we know that we won't die

And Holdfast is now on its last legs and NW is still active. Your fears are unfounded and irrational. Bannerlord will be around for quite some time and if Flying Squirrel comes up with Napoleonic Wars for Bannerlord, a whole new bunch of clans will emerge.

Very very bad news, it's so disappointing to hear that with all the clans waiting for it. We will not be able to play as clans without private servers. This is unacceptable.
+1

Private server ( event ) is the most reason why this community is so alive because of the Multiplayer. This is really disappointing.

I don't see the argument in not releasing the server files for the EA release, to dedicated providers/partners if not to the community as a whole.

Someone said about 'but if they have to update the server files for every small release'. They have to do that anyway :unsure:, for their own dedicated infrastructure lol. Secondly providing technical documentation on how to host a server isn't a difficult task. Generally, people who host servers are technically savvy - and such documentation certainly won't change massively between releases.

Warband was amazing for its massive battles, not small competitive play, the contemporary popularity of NW compared to Native proves the former. I hope Taleworlds recognises this and facilitates organised events fast after EA release.

It's definitely not helpful not having private servers, not critically damaging to the game, but its a grave disappointment non the less.

What on Earth does Holdfast have to do with Napoleonic War?
I played NW years ago but I heard from a lot of people who played it, that it was the spiritual successor of NW. It had way too much YouTube/twitch coverage, and it had about a 2k or 3k peak. Basically a new game will kill an old game, it's just how that works, warband's MP scene will fade naturally as the non "hardcore" players will migrate to bannerlord, and that's perfectly fine. We can't force TW to release private servers before Ea, so that shouldn't be discussed. But I think most people are aware that singleplayer is way more popular than MP for warband. But here's my reasons as to why that's not the case for Bannerlord. They've balanced their unit balance off of warband "pros", the beta is MP, not singleplayer, they've said they wanted a more competitive multiplayer, I seriously hope you don't think they're oblivious to what they are doing. Here's a list of things that might surprise you, I implore you to read them.

*Names are linked to Steam. This was a huge issue in Holdfast that a majority of people hated, it's a minor thing but it was very much worth bringing up. It means tags are linked to steam, that's a horrible idea and is really good for trolls to mess around. What do you do on a public server if someone joins a public server with the name "f*ggotkiller* if steam allows it, is it justified to ban them? Also in warband multiple people couldn't have the same name, this is no longer the case due to it being linked to steam. Like what I previously brought up in regards to racist/bigoted names, people can troll with tags and ruin clans when events become a thing.

*Private servers not being in EA. Can you guess what this means? I sincerely hope so, it means no MP mods. Mount and Musket was a great MP mod for Warband, it later became NW. That was made by FSE in 2010, the same year as Warband. Persistent Worlds in 2012, Nordinvasion in 2011, Mercenaries in 2011. You get the idea, right? Lets just forget that MP mods that will be developed are basically being told that "Private servers are coming after EA is over". How long is EA? Rust was in EA since DEC 2013, I bought it when it came out, it came out of early access in FEB 2018 that was 4 years and 3 months, Many games rarely leave EA. This is by far the worst choice they have made, I can look past the balance, the steam names, the javelin spam, but no servers? Clans won't exist at ANY capacity on this game because there is no private servers. No private servers equates to no events, no training, no skirms.

*This is a fairly minor one, but there's no banner selection. This is very minor and basically means nothing, but it was how clans discern themselves. Not much to say about this, just a simple QoL concern.

*Balance advice is taken by "pros". I've watched Warband """esports""" it was a joke, the commentators, the meta, and *especially* the players. They're as good as any other dedicated native player. The "pros" for M&B are not "pros" at all. It's like asking bronze players from Overwatch, bronze players from League of Legends, or challenger 1 players from DOTA2 to balance those respective games. This is a horrible idea, maybe you don't care about MP, maybe you think it's a good choice? The point is that so far MP will be dead for Clans, new players to M&B, and casuals to M&B

To end this already long forum post, assuming anyone from TW looks at this, I highly implore you to consider implementing private servers whenever they're ready It really should be a priority, I've talked to many prevalent community leaders of various Warband mods and from NW, it feels as though the community scene will be dead for as long as this game is in EA. Nobody is happy at this lack of support for Communities switching over from Warband to Bannerlord, it's impossible for these communities to live, let alone thrive. I sincerely hope TW that you understand you are killing communities that have existed for years, this is something that cannot recover for the MP scene. 10 years to make a game, yet the MP is less complete than Warband, how did you do it? I'll enjoy this game for what it has to offer in singleplayer, but you've damned yourself in regards to MP, I highly implore you to reconsider.

Actually the heart of Warband multiplayer is small 6 v 6 or 8 v 8 matches, but even Warband, at first, had no servers.

I'm afraid I disagree there.

Our regiment hosts 2 NW events that get ~160 people each weekly on Saturday/Sunday. On the Sunday, there are 4 other events that run concurrently as it currently stands. Servers like Minisiege, NRP, Jailbreak or that old native siege server proves where the TRUE heart of Warband multiplayer lies. Not in 6v6 competitive.

Edit:

Why not throw in PK/PW too while we're at it? Huge clan wars on that.

Our regiment hosts 2 NW events that get ~160 people each weekly on Saturday/Sunday. On the Sunday, there are 4 other events that run concurrently as it currently stands. Servers like Minisiege, NRP, Jailbreak or that old native siege server proves where the TRUE heart of Warband multiplayer lies. Not in 6v6 competitive.
Which shows, I hope, that NW is alive and well. NW is not Warband. Warband Native League is ongoing at the moment and a look at the Completed Tournaments section shows more of the same.

Edit:

Why not throw in PK/PW too while we're at it? Huge clan wars on that.
You're talking to a brickwall Presidente. if you look at his previous posts he's a firm believer that TW can do no wrong. He thinks only official 6v6 tourneys count as Warband multiplayer.

Which shows, I hope, that NW is alive and well. NW is not Warband. Warband Native League is ongoing at the moment and a look at the Completed Tournaments section shows more of the same.

Yes it does, and it also shows after 8~ years the formula for long term success.

Essentially, the biggest concentration of players want big multiplayer battles organised or unorganised. Of course the competitive scene exists, as it exists in NW, but it is simply nothing compared to the sheer magnitude of the casual crowd.

That is the point here. Taleworlds should have gone hard on facilitating custom server play for EA and added in the ranked skirmish etc systems during the EA. Not the other way around.

Remember: NRP, Jailbreak, Minisiege, Native Siege (I forget its name), BBG bot servers, 84e/33rd Siege, PW Oasis or pretty much every single successful Warband server in history had one thing in common - they were ALL community run. Even the best tournaments are community run!

TW, IMO, has done many things wrong,back as far as 2010. Not including private servers in Early Access may be another mistake, but it is their choice. I was trying to recommend to the OP to stick with NW until the full release of Bannerlord. That's all.

Fair enough. I suppose part of me naively just wants to believe expressing how frustrated some of us are about the lack of EA servers on release would make a difference. I know the management of those big NW servers agrees with me on this issue, they are all worried by the lack of EA servers.

Some of those servers have existed for 5+ years now, they are the best representation of the casual Warband crowd you will ever get.

Don't forget ! NW is also Warband. You might prefer competitive play but all the Warband modules are built on the same great foundation we all know and love :xf-smile:.

Then I recommend to you; stick to NW until full release of Bannerlord. Also, despite claims to the contrary, NW is not Warband. Warband has a substantial majority of single players. NW has no single player. I haven't found a significant cross over between Warband and NW and I've been around the forum a long time.

Don't forget ! NW is also Warband.
To be fair, that's like saying Team Fortress 2 and Counter Strike Source, and Garry's Mod are the same thing because they all use the same engine. The entire premise and the resulting gameplay of Napoleonic Wars is completely different to Native Warband to the point that they aren't even comparable. Which is why it draws in as much of the casual crowd as it does. There's nothing wrong with enjoying it of course, but NW is NW. It's not remotely a Warband experience.

Back
Top Bottom