Randomly generated weapons

Users who are viewing this thread

Are randomly generated weapons still a feature in bannerlord, or has this idea been scraped?

Since this video has been released (18th of march btw, 4 years ago) we know that every weapon we see in the game will be made up of different parts, which we can find on the world map. But since then we got no info on weapons, apart from that one dev blog which described types of weapons, etc.

If indeed weapons are randomly generated, how will that work? Will the khuzait weapons consist mostly of curved blades and ringed pommels? Will Vlandians specifically have straight arming swords?

Also im looking forward for the weapon crafting feature when it's complete, probably gonna sink 3/5 of my playtime in the workshop making weapons I won't even use.

They said the weapon crafting will not be on the early access, but I saw swords (polearms, javelins also) in a allitems file, they were made out of 4 parts each I think you can create new weapons by playing on their code if you want. In those files. I saw that every weapon part, grips, pommels, guards etc. had specific faction, weapons of specific factions probably have those factions specific parts. Crafting system looks ready to me maybe the part where all weapons are randomly generated needs some balancing since there are a ton of possibilities and some might be completely useless they might need to stop those from generating, hope they put it in ea soon after its launch.

Okay so I gotta combine the code lines of 4 greatswords to make a dragon slayer?
10126327.jpg

When you randomise the weapon just right

Okay so I gotta combine the code lines of 4 greatswords to make a dragon slayer?
Are you asking for the current beta, if you are I never tried it though planning to. every weapon had parts in front of ti in the code for example khuzait grip 17 etc. I think if you change it to 16 for example or change the faction altogether, you should get a different weapon. Try choosing that weapon on you advanced custom battle mod character (btw don't change the main allitems change the one in the battle test modules folder) and I think you ll end up with a new weapon. Note that I haven't tried this but planning to do it tomorrow.

Edit: here is a piece from code it shows its pieces and their sizes

<CraftedItem id="sturgia_bastard_sword"
name="Northern Bastard Sword"
crafting_template="OneHandedSword">
<Pieces>
<Piece id="sturgian_blade_2"
Type="Blade"
scale_factor="110" />
<Piece id="sturgian_guard_12"
Type="Guard"
scale_factor="110" />
<Piece id="sturgian_grip_25"
Type="Handle"
scale_factor="110" />
<Piece id="sturgian_pommel_10"
Type="Pommel"
scale_factor="90" />
</Pieces>
<!-- Length: 115 Weight: 1.64 SwingSpeed: 84 ThrustSpeed: 95 -->
</CraftedItem>

Last edited:
10126327.jpg

When you randomise the weapon just right
dude i am fun of berserk and i am into your idea of this character , maybe youll gonna need to mod it in order to bring such a weapon in life that denies armor damage reduction is magical and stores demonic energy inside it to fuel the weilder , but bannerlord is not that kind of world it remind more the world before the the band of the hawk made midlands knights . So you will only have to craft the earlier version of Guts sword .

Back
Top Bottom